DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I think it would be appropriate to change the web address from 123.gone to TADG.con .

K

Kraftwerks

Enthusiast
Thanks for not ganging up on me.

I seem to be oblivious of the real impact this has had on many individuals. Every purchase order and calls for warranty support (MFW amps and a rocket driver) I made went well. With that said, would I order from the company again? No.

I wasn’t trolling…maybe looking for a little debate and do apologize if I offended anyone. I did have a few drinks last night :eek:

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for not ganging up on me.

I seem to be oblivious of the real impact this has had on many individuals. Every purchase order and calls for warranty support (MFW amps and a rocket driver) I made went well. With that said, would I order from the company again? No.

I wasn’t trolling…maybe looking for a little debate and do apologize if I offended anyone. I did have a few drinks last night :eek:
No biggie. I'd see about trying to get another replacement driver or two before the doors shut down. What was wrong with the driver and was that an old amp or one of the newer ones?

K

Kraftwerks

Enthusiast
No biggie. I'd see about trying to get another replacement driver or two before the doors shut down. What was wrong with the driver and was that an old amp or one of the newer ones?
The amps were the original old ones, both went out and were replaced with the new model. The woofer cone buzzed at certain frequencies.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
It looks like you can't even make challenging remarks to cheeseboy. Just a few comments got me this:

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

And, of course, everything was deleted.
My reply to cheeseboy in the LS4 thread got me banned.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
That little Canadian Fig Newton, mfig never fails to disappoint!
mfig

no MFW manual
I had the same thing happen, but there's no reason to complain here except to perhaps try and embarrass someone for no good reason.
If you (which I'm guessing you probably did) emailed/called AV123, they (like they did with me) emailed back a complete manual in pdf form. I would be willing to do the same if you forward me your email address.
Not really an issue...
My request made directly to MLS for a manual was ignored. I didn't get one until gonk posted a link to one in AH last week (thanks).

As I was digging around in my emails, I came across this reply to my request for tech help...

RE: MFW-15 FM interference‏
Sent: Wed 12/09/09 5:59 PM
To: 'xx' (xxxxx@hotmail.com)

Hi…

I apologize for the lack of moment here… I’ve been home and not doing so well…

Please know that I sent this on to TWO of our Engineers looking for feedback…

Please be patient with this old guy… J

Happy Holidays…

mls

Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 12:38 PM
To: mls@av123.com
Subject: FW: MFW-15 FM interference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: mls@av123.com
Subject: RE: MFW-15 FM interference
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 15:39:21 -0600

I have my everything plugged into a power strip (unavoidable as my wall sockets are 2-pronged). The power strip (NOT a surge protector) has a grounded plug that is plugged into a cheater plug. I screwed the ground tab on the cheater plug into the screw on the wall plate. I get no hum in my system, but have to turn off the sub to watch tv (no cable, just free DTV) or listen to FM. The higher the volume, the worse the interference gets. The noise and video snow pulses with the beat of the sound.

Thanks.

> From: mls@av123.com
> To: xxxxx@hotmail.com
> Subject: RE: MFW-15 FM interference
> Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:18:53 -0700
>
> Wow... we don't hear much about this kind of thing to often...
>
> Can you tell me how the AC is routed for this - and for the other units
> mentioned here...
>
> Thank You...
>
> mls

>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: tesseract @ forums.AV123.com [mailto:xxxxx@hotmail.com]
> Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 1:56 PM
> To: mls@av123.com
> Subject: MFW-15 FM interference
>
> This is a message from tesseract at forums.AV123.com (
> http://forums.av123.com/index.php ). The forums.AV123.com owners cannot
> accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.
>
> To email tesseract, you can use this online form:
> http://forums.av123.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=10163
>
> OR, by email:
> mailto:xxxxx@hotmail.com
>
> This is the message:
>
> How do I keep my sub from interfering with my DTV box and FM tuner? Thanks.
>
>

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
:eek:

No reason to complain that a years-old product doesn't have a manual? Or that the "99% draft" is more like 49% complete - specs that are taken from a full-range unpowered speaker (complete with 87dB efficiency, 1750Hz second order crossover, and weight listed per pair), big gaps in the text, placeholder images pulled from who-knows-where, and blank spaces where a number of images are required (like an image of the amp, or performance graphs, or an image of the sub on the cover page).

Wow...
I don't have a printer at home, nor internet access at work. So I emailed the link you posted to my boss at work so he could print it out for me. He later approached me, kinda puzzled and apologetic, and said that the manual appeared to incomplete.

I am thinking of laminating the sucker. :D

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Did you know that in Longmont, they didn't celebrate Saint Patrick's Day? It was renamed as Saint Schifter's Day because he drove all the members out of the forums.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Certainly a more complete manual. Looks like it could get posted on AV123's site for the benefit of MFW-15 owners if somebody would fill in the weight of the magnet.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
My Word, He Owes Money to Everyone!

If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it!

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I will say that AV123 does appear to be looking to restore their Customer Service reputation. Just earlier this morning the moderator took time out of his day to actually correct someone's spelling error. Granted the word that they fixed was "groupe" and they changed it to "group". How considerate. Misspelled words aren't allowed anymore.**

**except if TADG types them.

Edit: Here is a screenshot of the edited post by Fanuminski and the following post by elmalloc.

full link here:
http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?t=43595&page=2

Last edited:
T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I don't understand why if they're spelling Groupe with the "e" that it can't be universally used on their forum. It certainly would make things easier. Or, maybe, if they'd put a little bit more emphasis on the "e", such as: Groupé. :D

F

fanuminski

Enthusiast
I will say that AV123 does appear to be looking to restore their Customer Service reputation. Just earlier this morning the moderator took time out of his day to actually correct someone's spelling error. Granted the word that they fixed was "groupe" and they changed it to "group". How considerate. Misspelled words aren't allowed anymore.**

**except if TADG types them.

Edit: Here is a screenshot of the edited post by Fanuminski and the following post by elmalloc.

full link here:
http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?t=43595&page=2

I just re-edited to put the "e" back on - wow, they must have an automatic
"spelling" editor.
-M
PS> I'll probably get banned ...... lol

ricocetj

ricocetj

Junior Audioholic
I just re-edited to put the "e" back on - wow, they must have an automatic
"spelling" editor.
-M
PS> I'll probably get banned ...... lol
And, it's gone. Now Elmo's post is referring to nothing at all.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
GROUPE

Let's see if Audioholics has a spell correcting admin. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Guys, please don't hassle them over the spelling thing. They are a small business trying to survive in a tough economy. If prospective customers come to the forum and see a whole bunch of spelling errors it may create the perception that av123 lacks a certain attention to detail and people may think that they cannot trust the quality of goods purchased from av123.

Howe unfare wood thatt bea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis