Dune (2020) from Villeneuve

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Poor choice for lead actor (Timmy Chalamet, facepalm)....Adam Driver or anyone else would have been a better pick....but, Villeneuve's stuff is cool otherwise.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Poor choice for lead actor (Timmy Chalamet, facepalm)....Adam Driver or anyone else would have been a better pick....but, Villeneuve's stuff is cool otherwise.
I actually liked the movie tho I like all of Villenueves stuff

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
What a killer soundtrack!!!! Sweet Geezus!!!! I felt the vibrations through my leather recliner rocker everytime the bass hit. It hit hard and often but was never boomy or overdone. The visual effects on my 4K were simply stunning, crisp clear, clean, and detailed. The acting was really good although my verdict on the actor who played Paul is still on the fence. I will wait until the next release to pass judgement.

I would say from a story line perspective that the old 3 disc TV minispecial and this new Dune are equivalent. Its not better, not worse. A copy of this definately belongs on any movie collector's shelf.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
What a killer soundtrack!!!! Sweet Geezus!!!! I felt the vibrations through my leather recliner rocker everytime the bass hit. It hit hard and often but was never boomy or overdone. The visual effects on my 4K were simply stunning, crisp clear, clean, and detailed. The acting was really good although my verdict on the actor who played Paul is still on the fence. I will wait until the next release to pass judgement.

I would say from a story line perspective that the old 3 disc TV minispecial and this new Dune are equivalent. Its not better, not worse. A copy of this definately belongs on any movie collector's shelf.
Going pick it up at my local Walmart today! They got some in, 4K, and ,on reg-blu-ray.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Just picked up mine yesterday gonna enjoy it before I go to work

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I just picked it up and watched it (finally!). Even the Lady was thoroughly impressed and said she would watch it again.

For myself, I enjoyed it. Great ride, and while it has been a long time since reading the book, it seemed to track well with my memories. Loved the Audio, enjoyed the cinematography, and was even mostly fine with the casting (my biggest question mark was Mamoa... just seemed too over the top in a way, though I do appreciate that they gave his character more than the simple glossover role from the Lynch version).

Now I just wish we didn't have to wait until 2023 for II... and then I also saw that there is a plan for III(?!).

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Uh Adam Driver would have been way too old. Paul Atreides is something like 15 in the book.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I just picked it up and watched it (finally!). Even the Lady was thoroughly impressed and said she would watch it again.

For myself, I enjoyed it. Great ride, and while it has been a long time since reading the book, it seemed to track well with my memories. Loved the Audio, enjoyed the cinematography, and was even mostly fine with the casting (my biggest question mark was Mamoa... just seemed too over the top in a way, though I do appreciate that they gave his character more than the simple glossover role from the Lynch version).

Now I just wish we didn't have to wait until 2023 for II... and then I also saw that there is a plan for III(?!).
It really deserves 3 parts 2nd would be Paul's journey into taking the spice the relationship with Chani and the death of his first children then the third would be the war and showdown with the emporer

They could do it in 2 but I think 3 if cleverly done would be better

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It really deserves 3 parts 2nd would be Paul's journey into taking the spice the relationship with Chani and the death of his first children then the third would be the war and showdown with the emporer

They could do it in 2 but I think 3 if cleverly done would be better
I would love it if they could stretch out these new movies all the way to God Emperor of Dune.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I would love it if they could stretch out these new movies all the way to God Emperor of Dune.
Oh my lordy God Emporer of Dune was my favorite all time book in the series! Yes that would be totally epic if they did that!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Villeneuve said if he can do a third, it would be Dune Messiah, to complete Paul's arc. That sounded more like him musing than some actual commitment from a studio to do that. If Part 2 does well, that definitely opens the possibility.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis