Denon/Marantz vs Yamaha vs Anthem Thread

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
@AcuDefTechGuy , this friendly family thread apparently has evolved into a shapeshifting family thread! May be you should update the thread title...so newcomer viewers know what to expect..

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Vs, or versus, latin word meaning "against". The thread was doomed from the get go.:D Perhaps if it had read "Denon/Marantz, Yamaha and Anthem: A Friendly Comparison," things may have turned out differently. Everybody has their favorite brand and within each brand there are different models for different tastes, needs and budget. Did I mention how great you all look today?;)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hey, I’m rooting for everybody but rooting for Yamaha right now after struggling with not one but two of their new models is like being at a track meet and continuing to cheer for the poor guy that keeps falling down hurdle, after hurdle, after hurdle... you just hope he keeps getting back up and manages to crawl across the finish line. Say, did you all change for dinner? “You look marvelous!”:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, I’m rooting for everybody but rooting for Yamaha right now after struggling with not one but two of their new models is like being at a track meet and continuing to cheer for the poor guy that keeps falling down hurdle, after hurdle, after hurdle... you just hope he keeps getting back up and manages to crawl across the finish line. Say, did you all change for dinner? “You look marvelous!”:D
I admit the 8K/HDMI 2.1 issue has been embarrassing.

We’ve already heard MCode say Yamaha is making one more big batch of the RX-A3080, but maybe they should just make enough batches of RX-A3080, RX-A2080, and RX-A1080 for the entire 2021 year. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sounds unlimited is already saying they tested out and are saying all's good now. They already passing the buck on the 2.1 issue. Again though my Yamaha RX-V6A is doing Marvelous!! :D really it is.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I will be going back to Anthem with the AMV 70. My first Pre/Pro was the AVM30, then AVM50. It's priced more competitively, never had issues with sound quality I prefer ARC for room correction, and love the look. That being said, I will not be an early adopter, I am going to wait and see how reliable they are. Hopefully Anthem got past their early receiver days with issues.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I admit the 8K/HDMI 2.1 issue has been embarrassing.

We’ve already heard MCode say Yamaha is making one more big batch of the RX-A3080, but maybe they should just make enough batches of RX-A3080, RX-A2080, and RX-A1080 for the entire 2021 year. :D
The newer models seems to be more compact then their 2018 ones, but Yamaha is given up on analog inputs for those who still use their legacy devices.

Another thing is, now we won't have any buttons in front panel.

I was lucky enough to get the RX-A1080(Brand New), salesperson told me that, this was the last one in their stock. They had this one piece, and I bought it. :)

I was also thinking of buying the Denon X3600H, but then looking at amazon reviews made me change my mind.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Don't tell me the new one also has some problems?

Theetjuh

Theetjuh

Enthusiast
From what I read the 4K @ 120Hz issue is only with Xbox Series X/S, no issues with PlayStation 5 or Nvidia cards.

The issue is because the Xbox uses a compressed stream, the PS5 and nVidia cards don’t.
Vincent Teoh explains it quite well:

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The newer models seems to be more compact then their 2018 ones, but Yamaha is given up on analog inputs for those who still use their legacy devices.

Another thing is, now we won't have any buttons in front panel.

I was lucky enough to get the RX-A1080(Brand New), salesperson told me that, this was the last one in their stock. They had this one piece, and I bought it. :)

I was also thinking of buying the Denon X3600H, but then looking at amazon reviews made me change my mind.

I don’t mind getting rid of old inputs. :D

I think they still kept a few legacy inputs.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I don’t mind getting rid of old inputs. :D

I think they still kept a few legacy inputs.

The current V6A doesn't have analog as far as I know.

I think they got rid of the input selector too

What if your remote stops working suddenly & and you need to change the input to something else?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis