Denon or Onkyo or ???

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
So, illiterate as well? Care to explain the meaning of this "sentence"? All I can say is, don't worry, they won't.

As one interesting movie character once said; stupidity is not cured by learning. You hijacked the OP's thread with 15 pages of such a steaming pile of horse manure the likes of which are admirable even in the BS audio community, making it harder for the OP to get a solid, straight answer, all because of some hurt little feelings you confused for gear review.

Providing answers to you proved a tragic waste of time, hence 15 pages, and don't flatter yourself with these ideas of "only needing answers" and "actual responds". You've been given a huge amount of reasonable answers, correct and precise data, trusted measurements and so on. You ended up demonstrating you believe this:
View attachment 42031

And that's after even the one response you pointed out as positive, and I regret the time it took for that one as well. You shouldn't blame others for your inability to learn and understand. Your learning is not their responsibility. I know millennials love to poise it that way, but that's not true. Finding excuse for not understanding what is being told to you in the fact that I called you a kid, is silly. You didn't understand anything even before I called you a kid. If you could read better you'd see I didn't call you a clown (not that I'm making excuse for myself, I'd call you far, far worse things than that), for the sake of accuracy, I said "citing clowns". And calling someone "kid" is not really name calling, but if it bothers you, you can stop acting like one.

This is also not a first thread in which you ride. ;) Or drift, since you prefer it that way. So we can safely say it has been pages and pages and pages of various members giving you all sorts of answers and a decent amount of their time.

Where's the learning? Where's the benefit of all those answers? Where's the adult (BTW it's not in capital letter, I think you refer to a genre, perhaps?) you mention, who shares his opinion? So, why should one bother? It seems to be useless.

You haven't moved an inch from your place and it's not a brightest place. You ended up in some unnecessary, bordering with racial, slurs on Chinese in comparison to Malaysian people and saying "3500W on a heap of garbage plastic, sure, I believe that". (!?!?)

And you want to give advice and find yourself offended? My one post said far fewer bad things about you than did your shiniest ones.
This troll is back..

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Let’s help others instead of making them feel stupid
Oh get off your high horse! You didn't mean you, I hope? You've been riding in Sachb's shadow unloading a respectable pile yourself and you've been called upon it, and you came short. So now you think you'd compensate for the lack of knowledge by picking up a member and making him feel bad about his writing. What are you, a classic case of bully? Do you have a powerful urge to feel superior and will at any cost find someone to demonstrate that?

Gmoney's greatest Adventage is spelling Aventage as Adventage. What's yours?

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Ha, ha. Very funny.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not the biggest Yamaha fan. I think that honor goes to both 3dB and M Code, who were the 2 that probably pushed me from DM to Y. :D

But the biggest push was from my experience with DM & especially Panurgy over the last 10 years.

And in case anyone is wondering, for full disclosure, I sell both Yamaha and Denon/Marantz. The heart wants what the heart wants. So it makes absolutely no difference to me what people buy. But I know what I want for myself and for my family.

So if some people want to hate Yamaha, they can do that all they want.

And the people who buy Yamaha know exactly why we want Yamaha. :D

I've say this before many times, I will say this again, and will probably say many more times in the future - I am not a fanboy of any brand. Whichever companies offer me the best reliability, functionality, price, and especially SERVICE, I will support and recommend those companies. ;)
IT IS I...I AM THE YAMAHA BIG BOSS'S TOP HITMAN. FEAR ME.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
These posts are f#%kin’ gold! Thank you all! Oh, and the possessive for a single group of people is people’s. The possessive for all kinds or a group of peoples is peoples’. Always use an and not a before a vowel. So, it’s an iPhone, not a iPhone. It’s is a contraction for it is. Its is the possessive and you are ALL trolls, bullies and p#%sies and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Gobble, gobble, gobble!:D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Top of the Morning fellow AH members! Happy Thanksgiving gobble gobble! :)

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
IT IS I...I AM THE YAMAHA BIG BOSS'S TOP HITMAN. FEAR ME.
AFTER I INFILTRATE YOUR HOUSES UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS, I LAY WASTE TO YOUR DENON/MARANTZ/ONKYO (PIECES OF SHT) WITH EMP WEAPONS. YOU WILL KNOW THAT IT IS I, YAMAHA'S CHIEF DEMON PRINCE OF DARKNESS WHO CAUSED THIS CARNAGE BECAUSE I ALWAYS LEAVE THIS EFFIGY ON TOP OF THE DEAD REMAINS OF YOUR DENON/MARANTZ/ONKYO (PIECES OF SHT).

SAY MY NAME LOUD (YAMAHA...MAHAMAHAMAHA)
FEAR ME.
20201126_061721.jpg

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Oh get off your high horse! You didn't mean you, I hope? You've been riding in Sachb's shadow unloading a respectable pile yourself and you've been called upon it, and you came short. So now you think you'd compensate for the lack of knowledge by picking up a member and making him feel bad about his writing. What are you, a classic case of bully? Do you have a powerful urge to feel superior and will at any cost find someone to demonstrate that?

Gmoney's greatest Adventage is spelling Aventage as Adventage. What's yours?
lolo dozzer, Nothing seems to work I tried being logical with them two, or is it "to" "too" or twos? Anyways Happy Thanksgiving bro!

Last edited:
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
lolo dozzer, Nothing seems to work I tried being logical with them two, or is it "to" "too" or twos? Anyways Happy Thanksgiving bro!
"Those two" is right..or just "them" without mentioning the quantitative info into the sentence.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
"Those two" is right..or just "them" without mentioning the quantitative info into the sentence.

Are Yous sure? Isn't twos more than 3 in a Circle? Cause down here in Cajun country we can mean a whole bunch of peoples, but not knowing how us Cajun coonass's really talk or what we really mean when we say, look! over there! Dem two's be done step in a Paula sh$t! That's that and dem twos dunn stepped in a Pile of sh$t and Dey be stinks da whole place up! Now Dat some Cajun gravy I dunn puts all over ya! Who Dat! :p

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Are Yous sure? Isn't twos more than 3 in a Circle? Cause down here in Cajun country we can mean a whole bunch of peoples, but not knowing how us Cajun coonass's really talk or what we really mean when we say, look! over there! Dem two's be done step in a Paula sh$t! That's that and dem twos dunn stepped in a Pile of sh$t and Dey be stinks da whole place up! Now Dat some Cajun gravy I dunn puts all over ya! Who Dat! :p
We can use "three of them", "four of them", "five of them" to refer to that exact no of people.

"Twos" could be used in a sentence when you're grouping "two people", For example, "Please form groups of twos".
"Please form groups of 3s" and so on and so forth.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
We can use "three of them", "four of them", "five of them" to refer to that exact no of people.

"Twos" could be used in a sentence when you're grouping "two people", For example, "Please form a group of twos".
"Please form a group of 3s" and so on and so forth.

I give up! :rolleyes: You gotta come down to South Louisiana I'll take you crawfishing. Down here in the Swamps we gotta saying, If you take someone with yous lol and they don't understand the Cajun way use them as bait just throw them overboard.:p Here's a pic of me so when we meet up you'll know it's me when you see me! Gobble gobble!:p
626AC595-3FD6-40B8-BED4-D02570E022F0.gif

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
AFTER I INFILTRATE YOUR HOUSES UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS, I LAY WASTE TO YOUR DENON/MARANTZ/ONKYO (PIECES OF SHT) WITH EMP WEAPONS. YOU WILL KNOW THAT IT IS I, YAMAHA'S CHIEF DEMON PRINCE OF DARKNESS WHO CAUSED THIS CARNAGE BECAUSE I ALWAYS LEAVE THIS EFFIGY ON TOP OF THE DEAD REMAINS OF YOUR DENON/MARANTZ/ONKYO (PIECES OF SHT).

FEAR ME.
View attachment 42032
Please take my Denon X2300W too in exchange for an Egg. It's laying around in the closet accumulating dust.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I give up! :rolleyes: You gotta come down to South Louisiana I'll take you crawfishing. Down here in the Swamps we gotta saying, If you take someone with yous lol and they don't understand the Cajun way use them as bait just throw them overboard.:p Here's a pic of me so when we meet up you'll know it's me when you see me! Gobble gobble!:p
View attachment 42036
Teach me cajun, btw I like Cajun fries from popeyes.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I am in need of a replacement for my Onkyo Sr606 12 yrs old. I was interested in the new Yamaha (especially the Costco clone) until I read about the HDMI board issues most likely requiring a physical replacement. I am considering Onkyo TX-NR696 and a Denon X2600H soon to be on sale at BestBuy. I know these are 2019 versions without 8K. What do you advise. These 2 along with the Yamaha V6A are similar price points (except for the rebadged TSR-700). I’m interested in what would be a good direction to go. Thanks a lot.
What have you decided on? HDMI issues are an Onkyo thing but it could prevail on other brands too.

Best way to actually buy a gear is to listen to them and play around with the settings.

I can assure you one thing on Yamaha, that they're built like tanks, with high quality metal fronts, unlike my previous Denon was mostly plastic but also sounded worse than my htib Sonys.

Also, one thing to note in general is audyssey isn't what people are claiming it to be, its mostly hit & miss. Either it works or it completely fails.

If you don't like fiddling with the remote while watching a movie then I would definately suggest you to stay away from Denon.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Teach me cajun, btw I like Cajun fries from popeyes.

You do know I'm just jacking around huh? all in fun bro. With that said, Gene the owner of AH, has many articles of Theory and Application of amps and AVR gear. I Suggest you check out Bruno's article on "feedback" But really bro, Denon gear is really good gear like I've stated before with All things set equal, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha and I'm just using those 3 as examples, if you did a Double blind test you wouldn't be able to tell which AVR was playing there would be Absolutely no difference in the sound quality. That Only comes into play when, tone controls are used or DSP is used or "Extra bass" or in Yamahas case if one was to use the "Enhancer" feature, same on Denon or Onkyo I believe it's called "Optimizer" But Audyssey X32 is Superior to Yamahas, YPAO. As of now some members prefer Yamaha's PED EQ which in My opinion is superior. But as ADTG would say, that's the slant thing about audio very Subjective. The only reason I didn't buy that Denon 3600H wasn't because it runs hot, it is the best deal going for even at 899. It's a much better AVR to use in building a good setup than my Yamaha RX-V6A. That Denon 3600H has full pre-amp outs plus a much better Feature set. Enjoy your new Yamaha! I was throwing coals on a dumpster fire thread I got carried away with my BS. All in fun man. Happy Thanksgiving to you gobble gobble!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja

FEAR ME.
View attachment 42032
Yeah, whatever. I’ll give you real money if you can pronounce the L ‘s in lullaby. :D

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
You do know I'm just jacking around huh? all in fun bro. With that said, Gene the owner of AH, has many articles of Theory and Application of amps and AVR gear. I Suggest you check out Bruno's article on "feedback" But really bro, Denon gear is really good gear like I've stated before with All things set equal, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha and I'm just using those 3 as examples, if you did a Double blind test you wouldn't be able to tell which AVR was playing there would be Absolutely no difference in the sound quality. That Only comes into play when, tone controls are used or DSP is used or "Extra bass" or in Yamahas case if one was to use the "Enhancer" feature, same on Denon or Onkyo I believe it's called "Optimizer" But Audyssey X32 is Superior to Yamahas, YPAO. As of now some members prefer Yamaha's PED EQ which in My opinion is superior. But as ADTG would say, that's the slant thing about audio very Subjective. The only reason I didn't buy that Denon 3600H wasn't because it runs hot, it is the best deal going for even at 899. It's a much better AVR to use in building a good setup than my Yamaha RX-V6A. That Denon 3600H has full pre-amp outs plus a much better Feature set. Enjoy your new Yamaha! I was throwing coals on a dumpster fire thread I got carried away with my BS. All in fun man. Happy Thanksgiving to you gobble gobble!
Any self respecting audiohol drinker is required to get placement and room treatments optimal first a.k.a vastly reduce reliance on room correction atrocities. Hence, if we set aside differences in room correction algorithms and compare ONLY FLAGSHIP receiver offerings from each brand: Yamaha, Marantz, Denon & Pioneer Elite.....

FOR MUSIC

Yamaha (RX-A3080) DAC implementation & preamp section >>>> the rest

This DAC/preamp implementation may legitimately be the sonic superiority that some folks tend to hear, a.k.a, credit the Yamaha for. We are not talking night/day differences, but, the Yam is better. I have now done level matched tests with all these 4 brands now with a handful of very revealing speakers in a almost perfect room. They were all fed the same files from the same NAS.

I don't trust my ears too much, but, my other test subjects were 3 professional musicians (2 gals and i dude) with very good ears that i have easy access to. They tended to pick the Yam. I tend to trust a musician's ears on my test tracks way more than i trust a hifi junkie's ears.

None of the new 8k receivers were used.

Personally, i find that Yamaha MusicCast software is >>>> annoying pissass Denon/Marantz HEOS, Pioneer sht, etc

If we're talking 2 channel amps, it is a completely different beast and can be all over the place with these brands...Personally, i preferred the sound of the Denon PMA-SX11 (not for sale in the USofA) to the Yamaha A-S2100 or the Marantz Ruby, for instance. So, i'm not a hopeless Yamaha fanboi.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I never use direct mode with the Denon 4700 (Pure). It sounds weak in comparison to Audyssey Reference. Does anyone here use it as the main listening mode?
I use the "FLAT" mode as am 8 feet from the front speakers. Or small room. But, I have tried the "Reference Mode". Personally, I can't tell the difference in the 2.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This foum has quite a lot of bullys/trolls, I just ignore them usually. One with the letter "K" and another with the letter "L".

Pretty sure the L is mine. That’s fine I’ll take it. Believe it or not, I’m one of the nicest guys here, and despite some flames shot in your direction, I’ve tried the high road a few times. The problem is you seem to have your heels dug in very deep. The things you keep repeating are biased, and non scientific. This is a site which was built to disprove every fallacy you’ve spoken. Show me measurements where IN DIRECT MODE, the Yamaha has a rise in the midbass range to make it “sound” that way, or a denon FR that’s scooped out making it sound thin. As said, modern AVR’s are ruler flat so what you say doesn’t make sense.
You talked about useless audyssey modes like Deq. What about the 24 useless yamaha dsp modes? Concert, hall, adventure etc...

And this is a serious question. Not a flame.
Do you honestly believe that the systems you’ve shown that cite 3500w and 10kilowatts are legit? Your answer will affirm your credibility. Again, have you noticed nobody echoing your point of view? Even the link you posted from avs is full of people saying the same things we are here.
And your review of the 2300 was VERY positive btw.
I’d like you to actually answer my questions and not just say I’m trolling you.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I too, ignore those posters that appear not to bright. Or not altogether. O, forgot, I LOVE my 4 year old Denon AVR. Am I on topic???

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis