DIY speakers!... Are they worth it? (Rookie here so, be gentle)

O

OldSchool Days

Enthusiast
Ok, I’ve been talking to some folks and I have to admit that I’m officially intrigued by DIY Speakers. Ever since I saw these pictures from one of the members I’ve been thinking of experimenting myself - even though I have no experience on building speakers and or cabinets. I have no doubt they can be awesome speakers (when done properly), but I’ve been asking myself what are the real benefits of building my own LCR speakers instead of buying the ones sold in stores and audio shops?!?! I know there’s the sense of satisfaction and the enjoynment involved in the process but, is it really worth it? Thoughts????

Those curious/interested, I’ve been reading this interesting article from Audioholics:
https://www.audioholics.com/editorials/diy-loudspeakersView attachment 28140View attachment 28141View attachment 28142View attachment 28143View attachment 28144View attachment 28145View attachment 28146View attachment 28147
Kamikazee
Don,t Mind me asking what is the cutoff frequency for each Driver on your speakers?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis