Denon AVR 4500 or 6500

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
He still hasn't told us what he has available to him... lol.

C

Cloud Strife

Enthusiast
He still hasn't told us what he has available to him... lol.
Polk, Klipsch, Taga, Pioneer, Kef, Fluance, SVS, Yamaha, Bose

Those are the main brands available I guess

And I am still wondering why throughout the thread you guys have been recommending SVS and suddenly you are looking for those brands that are not available here!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Polk, Klipsch, Taga, Pioneer, Kef, Fluance, SVS, Yamaha, Bose

Those are the main brands available I guess

And I am still wondering why throughout the thread you guys have been recommending SVS and suddenly you are looking for those brands that are not available here!
I’d say the reason for that is, SVS is different in the US(afaik) in that you have the free trial period and then I’ll of rights etc. I don’t know how that extends to other places. If it’s the same, that’s awesome. But the thing is, even here, SVS has some real competition especially when you consider that all that free two way shipping and BOR and first rate CS are built in to the price. Other companies make subs that will compete, but they cost less. They also don’t necessarily have all perks that SVS customers get. Like the trade in program as well. They know that once you’re in the ecosystem, they’re aren’t many reasons to leave. Smart. The point is though, you have to ask for yourself what you value most. As far as the ones you mentioned, SVS is the only one I would consider.
Back to the original post as well, iirc the recommendation was to get a denon 3600 and NOT do 7ch bed. And add a pc2000. The pb2k will function the same but the PC has a smaller footprint, but is much taller.

C

Cloud Strife

Enthusiast
To close this topic

Thank you all for your valuable inputs and sharing your expertise, I have learnt alot :)

The following is what I went for:

As most recommended, I kept it 5.1 instead of 7.1 but added the .2 for Atmos

1. Got the Denon AVR-X4500H (couldn't resist but to get it lol)
2. Upgraded my surround speakers from QA 3010i to 3030i
3. Upgraded the subwoofer and got the PB-2000 (I got only 1 for now)
*Note: I really loved the PC-2000 pro but its huge, my wife would kill me lol
4. For ceiling speakers I got the Polk Rc80i (it was top 3 in most websites)
5. I got the quiet dual 80mm USB fan for AVR
6. Got a dedicated 4k blu ray player
7. Changed the speaker cables from G&BL 6363 to QED 79 classic strand (not sure if it would make a different, but thought, why not)

I should have all the above delivered and set up in two weeks time.

Thank you again!
Cheers

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
To close this topic

Thank you all for your valuable inputs and sharing your expertise, I have learnt alot :)

7. Changed the speaker cables from G&BL 6363 to QED 79 classic strand (not sure if it would make a different, but thought, why not)

Thank you again!
Cheers
Good job, and congrats! Lots of people came here to ask questions but would only listen to what they wanted to hear as they had been indoctrinated by previous hearsay/myths spreading around on the internet and dealers reps already.:D Of course, some did listen, and/or open to change their minds.

You will definitely be impressed by the 4500. I switched from an ex-flag ship Marantz prepro and I have been impressed with the 4400. D, M, Y, A, N, O, P, and S all sound good as long as you get one with more power output than you need and avoid the entry level models, regardless of what receivers haters may tell you, but the D+M, especially the Ds have been confirmed by more than one benches that their audio specs could rival, often better than some integrated amps and even real separates.

In the end, it is the recording quality of the media contents, speakers and placement in room that will make a lot of difference, if you want to get the best possible sound quality with you new system those should be the real focus points.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
To close this topic

Thank you again!
Cheers
I'm excited for you. That's a pretty good list of gear!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Excellent! Look forward to your return.
Side note: In one of our rooms, I have a pair of Polk RC85i but they run the ceiling. I think you’ll like yours. For the price they’re really nice. And I’m really curious about how you like the new PB2k.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
In the end, it is the recording quality of the media contents, speakers and placement in room that will make a lot of difference, if you want to get the best possible sound quality with you new system those should be the real focus points.
Preach!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis