Devialet surround system

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Looks interesting, available in 5, 7 and 9 channel configuration using a Storm Audio ISP Elite MK3. I don’t know why you would be able to scale it to as many channels as you want considering each speaker receives a signal via Cat 5. If you went with the 108db phantom speakers you get full range down to 14hz. I can imagine 15 speakers hitting 14hz using Dirac ART would be an experience. Not sure of cost but at retail looks like it would be $70k. I doubt the 108db models would be needed for height and surround but if Dirac ART could take advantage of them just for bass I bet it would be mind blowing.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Looks interesting, available in 5, 7 and 9 channel configuration using a Storm Audio ISP Elite MK3. I don’t know why you would be able to scale it to as many channels as you want considering each speaker receives a signal via Cat 5. If you went with the 108db phantom speakers you get full range down to 14hz. I can imagine 15 speakers hitting 14hz using Dirac ART would be an experience. Not sure of cost but at retail looks like it would be $70k. I doubt the 108db models would be needed for height and surround but if Dirac ART could take advantage of them just for bass I bet it would be mind blowing.
phantom is something you’d want too hear before buying . Ive not seen someone use them for anything but mains. I’m sure someone tried. them for all channels, just didn’t post about it..

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
phantom is something you’d want too hear before buying . Ive not seen someone use them for anything but mains. I’m sure someone tried. them for all channels, just didn’t post about it..
14Hz at 102db where driver and amp combined weigh 24 lbs and the entire enclosure is <1ft^3 ?

I remain skeptical.

T

TankTop5

14Hz at 102db where driver and amp combined weigh 24 lbs and the entire enclosure is <1ft^3 ?

I remain skeptical.
Me too but 14hz with 15 speakers in room response might be possible. I was more thinking how Dirac ART would work with 15 full range speakers.

T

TankTop5

I’ve listened to them and honestly, I’m not super impressed by their sound, sure they’d be great and a college frat house, though, if you were drunk enough

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I’ve listened to them and honestly, I’m not super impressed by their sound, sure they’d be great and a college frat house, though, if you were drunk enough
I use Klipsch icon kf 26, I’m sure these speakers probably get louder than the phantoms. Although I cross over at 80 Hz.. and there’s better towers sold today too. Mine are old.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis