DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gwilks98

Audioholic Intern
You should've stopped by his house, Mike. Must've been a big bbq going on with all the staff from the production, design, shipping, logistics, and quality control departements there. Surely Santiago must've been there celebrating his brother's move to 'Made in the USA'. And you know Arnie Nudell, Bascom King, Seaton, the Ninja, Liederman, and Danny had to be there as well. Why, you would've gotten a chance to meet with the other members of TADG and I'll bet they were all listening to the new G-2 speakers, proud as can be. Why, it would't have surprised me in the least to see the orphans from Khabarovsk with their healthy faces thanks to the medicine Mark was able to provide. If you've got the time, drive past his soon to be former house or even try the warehouse again.
Geez man. I could swear at the least Seaton and Ninja had significantly ugly partings with MLS. One of us has their facts wrong. And since you're the one selling the drama, I have to wonder....

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Geez man. I could swear at the least Seaton and Ninja had significantly ugly partings with MLS. One of us has their facts wrong. And since you're the one selling the drama, I have to wonder....
That is pretty much common knowledge and the Ninjas court case was well documented here. If you actually attempted to read this thread you would realize how sarcastic Chu's response is.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Gwilks, good to see you found your way back here. You posted once before in this thread in April 2009 and said this:
It's a bit upsetting to see a thread like this hit 40 pages. It's a fine company going through rough times. It still has my recommendation.
I was wondering if you still stood by your recommendation and opinion of the company.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Geez man. I could swear that blaming Chu Gai for the debacle that is av123 is so 2009. Maybe I have my facts wrong though. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The way my viewing settings are set shows 510 pages now . :eek: Its been quite the journey since 40.

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
Geez man. I could swear that blaming Chu Gai for the debacle that is av123 is so 2009. Maybe I have my facts wrong though. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Some people are always trying to bring back the old styles so they don't have to get new clothes(or insults and opinions).

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I've been b!tching to the Denver BBS

off and on about why there's now no longer a rating for AV451. I received this as a reply today.

The companies report is currently being updated and that is all we have to report at this time. As soon as the report is updated it will reflect online.
I kind of thought these things ought to be pretty zippy now that we've moved past the 8088 processor.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
It is taking an unusual lengthy amount of time. I am looking forward to comparing it to the previous reliability report of an F rating that has been posted here previously. It would be something if there was an "underfunding" :rolleyes: of information after this update. All previous complaints should still be shown even if resolved.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I have often heard rumblings that the BBB is in the "pay to play" business. We will see.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I have often heard rumblings that the BBB is in the "pay to play" business. We will see.
I've heard similar stories, Jed, but they usually had to do with businesses that were BBB accredited. Like you said though, we'll see.

richeydog

richeydog

Audioholic Intern
Hey the forum at AV123 is up an running again. :rolleyes: :D I thought they were going to erase everybody's post counts? I checked out my profile and found that I still have 293...:p

Last edited:
gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
They must all be in the classifieds or the pictures thread they left in place...

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
Hey the forum at AV123 is up an running again. :rolleyes: :D I thought they were going to erase everybody's post counts? I checked out my profile and found that I still have 293...:p
I had them delete my profile, so my post count is a permanent zero :cool:

M

mhawker

Audioholic
So now their litmus test of post worthiness is WWYGD? (what would your grandmother do).

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, I guess they realized by shutting the forum down, the phone calls into their office dropped from 3 per day down to zero. They probably brought the forum back up in hopes to recover those 3 potential sales per day. ;)

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Not sure what is worse, the forum re-opening or the Quadman acting all shocked and hurt because they didn't really care about him. Come on John, you can't still be playing those cards. mls conned everyone and cared about no one. You know that. You have known it for a while.

John, sorry to post here; I know you can't respond. But I can't post on av123 or that other place. Matt, any chance to unban Quad? A recipe thread would be nice here...

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I usually start my predictions with "I could be wrong" but in this case the mind numbing stupidness it takes to erase all those positive posts convinces me its all but over. What a bunch of idiots. I could see erasing the last 2 years, but how are they going to sell anything now? There is nothing to follow, nothing to search, nothing to read about. Heck, 99% of all those posts were extremely positive for a new person to read. The fact that they erased that whole "family" vibe built over years and years is idiotic. That forum, being so heavily moderated, was the absolute best thing they had going for them. They can't sell products with than negative press on all the forums, and the reviews they do have scattered across the internet are for products they no longer sell. That isn't even discussing the wealth of information they had in that forum. IMO they should be brought up on criminal charges just for that, but I would settle for a square kick in the nuts. Like burning down a library.

Start up the countdown clock. No forum history. No products to sell. CAD (and terrible ones at that) drawings of new mystic speakers. Already 3 months late with LS-4's. Somebody just needs to give that beast a push.

M

mziegler

Audioholic
LOL, I can see the forum without going through a proxy now.:D
My only question is when the forum will revert to the best repository of audio train wrecks on the web.

Of course there will mostly be the sound of one of Shifty's hands clapping for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis