DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Mayb* th*y can automatically c*nsor all *'s to mak* sur* that no on* can write group*.

F

fanuminski

Enthusiast
Well, you can add me to the "banned - badge of honoure"
-M

PS> For adding an "e" to a word -twice! that is f'ng hilarious!

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Latest list...

• Matt34 (including IP block)
  • gonk (including IP block)
  • Washburn
  • Zaluss
  • django1
  • droht
  • gkaste (if he's not banned now, the jail cell pic will fix that shortly)
  • wje (T2T at Audioholics)
  • arthurs
  • bunnyma357
  • Steve_vai_rules
  • NicolasKL
  • tesseract
  • Eddie Horton (including IP block)
  • Mac11700 (temporary - for now...)
  • mziegler
  • aurthurdent
  • Chungar
  • uw69
  • Jim1921
  • Cujobob
  • silverbullet
  • fanuminski

Again, some of these are based on members' forum status, and may or may not be permanent.

Harmon

Audioholic Intern
Agreed with everything you said and my "Blood Sucking Lawyers" comment was more about ambulance chasers, not prosecution attorneys. Corruption is everywhere, my field, heck any field but in the lawyer field I have met more bad ones than good ones, including the estate lawyer that is now sucking my mother’s estate dry doing nothing but billing us. I digress; I meant no disrespect to the good lawyers out there.
It's cool ... I know plenty of slimy lawyers too. :)

D

DavidG

Junior Audioholic
:eek:

No reason to complain that a years-old product doesn't have a manual? Or that the "99% draft" is more like 49% complete - specs that are taken from a full-range unpowered speaker (complete with 87dB efficiency, 1750Hz second order crossover, and weight listed per pair), big gaps in the text, placeholder images pulled from who-knows-where, and blank spaces where a number of images are required (like an image of the amp, or performance graphs, or an image of the sub on the cover page).

Wow...
If you're interested, I received a copy of the manual from them today, which is still a "draft" according to them, but sounds more up to date than the one you have. I'd be glad to send it to you if you PM me. No efficiency rating, still 1750Hz second order crossover, weight is for the sub (101-115 lbs depending on finish). This looks quite nice, although would have been nicer over 1 1/2 years ago with my sub.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
So is Gandarf actually clairvoyant? Some might not agree on his delivery over the years but in the end we all have to admit his crystal ball was correct....amazing.

The term clairvoyance (from 17th century French with clair meaning "clear" and voyance meaning "vision") is used to refer to the ability to gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses,[1][2] a form of extra-sensory perception. A person said to have the ability of clairvoyance is referred to as a clairvoyant ("one who sees clearly").

1.^ http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clairvoyance Merriam-Webster Online dictionary, Retrieved 2007-10-05 "1: the power or faculty of discerning objects not present to the senses 2: ability to perceive matters beyond the range of ordinary perception: penetration"
2.^ Britannica Online Encyclopedia, Retrieved 2007-10-07. The ESP entry includes clairvoyance

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
IMO, Gandarf works the plate very well and has for some time with most balls in the strike zone.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
So is Gandarf actually clairvoyant? Some might not agree on his delivery over the years but in the end we all have to admit his crystal ball was correct....amazing.
Nah, he's had it in for TADG and VA321 for years as TADG frequently pointed out along the way. His many years of undermining all of TADG's hard work finally came to fruition. It all started when he hacked TADG's Paypal account and stole the raffle money. Then he stole TADG's identity and ruined TADG's good name and credit by impersonating him and spending all of TADG's money. Poor TADG!

;)

Last edited:
N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
I think I had about 400 posts on va451. Member since 2006. I either got banned for telling cheeseboy that his (paraphrasing) "Is selling preorders any worse that judging a product without having heard it" post was BS. To which I responded something along the lines of "That seems like an extraordinarily stupid question for a variety of reasons." All of which I think most here can ascertain for themselves.

Or I was banned because they were just waiting for an excuse due to posts here and on AVS, plus the general fomenting rebellion and unrest on av123, by recommending anything but themselves in every thread that I could.

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
My wife is now following the saga and loves the commercials and love this rendition.:cool:
They're family friendly provided your family has a sense of humor and isn't offended by salty language. Rumor has it there's a new one in the works featuring somebody from Secrets.

I think I had about 400 posts on va451. Member since 2006. I either got banned for telling cheeseboy that his (paraphrasing) "Is selling preorders any worse that judging a product without having heard it" post was BS. To which I responded something along the lines of "That seems like an extraordinarily stupid question for a variety of reasons." All of which I think most here can ascertain for themselves.

Or I was banned because they were just waiting for an excuse due to posts here and on AVS, plus the general fomenting rebellion and unrest on av123, by recommending anything but themselves in every thread that I could.
I think you might've been a little hard on him.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
http://forums.av123.com/showpost.php?p=759710&postcount=75

mls...errr TADG said:
I am happy to say that it is.

Next week I will post pictures of new monitor. This monitor is a tour-de-force effort that will be constructed like nothing av123 has ever done.

The very special enclosure materials have arrived, and the drivers will be here next week.

I will start a new thread for this at an appropriate moment so that all of you can participate.

TADG
TADG is going to be posting information about the new Max Monitor "next week".....uh...... which would have been this week.

Well, I guess they still have a day or so left to tell us about the special enclosure materials and drivers.

Odd... they've never pre-announced products before without meeting their announced timelines.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Any chance you'll be able to make it to Shifty's arraignment next month, Andy?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I'll find out. Heck if you're going to go, I just might send you a "Don't Schifter Me Bro" magnetic bumper sticker to put on his car.

M

mziegler

Audioholic
Wow, even the newcomers are figuring out about shifty:

http://forums.av123.com/showpost.php?p=760518&postcount=7

"Even with post after post being deleted, long-time av123 owners and forum participants being banned, it is amazing what one can find on this forum that is so damning about this company. Then there is the information that's available elsewhere...

It looks like I would be crazy to buy from av123 products, especially since the proceeds would seem to be headed to a defense fund or bankruptcy court."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis