DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
The next thing you know, they'll be calling themselves a "think tank". :eek:
Yeah they'd do great in washington.... Wonder how long social security would last with them giving advice to senators.
Next week they will probably be a nonprofit (don't think they ever made a profit) ....

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I think this was the car that took Field Marshal Steidle and Humbly Bumbly to the small claims court when Sean won his case against him. I tell you, it's a collector's item but if'n he winds up spending time at the Boulder Country Jail Woodworking shop, he probably doesn't need two cars.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I think this was the car that took Field Marshal Steidle and Humbly Bumbly to the small claims court when Sean won his case against him. I tell you, it's a collector's item but if'n he winds up spending time at the Boulder Country Jail Woodworking shop, he probably doesn't need two cars.
Who attempts to sell a car without telling people what year it is?

J

Jim1921

Audiophyte
New post on av321:

Forum Admin
Administrator

Case is continued to August 2nd.

Looks like Mark will have more time to work on a plea bargain

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Who attempts to sell a car without telling people what year it is?
Why, it's 2010 and next year it'll be 2011! :D

Sure wasn't a lot of information given on their website but I'm surprised they said that much.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I just sent the following email to the Denver BBB

I've noticed a sudden change in one company that the Denver BBB has been monitoring

and I'd like you to look into it and make the necessary corrections. The company is AV123 and they are located in Longmont. As of the other day, a search of the BBB for this company indicates that it provided secretarial services and that you had no information regarding this company. Now today, a search indicates that AV123 Type of Business is Speakers - Wholesale & Manufacturers. While this is correct, a report on this company still says it has no rating.

On 6/26/2010 a search of the same company stated the following.

BBB Rating

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:

* 6 complaints filed against business
* Failure to respond to 2 complaints filed against business.
* 2 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
* Government action(s) against business.
* BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.

Customer Complaint History

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 6 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 6 complaints closed in 36 months, 4 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned :
+ 5 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues

1 - Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit
3 - Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
1 - None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue
+ 1 regarding Sales Practice Issues

1 - Sales presentation did not disclose key conditions of the offer

These complaints were closed as:
+ 2 No Response

2 - Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.
+ 2 Resolved

2 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
+ 2 Unresolved

Government Actions

The following describes a pending government action that has been formally brought by a government agency but has not yet been resolved. We are providing a summary of the government's allegations, which have not yet been proven.

On February 26, 2010, Colorado Attorney General John Suthers announced that the Statewide Grand Jury indicted Mark L. Schifter, on suspicion that he ran multiple fraudulent charity raffles that he used to steal from Colorado consumers.

According to the five-count indictment, Schifter, president of the Longmont-based companies www.AV123.com and Perpetual Technologies, used his company's Web site to post information about 27 illegal charity raffles between October 2004 through August 2009. During that time, Schifter is suspected of taking in more than $180,000 from 707 victims as part of the raffles; only $29,500 of the money the raffles raised was devoted to charitable causes. The indictment alleges that many of the charities advertised as the benefactors of the online raffles received none of the money.

For more information, please visit: http://www.coloradoattorneygeneral.g...02/26/attorney general announces indictment longmont man involved internet charitabl​
Now, either your system has a glitch of some sort, it has been tampered with internally, or it is able to be altered in some fashion by outside parties. In any case, the information that the Denver BBB system is providing is erroneous and needs to be corrected to reflect not only the complaints this company has on file as well as the indictment against the owner of the company, Mark Schifter. To not correct your records would mean concerned consumers are not properly informed should they choose to enlist your services. I and others would appreciate your immediate attention to correct the monkey business that is going on.

Thank you,

Chu Gai

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
New post on av321:

Forum Admin
Administrator

Case is continued to August 2nd.

Looks like Mark will have more time to work on a plea bargain
I just got off the phone with the Court Clerk. The matter has been continued to July 23, 2010 at 1 pm. All parties were present. The reason according to the Clerk had to do with whether a plea deal that was satisfactory could be reached. No information regarding what the plea deal would consist of was provided. It would not surprise me if additional funds are needed by the Bumbly one in order to perhaps satisfy some aspect of the plea deal like getting money up front

Looks like the August 2nd date is a typo. Justice marches on.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I've also sent the following web message to the Times Call

I haven't read anything new since the Times Call reported on the indictment of Mark Schifter of AV123 located in Longmont for charitable fraud. Defrauding charities is a serious matter and hampers their ability to do fundraising. Could someone there look into what has happened since? The file is 10CR527. I think it would be a great community service and would indicate that the Times Call is a publication that is concerned about its readership.
Perhaps a reporter can obtain additional information to shed some light on this.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Hmm ... though a bit unrelated, I wonder which company Dell reminds me of when it comes to issues like this?

Capacitor leaks are serious business. When a capacitor blows out, not only does the device in question die an instant death, it might even catch fire.

So when the New York Times reports on freshly unsealed documents from a lawsuit alleging that Dell, over the course of two years, sold almost 12 million Optiplex machines with leaky capacitors to companies large and small, you know there's pain ahead for Dell whether the company wins the suit or not.

The newly unsealed documents allegedly show that Dell was aware that capacitors from Japanese partsmaker Nichicon were almost certain to fail in the machines they were selling. But the company continued to sell these parts to everyone from Wal-Mart to Mayo Clinic, opting to focus on damage control rather than quality control.

At one point, 1,000 computers that Dell delivered to the law firm that was defending it in the suit started failing, and the computer maker allegedly "balked" at fixing them.

Even when Dell did get around to replacing faulty motherboards, a contractor that Dell hired to look into the issue found that Dell's replacements were themselves faulty. Dell apparently learned that Nichicon's capacitors caused problems in 97 percent of cases over a three-year period, and that the quality problems were ten times worse than the company had originally estimated.

Dell's attorneys admitted to the paper that there was a problem with Nichicon, "and it affected different customers in different ways." The company would not, however, comment on pending litigation.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Hopefully the BBB is just applying a big update to the page to make it as current as possible regarding complaints, resolutions and corporate info. Though if that were the case it would probably be better if one couldn't access the web page at all pertaining to the reliability report of the company, because as Chu said if some consumer would look them up on the BBB at this moment of time, it would not appear to be any shifty business going on.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Wow. That's a fine looking automobile. I wonder if the Shifty family would take VA321 credit certificates as payment for the vehicle?

chessman

Enthusiast

Well, the MLS writing style remains the same. If you substitute "UFW-12" in place of "Saab" it reads like one of the old av451 forum postings.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Wow. That's a fine looking automobile. I wonder if the Shifty family would take VA321 credit certificates as payment for the vehicle?
2 vaporware RSL-II in store credit should just about cover it.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
You really think it was a typo?
Well, you know me, Curtis. I don't use too many emoticons and I tend to have a dry deadpan sense of humor. But, I did hear back from the guy who handles the crime reporting for the Times Call. I was pleasantly surprised to hear back so quickly. First of all, the date of July 23rd, 1 pm was independently confirmed. By his reckoning, that's when the formal arraignment will occur and according to him, that's when any deals are formalized. If that's the case then we can expect a disposition at that time.

Knowing that AV451 relies heavily upon this site for accurate information, I trust they'll make the necessary corrections to the date or that the OP will post again.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Knowing that AV451 relies heavily upon this site for accurate information, I trust they'll make the necessary corrections to the date or that the OP will post again.
Or they'll "correct" the thread into oblivion... :)

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
The BBB Wrote Back

Dear Chu Gai,

We are currently updating our report on this company. Therefore, no report is available at this time. I assure you there is no glitch with our system. New information has been brought to our attention and we are reviewing it carefully. Please continue to check back as we will try to get the report up to date as soon as possible.
I guess we'll have to wait for the report to be updated then.

N

NewOrlnsDukie

Audiophyte
Thanks to Curtis for directing me over here, and to audionut for showing that there is at least some recourse for those like me who have been owed money for years.

I don't know if it's worth it to try to recover the 1100 Mark owes me for my cancelled order, but I just wanted to drop by and say thanks.

Oh, and it's good to see some familiar names from the old forum!

Too bad there seems to be way too much Lakers talk hereabouts.:mad:

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis