Denon or Onkyo or ???

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
lolo dozzer, Nothing seems to work I tried being logical with them two, or is it "to" "too" or twos? Anyways Happy Thanksgiving bro!
They are very ill-informed and very rude! Why is this combination so prevalent?

Thank you for your whishes. I'm from a part of the world where thanksgiving is just some cryptic Yank thing where they seem to pat themselves on the back about somthing the other side is in fact not very happy about. Another thing we don't get; sure, make a turkey, but almost all Americans seem to complain that it's always dry and tastes like poop. (??) Here we make Christmas turkey, but it's so juicy and heavenly, I always ask why we wait for Christmas to make one? We could make it a Sunday thing.

Anyway, I hope you'll have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Pretty sure the L is mine. That’s fine I’ll take it. Believe it or not, I’m one of the nicest guys here, and despite some flames shot in your direction, I’ve tried the high road a few times. The problem is you seem to have your heels dug in very deep. The things you keep repeating are biased, and non scientific. This is a site which was built to disprove every fallacy you’ve spoken. Show me measurements where IN DIRECT MODE, the Yamaha has a rise in the midbass range to make it “sound” that way, or a denon FR that’s scooped out making it sound thin. As said, modern AVR’s are ruler flat so what you say doesn’t make sense.
You talked about useless audyssey modes like Deq. What about the 24 useless yamaha dsp modes? Concert, hall, adventure etc...

And this is a serious question. Not a flame.
Do you honestly believe that the systems you’ve shown that cite 3500w and 10kilowatts are legit? Your answer will affirm your credibility. Again, have you noticed nobody echoing your point of view? Even the link you posted from avs is full of people saying the same things we are here.
And your review of the 2300 was VERY positive btw.
I’d like you to actually answer my questions and not just say I’m trolling you.
Man, you have nerves of steel. I'm glad to see it. (But my guess is that L is lovinthehd).

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You do know I'm just jacking around huh? all in fun bro. With that said, Gene the owner of AH, has many articles of Theory and Application of amps and AVR gear. I Suggest you check out Bruno's article on "feedback" But really bro, Denon gear is really good gear like I've stated before with All things set equal, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha and I'm just using those 3 as examples, if you did a Double blind test you wouldn't be able to tell which AVR was playing there would be Absolutely no difference in the sound quality. That Only comes into play when, tone controls are used or DSP is used or "Extra bass" or in Yamahas case if one was to use the "Enhancer" feature, same on Denon or Onkyo I believe it's called "Optimizer" But Audyssey X32 is Superior to Yamahas, YPAO. As of now some members prefer Yamaha's PED EQ which in My opinion is superior. But as ADTG would say, that's the slant thing about audio very Subjective. The only reason I didn't buy that Denon 3600H wasn't because it runs hot, it is the best deal going for even at 899. It's a much better AVR to use in building a good setup than my Yamaha RX-V6A. That Denon 3600H has full pre-amp outs plus a much better Feature set. Enjoy your new Yamaha! I was throwing coals on a dumpster fire thread I got carried away with my BS. All in fun man. Happy Thanksgiving to you gobble gobble!
F#%k it, keep going. It ain't a train wreck proper til' it goes off da' tracks.:p

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Pretty sure the L is mine. That’s fine I’ll take it. Believe it or not, I’m one of the nicest guys here, and despite some flames shot in your direction, I’ve tried the high road a few times. The problem is you seem to have your heels dug in very deep. The things you keep repeating are biased, and non scientific. This is a site which was built to disprove every fallacy you’ve spoken. Show me measurements where IN DIRECT MODE, the Yamaha has a rise in the midbass range to make it “sound” that way, or a denon FR that’s scooped out making it sound thin. As said, modern AVR’s are ruler flat so what you say doesn’t make sense.
You talked about useless audyssey modes like Deq. What about the 24 useless yamaha dsp modes? Concert, hall, adventure etc...

And this is a serious question. Not a flame.
Do you honestly believe that the systems you’ve shown that cite 3500w and 10kilowatts are legit? Your answer will affirm your credibility. Again, have you noticed nobody echoing your point of view? Even the link you posted from avs is full of people saying the same things we are here.
And your review of the 2300 was VERY positive btw.
I’d like you to actually answer my questions and not just say I’m trolling you.
First of all, let me ask you one simple question? Have you heard any of the Denon X series side by side to a comparable Yamaha Aventage?

If your answer is no, then don't comment. You're wasting your energy dear. Your ears will tell you what sounds good or what isn't good.

Measurements aren't the only factor in the sound, you make it sound like those measurements are the only key picking up a good sounding reciever which is completely wrong.

You make it sound like measurements is the end of the world for sound which is completely wrong.

Yamaha, is very well known brand for not just consumer audio, it has been making PA (Public Anouncement) systems , active bookshelf speakers etc for quite a long time. They've been the King in the Audio world. They have made quite a lot of professional music instruments.

Every event I've been to, be it an anniversary, party or a wedding, i've seen yamaha quite a lot. They excel in Audio and are all rounder more experienced in audio.

Whereas your Denon, nothing much, they can't even make their own quality speakers. Only thing Denon owners brag about how audyssey is, how to optimize the bad processing in Denon recievers etc. Meh

An EQ won't fix an already fuked up sound of the Denon.

As someone said here, having better DAC and room correction with better amps will make a much greater difference.

Do you know why people love their old stereos as opposed to Denons, because they don't have a lot of fuked up processing going on them inside.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
They are very ill-informed and very rude! Why is this combination so prevalent?

Thank you for your whishes. I'm from a part of the world where thanksgiving is just some cryptic Yank thing where they seem to pat themselves on the back about somthing the other side is in fact not very happy about. Another thing we don't get; sure, make a turkey, but almost all Americans seem to complain that it's always dry and tastes like poop. (??) Here we make Christmas turkey, but it's so juicy and heavenly, I always ask why we wait for Christmas to make one? We could make it a Sunday thing.

Anyway, I hope you'll have a lovely Thanksgiving.
This is interesting to see from outside the US. I’ve often heard things like this. Thank you! For me, I wish there could be a turkey that was all dark meat. Mmmmmm I don’t know how many people can’t make a turkey but you are right.
Happy thanksgiving! I think?!?!?! Lol

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
In other news, I swear I saw the OP at the hospital the other day. They brought in the rape unit. Said he'd been violated. I knew why and I got the hell outta' there. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
First of all, let me ask you one simple question? Have you heard any of the Denon X series side by side to a comparable Yamaha Aventage?

If your answer is no, then don't comment. You're wasting your energy dear. Your ears will tell you what sounds good or what isn't good.

Measurements aren't the only factor in the sound, you make it sound like those measurements are the only key picking up a good sounding reciever which is completely wrong.

You make it sound like measurements is the end of the world of sound which is completely wrong.

Yamaha, is very well known brand for not just consumer audio, it has been making PA (Public Anouncement) systems , active bookshelf speakers etc for quite a long time. They've been the King in the Audio world. They have made quite a lot of professional music instruments.

Every event I've been to, be it an anniversary, party or a wedding, i've seen yamaha quite a lot. They excel in Audio and are all rounder more experienced in audio.

Whereas your Denon, nothing much, they can't even make their own quality speakers. Only thing Denon owners brag about how audyssey is, how to optimize the bad processing in Denon recievers etc. Meh

An EQ won't fix an already fuked up sound of the Denon.

As someone said here, having better DAC and room correction with better amps will make a much greater difference.

Do you know why people love their old stereos as opposed to Denons, because they don't have a lot of fuked up processing going on them inside.

Thanks. Figured that’s how you’d reply.
I was gonna ask for the ban hammer on you, but the shovel you wield is plenty.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Man, you have nerves of steel. I'm glad to see it. (But my guess is that L is lovinthehd).
YeH, your probably right. “L”
I appreciate the words. Three kids will learn ya to keep your resolve. Mostly...Lol

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Thanks. Figured that’s how you’d reply.
I was gonna ask for the ban hammer on you, but the shovel you wield is plenty.
You didn't even answer my question. I guess your one of those who just look at the measurements and then blindly buy it without even testing them.

I've actualljy been in a well treated room and heard the Denon X4000 series paired to taga harmony, they were completely harsh on highs. It was like a torture to my ears.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Any self respecting audiohol drinker is required to get placement and room treatments optimal first a.k.a vastly reduce reliance on room correction atrocities. Hence, if we set aside differences in room correction algorithms and compare ONLY FLAGSHIP receiver offerings from each brand: Yamaha, Marantz, Denon & Pioneer Elite.....

FOR MUSIC

Yamaha (RX-A3080) DAC implementation & preamp section >>>> the rest

This DAC/preamp implementation may legitimately be the sonic superiority that some folks tend to hear, a.k.a, credit the Yamaha for. We are not talking night/day differences, but, the Yam is better. I have now done level matched tests with all these 4 brands now with a handful of very revealing speakers in a almost perfect room. They were all fed the same files from the same NAS.

I don't trust my ears too much, but, my other test subjects were 3 professional musicians (2 gals and i dude) with very good ears that i have easy access to. They tended to pick the Yam. I tend to trust a musician's ears on my test tracks way more than i trust a hifi junkie's ears.

None of the new 8k receivers were used.

Personally, i find that Yamaha MusicCast software is >>>> annoying pissass Denon/Marantz HEOS, Pioneer sht, etc

If we're talking 2 channel amps, it is a completely different beast and can be all over the place with these brands...Personally, i preferred the sound of the Denon PMA-SX11 (not for sale in the USofA) to the Yamaha A-S2100 or the Marantz Ruby, for instance. So, i'm not a hopeless Yamaha fanboi.
You're right about the DAC implementation, you nailed it.

Unfortunately these die hard Denon fans won't get it, and they would never cause they got their Denons on sale and that to them justifies their purchase.

You will hardly see a Yamaha on sale.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You didn't even answer my question. I guess your one of those who just look at the measurements and then blindly buy it without even testing them.

I've actualljy been in a well treated room and heard the Denon X4000 series paired to taga harmony, they were completely harsh on highs. It was like a torture to my ears.

I’m not the one carrying on about conjectures. I’ve forgotten more about audio than you’ll ever know, and I don’t have to prove anything to you. You may not have noticed, but you are on an island by yourself.
So I’ll take it that no answer means you do believe the 3500 and 10k watt ratings from cheap garbage. Ok good. Another notch for you credibility.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Sachb, that s#%t may work for some, but I believe WL is happily married and you are barking up the wrong tree big time!;) Now, see that nice lady over there in the white coat. She has some questions for you. Say, you look a little chilly. Let those guys standing next to her warm you up in that cool jacket. Yeah, that's it, slip it on. Aren't those straps and buckles neat? Now, how 'bout goin' for a little ride. You like rides.;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You're right about the DAC implementation, you nailed it.

Unfortunately these die hard Denon fans won't get it, and they would never cause they got their Denons on sale and that to them justifies their purchase.

You will hardly see a Yamaha on sale.

Btw, nobody here is saying Yamahas are bad. Only you barfing on about anything NOT Yamaha.
So why are you he here? Yamaha social justice warrior?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Sachb, that s#%t may work for some, but I believe WL is happily married and you are barking up the wrong tree big time!;) Now, see that nice lady over there in the white coat. She has some questions for you. Say, you look a little chilly. Let those guys standing next to her warm you up in that cool jacket. Yeah, that's it, slip it on. Aren't those straps and buckles neat? Now, how 'bout goin' for a little ride. You like rides.;)
This is perfect!

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Btw, nobody here is saying Yamahas are bad. Only you barfing on about anything NOT Yamaha.
So why are you he here? Yamaha social justice warrior?
You've been throwing your audyssey on others face about the XT32, and how its miles better than ypao.

What on earth are you drinking? For the last time I'll ask you,have you borrowed any of the yanaha gear and compared to your nice little denon side by side.

I have had both the Denon and now the Yamaha, in the SAME ROOM, with SAME CABLES, SAME SPEAKERS.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
He does have a point, & I might get criticized for it.

Yamaha does have an Advantage over other brands:

1) No 1 in reliability
2) They verify their HDMI for HDCP compatibility.
3) Yamaha is a brand which has in house production, i.e they don't outsource their parts unlike Denon, so quality is much better.
4) Yamaha has less of that nonsense that audyssey has, including dynamic volume, dynamic eq.

Don’t forget about the 5th audiophile foot underneath some models.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis