Dune (2020) from Villeneuve

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I had more clarity at home, but didn't have it excessively loud as we had at the theater. We all had problems understanding at the theater, particularly with Stellan Skargaard's voice.
Maybe it was because like you said the movie theater has bad audio the one I was at didn't and the bass was awesome

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Hans Zimmer did WW84 and Dune music...Maurice Jarre did Lawrence of Arabia
Thanks, didn't mean to imply that LoA was also the same guy for the soundtrack, but WW and Dune sure sounded very similar, and it makes sense now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, didn't mean to imply that LoA was also the same guy for the soundtrack, but WW and Dune sure sounded very similar, and it makes sense now.
Zimmer does have a bit of a signature or style I think. I was just curious after reading your comment so looked it up :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe it was because like you said the movie theater has bad audio the one I was at didn't and the bass was awesome
Yeah pretty sure the theater's setup was the issue. I did experience better bass at home, too :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah pretty sure the theater's setup was the issue. I did experience better bass at home, too :)
I'll bet I can't wait for this to come out on disc so we can all see what our systems at home can do with that bass

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
With all the overhead flying and air battles I hope they do a 4k atmos disc for sure

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
sheeet you're right. ok, mostly avoided.
Agreed but you knew some changes of role casting was going to happen in current day Hollywood. I still thought she did a good job. And just grateful that the casting or story line wasn't just butchered like it has been with other movies comics and other forms of entertainment.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just put the stream on to listen to a few scenes and found the volume a bit low. Probably watch the whole thing again tonight.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just put the stream on to listen to a few scenes and found the volume a bit low. Probably watch the whole thing again tonight.
I might watch it again tonight too. There's a lot packed into the movie and I'm sure I'll pick up on some stuff I missed the first time around.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Agreed but you knew some changes of role casting was going to happen in current day Hollywood. I still thought she did a good job. And just grateful that the casting or story line wasn't just butchered like it has been with other movies comics and other forms of entertainment.
I thought she did a good job too.

I have nothing against character swaps like that when it's not done with a heavy hand and still works with the story. There's a difference between "it works" and "make it work". This worked.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I have nothing against character swaps like that when it's not done with a heavy hand and still works with the story. There's a difference between "it works" and "make it work". This worked.
Yeah I totally feel the same way

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

I won't mind villain woman for a change. How about Baroness Harkonnen?
Tribes of Europa tried, but some aspects should be reworked IMHO, like masturbation for example. o_O

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I won’t mind villain woman for a change. How about Baroness Harkonnen?
That could work.

You know, right when I finished that post I thought to myself, "Okay self, how would you feel about Paulina Atreides as the protagonist??". I thought about it and I really don't think I'd have a problem with it. Except then I remembered that part of what makes Paul special is the fact that he's trained as a bene gesserit and that's a thing usually reserved only for women, so it might not work for Dune.

Baroness Harkonnen tho? Why not?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That could work.

You know, right when I finished that post I thought to myself, "Okay self, how would you feel about Paulina Atreides as the protagonist??". I thought about it and I really don't think I'd have a problem with it. Except then I remembered that part of what makes Paul special is the fact that he's trained as a bene gesserit and that's a thing usually reserved only for women, so it might not work for Dune.

Baroness Harkonnen tho? Why not?
You could reverse the whole thing and make the Bene Gesserit like male priests ala catholicism.....

I don't have issues with differing roles for genders from the traditional....been a sausage fest far too long :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You could reverse the whole thing and make the Bene Gesserit like male priests ala catholicism.....

I don't have issues with differing roles for genders from the traditional....been a sausage fest far too long :)
That might be the reason Herbert went the way he did.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis