Denon or Onkyo or ???

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Now you have me laughing! F#%kin’ Gmoney!:D That’s good s#%t right there.:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well that 215wpc could be at 4 ohm (maybe even 2 or 3 ohm) with like 10% thd at 1khz one ch driven.....maybe. But from there to 10,000 is just funny.

Last edited:
Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
This is really ridiculous now, it’s just a receiver. Get the one you’re comfortable with. They all do things differently and after auto eq sound completely different. You may like that or not. Also we need to help people understand how to say things the right way.

Yamaha aventage not advantage. It’s hard to take someone seriously talking about a product when they continually make this mistake.

Also every avr has issues, none are perfect. Even high end products have flaws. Denon and marantz are fine if you like the way they sound and how they work.

Making fun of what people like or dislike never gets us anywhere. I learned that when I went up to my best friend and said, “damn I hope she’s really nice to you, cause she sure is ugly.” Then I made it worse trying to be funny saying, “ she’s so gross I wouldn’teven f*ck her with your **ck!”

hahaha. Oh well

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
This is really ridiculous now, it’s just a receiver. Get the one you’re comfortable with. They all do things differently and after auto eq sound completely different. You may like that or not. Also we need to help people understand how to say things the right way.

Yamaha aventage not advantage. It’s hard to take someone seriously talking about a product when they continually make this mistake.

Also every avr has issues, none are perfect. Even high end products have flaws. Denon and marantz are fine if you like the way they sound and how they work.

Making fun of what peoples likes or dislikes never gets us anywhere. I learned that when I went up to my best friend and said, “damn I hope she’s really nice to you, cause she sure is ugly.” Then I made it worse trying to be funny saying, “ she’s so gross I wouldn’teven f*ck her with your **ck!”

hahaha. Oh well
"peoples" Plural or singular? "it's people's not "peoples". So yeah you did make it worse by taking out of context from other post on this thread. Many do that to take "Advantage" pu$$y! :p

Last edited:
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
This foum has quite a lot of bullys/trolls, I just ignore them usually. One with the letter "K" and another with the letter "L".

@PENG seemed to be one genuine person over here who actually responded well for one of my posts earlier where I was showing the pics of both the Yamaha RX2080 & the X4700H. His response was very interesting indeed.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Me too, my Denon(s) and Marantz(s) all have those infinity fans on top but there for added insurance only, none of them had shutdown before the fans were added. ADTG might have his Denon(s) placed in such ways that they didn't get the recommended natural cooling, but I am just guessing. Hopefully he will tell us more.

Just an aside, don't we all notice the Yamaha photos someone posted earlier revealed an obviously larger enclosure, more heat sink area, but sadly, made of stamped metal instead of Denon's seemingly smaller but much better real heat sinks? Denon's design is actually smarter, choosing fans over size and weight. They ran hotter than Yamaha's, likely due to higher bias current used for the sake of reduced crossover distortions, and the overall cost might be lower because of the reduced weight that should result in lower shipping costs, just one example..

If you compare the look of the transformers, Denon's are very well shielded with copper wraps to offset the one advantage that Toroidal transformers offer, i.e. lower magnetic flux leakage. The Yamaha's don't seem to have the same degree of shielding.

For real heat sinks, like Denon/Marantz's (higher models), one can look to the Yamaha MX-A5000:

This is not directly to you, and am not choosing side, just making some factual observations. Just a by the way kind of thing, instead of making a separate post, and since we both are D+M users.:)

View attachment 41998
This here seemed a lot more helpful than some trolls posting.

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
""what peoples" Plural or singular? "it's people's not "peoples". :p So yeah you did make it worse by taking out of context from other post on this thread. Many do that to take "Advantage" pu$$y! :p
Thanks for pointing that out, damn iPhone auto correct. People’s is actually possessive not plural. So you need to google these things before you respond. Person is singular and people is plural. Now please go back and fix the multiple times you said advantage. I lost track how many, also while you’re at it fix all your other mistakes. For example you need to remember how to use you’re, they’re, their, there, too and don’t forget proper spelling.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for pointing that out, damn iPhone auto correct. People’s is actually possessive not plural. So you need to google these things before you respond. Person is singular and people is plural. Now please go back and fix the multiple times you said advantage. I lost track how many, also while you’re at it fix all your other mistakes. For example you need to remember how to use you’re, they’re, their, there, too and don’t forget proper spelling.
. I put "Advantage" on purpose lolo. I own two Yamaha avr's but yeah it's aventage. Don't you forget your Example of Flaming doesn't help. Your post is nothing but context to take Advantage :p:cool: lmao
You know nothing Jon Snow! p$$sy! :p I use a iphone also, Where do I use the keyboard. So one in the same you and I huh? Dam typos!! Dam autocorrect!:mad: Now who's taking Advantage?:p

Last edited:
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
. I put "Advantage" on purpose lolo. I own two Yamaha avr's but yeah it's aventage. Don't you forget your Example of Flaming doesn't help. Your post is nothing but context to take Advantage :p:cool: lmao
He does have a point, & I might get criticized for it.

Yamaha does have an Advantage over other brands:

1) No 1 in reliability
2) They verify their HDMI for HDCP compatibility.
3) Yamaha is a brand which has in house production, i.e they don't outsource their parts unlike Denon, so quality is much better.
4) Yamaha has less of that nonsense that audyssey has, including dynamic volume, dynamic eq.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

1) No 1 in reliability
3) Yamaha is a brand which has in house production, i.e they don't outsource their parts unlike Denon, so quality is much better.
4) Yamaha has less of that nonsense that audyssey has, including dynamic volume, dynamic eq.

Andrew aka ADTG @AcuDefTechGuy was texting me yesterday it was his idea to post up "Advantage" :cool: Instead of Aventage. But yeah it's the internet after all lots of trolling goes on here. As for typos, I Rarely use the keyboard on my iphone plus with autocorrect and AH's autocorrect words get changed up. But than AH has a lot of internet "cowboys" that love to flame others. But yeah nothings wrong with saying Denon avr's suck that's Your prerogative! I get your points on Denon, they do run hot as hell. And many don't want to spend the extra expense of adding fans. Yamaha is the best most Reliable best sounding AVR's. Just buy Yamaha. :D

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Andrew aka ADTG @AcuDefTechGuy was texting me yesterday it was his idea to post up "Advantage" :cool: Instead of Aventage. But yeah it's the internet after all lots of trolling goes on here. As for typos, I Rarely use the keyboard on my iphone plus with autocorrect and AH's autocorrect words get changed up. But than AH has a lot of internet "cowboys" that love to flame others. But yeah nothings wrong with saying Denon avr's suck that's Your prerogative! I get your points on Denon, they do run hot as hell. And many don't want to spend the extra expense of adding fans. Yamaha is the best most Reliable best sounding AVR's. Just buy Yamaha. :D
No but look at audyssey settings, what a mess, I use to fiddle a lot for it sound good. For movie its different, for music its different.

Nothing of that nonsense on yamaha, you just change the dsp to either straight or surround decode and it sounds way better than what audyssey gives you.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

1) No 1 in reliability

Who has a point? about what? So what if you get Criticized for what? It's Silly little post from a bunch of A$$hats. Take that away than we wouldn't have as much fun and all of their Education will go to waste.

Last edited:
Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
You know nothing Jon Snow! p$$sy! :p I use a iphone also, Where do I use the keyboard. So one in the same you and I huh? Dam typos!! Dam autocorrect!:mad: Now who's taking Advantage?:p
Thanks for fixing or editing a few of your mistakes. Makes it a little easier to understand, but you still have many more to correct.

Obviously I upset you by belittling your intelligence, kinda what you’ve been doing to others in this thread. Advantage was clearly written numerous times even when it wasn’t a play on words. Let’s help others instead of making them feel stupid.

Not sure why you keep saying p$$sy either.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
No but look at audyssey settings, what a mess, I use to fiddle a lot for it sound good. For movie its different, for music its different.

Nothing of that nonsense on yamaha, you just change the dsp to either straight or surround decode and it sounds way better than what audyssey gives you.

Oh I agree most of if not all of these fanboys of audyssey thats all they talk about most of the time. You'll see they won't talk about how it sounds they go on and on about audyssey this audyssey that it's sooo fanboys Tastic! They post up Graph after graphs! :rolleyes: They love sucking on the each other's nutsacks! Yep Yamaha sounds way better than my old Onkyo did can't say about Denon cause I've never owned one to do a side by side in my home.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for fixing or editing a few of your mistakes. Makes it a little easier to understand, but you still have many more to correct.

Obviously I upset you by belittling your intelligence, kinda what you’ve been doing to others in this thread. Advantage was clearly written numerous times even when it wasn’t a play on words. Let’s help others instead of making them feel stupid.

Not sure why you keep saying p$$sy either.
So you need to be validated, feeling better about yourself now, f..koff. TROLL! :p

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
EDIT: You can call me a "Clown," or a "kid" but I don't want others to think how immature you're.
So, illiterate as well? Care to explain the meaning of this "sentence"? All I can say is, don't worry, they won't.

As one interesting movie character once said; stupidity is not cured by learning. You hijacked the OP's thread with 15 pages of such a steaming pile of horse manure the likes of which are admirable even in the BS audio community, making it harder for the OP to get a solid, straight answer, all because of some hurt little feelings you confused for gear review.

Providing answers to you proved a tragic waste of time, hence 15 pages, and don't flatter yourself with these ideas of "only needing answers" and "actual responds". You've been given a huge amount of reasonable answers, correct and precise data, trusted measurements and so on. You ended up demonstrating you believe this:
1606383245200.png

And that's after even the one response you pointed out as positive, and I regret the time it took for that one as well. You shouldn't blame others for your inability to learn and understand. Your learning is not their responsibility. I know millennials love to poise it that way, but that's not true. Finding excuse for not understanding what is being told to you in the fact that I called you a kid, is silly. You didn't understand anything even before I called you a kid. If you could read better you'd see I didn't call you a clown (not that I'm making excuse for myself, I'd call you far, far worse things than that), for the sake of accuracy, I said "citing clowns". And calling someone "kid" is not really name calling, but if it bothers you, you can stop acting like one.

This is also not a first thread in which you ride. ;) Or drift, since you prefer it that way. So we can safely say it has been pages and pages and pages of various members giving you all sorts of answers and a decent amount of their time.

Where's the learning? Where's the benefit of all those answers? Where's the adult (BTW it's not in capital letter, I think you refer to a genre, perhaps?) you mention, who shares his opinion? So, why should one bother? It seems to be useless.

You haven't moved an inch from your place and it's not a brightest place. You ended up in some unnecessary, bordering with racial, slurs on Chinese in comparison to Malaysian people and saying "3500W on a heap of garbage plastic, sure, I believe that". (!?!?)

And you want to give advice and find yourself offended? My one post said far fewer bad things about you than did your shiniest ones.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis