Denon8500 vs Anthem1140

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Whether it’s Amir‘s opinion or someone else’s, it is all subjective opinions on ”sound quality”.

Unless someone does a true medical-like double-blind study with randomized subjects who are NOT trained to PREFER a certain sound, it’s just someone’s subjective opinion.
We both know it is next to impossible to convince people (may be easier for some people obviously..) on the "sound quality" thing unless there are places everywhere like internet cafe but with the proper studio like demo rooms, etc where people can go to for such medical like DBS they you describe. Otherwise any such discussion/debate will last till the end of time.:D

E

EBN

Audioholic
Whether it’s Amir‘s opinion or someone else’s, it is all subjective opinions on ”sound quality”.

Unless someone does a true medical-like double-blind study with randomized subjects who are NOT trained to PREFER a certain sound, it’s just someone’s subjective opinion.
There is quite many of those who has found Anthem sounding better in their room than these cheaper receivers with not as high quality room eq, even when both units has been at home and tested with time. Also the reviewers who listen different devices for their main job have found the same to be true. Gene also has spoken highly of ARC saying it`s a must have in review. Maybe they all lie then. It feels this forum is against everything that costs more than Denon and Yamaha. Hopefully Matthews test will be eye opener.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There is quite many of those who has found Anthem sounding better in their room than these cheaper receivers with not as high quality room eq, even when both units has been at home and tested with time. Also the reviewers who listen different devices for their main job have found the same to be true. Gene also has spoken highly of ARC saying it`s a must have in review. Maybe they all lie then. It feels this forum is against everything that costs more than Denon and Yamaha. Hopefully Matthews test will be eye opener.
It’s not that. I am not going to call anyone a liar for having a different opinion on something.

Just like people who believe every amplifier and preamp sound different or have a sound signature of its own.

Or that some people can hear THD of 0.0001% or 0.001% or 0.01% or 0.1%.

Whether its bias or whatever, it’s their OPINION.

I have heard ARC, Dirac, Lyngdorf and Audyssey. So I also have an OPINION just like everyone else.

Person A: I believe this, this is my opinion. This is what I buy.
Person B: I believe this, this is my opinion. This is what I buy.
Persons A & B: Ha ha, so we disagree. That’s cool. No biggie. Let’s go watch some great movies and TV series.

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis