DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gkaste

Junior Audioholic
Hi all.... new to the forums here. Looks like a good place to call home after leaving av123. I have loved av123 products since I first heard them, but it’s a real shame to see what is happening. Certainly won’t be buying any more in the future. I fortunately have not been screwed over like many have. The worst I had was waiting over 1 year for delivery on product I paid for.

My banning came quickly after my reply to Mark's thread "A small look into the future". I guess after I get a few more posts I can put up the picture.

A

andy_c

Audioholic
My banning came quickly after my reply to Mark's thread "A small look into the future". I guess after I get a few more posts I can put up the picture.
Somebody already posted it earlier here. That was one of the funniest posts I've seen in a while :D.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Yeah, that post was hilarious! It went unnoticed by the mods for quite awhile, too. Welcome gkaste.

richeydog

richeydog

Audioholic Intern
Anybody selling their AV123 speakers?( I have x-series speakers btw) I don't know if I want to keep mine any longer.

If the company closes where are you going to get replacement parts if needed? If I did sell them it would be at a loss but at least it's better than having a $500 + doorstop. :eek:

Is there any hope to get parts if the company shuts it's doors? :)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Anybody selling their AV123 speakers?( I have x-series speakers btw) I don't know if I want to keep mine any longer.

If the company closes where are you going to get replacement parts if needed? If I did sell them it would be at a loss but at least it's better than having a $500 + doorstop. :eek:

You can start by contacting one of their speaker designers Danny Richy who should have knowledge on the components and how to source them - if possible.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic

I sold off my last pair about a month ago. Though, my selling started well over a year ago with the MFW-15 going, then the RS-760s and eventually the "X" series lastly. I could smell an odor brewing during late 2008, which prompted me to start selling and get out while the gettin' was good.

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
My $0.02. :)

If the products have served you well then I see no reasons to have to sell them.

Within the warranty period then the company is bound legally to provide replacement parts.
Outside of it, I am sure you can get the parts as long as you're willing to look for sources.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
There has been talk of outside support for the MFW-15 in the future if needed. This would be comforting.

richeydog

richeydog

Audioholic Intern
You can start by contacting one of their speaker designers Danny Richy who should have knowledge on the components and how to source them - if possible.
Ah yes, I had forgotten about Danny. I knew he designed the x-stuff but that somehow slipped my mind.

I sold off my last pair about a month ago. Though, my selling started well over a year ago with the MFW-15 going, then the RS-760s and eventually the "X" series lastly. I could smell an odor brewing during late 2008, which prompted me to start selling and get out while the gettin' was good.
It took me longer than most to ween off the kool-aid. After the forum closure last year I went to TCA and read some "stuff" about the "man" which started the eye opening process. It wasn't until recently(indictment) that I finally realized the seriousness of the matter. Call me a slow-learner i guess. :eek:

If the products have served you well then I see no reasons to have to sell them.

Within the warranty period then the company is bound legally to provide replacement parts.
Outside of it, I am sure you can get the parts as long as you're willing to look for sources.
Hey Hugh, what's up? :D Nobbie been taking good care of you? :D

The products have served me well and I don't anticipate any type of failure( i don't own anything with an amp) but it can happen. I've owned rockets for years and never had a problem.

Personally, with the stuff i've read I'm kind of torn. Even if I could get replacement parts from a third party(i.e. Danny) I really am disappointed with MLS. Part of me doesn't want his speakers in my house.

G

gkaste

Junior Audioholic

I have an extra pair of 450s that I am not using, and planned on selling. But now since this has come up, I am going to hang on to them, probably set them up in the office, but mainly keep them for spare parts should they be needed.

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
I'm doing better than supposed to...:)

Check out my website for future reference. www.angelcityaudio.com

Have not talked to Nobbie for a while.
Ah yes, I had forgotten about Danny. I knew he designed the x-stuff but that somehow slipped my mind.

It took me longer than most to ween off the kool-aid. After the forum closure last year I went to TCA and read some "stuff" about the "man" which started the eye opening process. It wasn't until recently(indictment) that I finally realized the seriousness of the matter. Call me a slow-learner i guess. :eek:

Hey Hugh, what's up? :D Nobbie been taking good care of you? :D

The products have served me well and I don't anticipate any type of failure( i don't own anything with an amp) but it can happen. I've owned rockets for years and never had a problem.

Personally, with the stuff i've read I'm kind of torn. Even if I could get replacement parts from a third party(i.e. Danny) I really am disappointed with MLS. Part of me doesn't want his speakers in my house.

M

mhawker

Audioholic

Agreed. I may not like the direction the company was/ is going- as well as the behavior of MLS, but I'm not going to sell my gear. Deleting my forum posts and choosing to buy elsewhere from now on is how I am showing my disappointment in the company.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
I am showing my disappointment by showing av12Guilty a clean set of heels.

Ya hear me TADG? Sure you do...

washburn

washburn

Audioholic
OT a bit:
I still use my wsm x-ls pair and wsm x-sub...I like them, but have been playing with the idea of upgrading to more sensitive and/or 4 ohm (x-ls is 8 ohm) monitors ... and perhaps try to get a darker finish while at it... the wsm, although nice, doesn't really go with the rest (WAF, etc ...)... i really don't have any hopes of finding any ref-1s, and am not very crazy about them either anymore due to being av123 products.... we'll see....

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
Ref1 has never been av123's product.
OT a bit:
I still use my wsm x-ls pair and wsm x-sub...I like them, but have been playing with the idea of upgrading to more sensitive and/or 4 ohm (x-ls is 8 ohm) monitors ... and perhaps try to get a darker finish while at it... the wsm, although nice, doesn't really go with the rest (WAF, etc ...)... i really don't have any hopes of finding any ref-1s, and am not very crazy about them either anymore due to being av123 products.... we'll see....

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis