Denon AVR 4500 or 6500

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You guy asked where am I to recommend a sub, plz do let me know.

One more thing to add, with my current sub, I stil feel the house shaking when ba hits.

Do I have a totally wrong understanding of what a sub does?
Even in my dedicated theater room I can totally agree with everyone hear if you have good speak ers which it looks like you do and I'm happy with mine then the next step up is the subs

I already had 2 SVS PB 4000's in that room but had a midbass suck out going on in that room

When I added the RBH 1212PR in the back experimented with placement a bit dialed all 3 in to play well together the difference was night and day.

And all I did was add one more sub moved the 3 around a bit and then got them dialed it didn't increase the volume of the bass too much but dynamics sure we're better and no more midbass suck out in my favorite spot and response was better all over the room

The important note it made my whole system better sound a lot better and I didn't have to change a thing elsewhere

Luckily with a smaller room you don't have do buy a bunch of monsters like those you said your room size is 4meters by 4 am I correct?

The SVS PB 1000's since you like movies would be a good option there

I'm sure the fellas will have some other good ideas as well

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
SVS is available here, yes
Are there any other options? If not SVS is a safe bet outstanding customer service I can testify

In that room size 2 PB 1000's should do nicely

If you like a lot of headroom and big dynamics then the PC 2000 pro I highly recommend should have a small enough footprint to go in there and you would get your pants knocked off in that room size let me tell ya

But regardless dual PB 1000's will SMOKE that current sub you have just 1 of them will SMOKE it

Happy hunting hope you find what your looking for!

C

Cloud Strife

Enthusiast
a
That sub looks to me like more of a "lifestyle product". More for looks than performance. It has a 150 watt amp and a 200 mm driver, which isn't much. How big is your room?

I haven't looked up your speakers yet. The specs for that sub claim -6 dB at 35 hz, which means you're not really getting any sub frequencies. It's just not very powerful and it doesn't play very deep. You're missing a lot of bass. Especially for movies and any music with real deep bass. If we can get your room size, budget and where you're located so we can see what's available in your area we can offer some suggestions.
The area is 4 meters by 4 meters (open not sealed) I live in Dubai. Budget could be 500$ to 700$

Please let me know

C

Cloud Strife

Enthusiast
Are there any other options? If not SVS is a safe bet outstanding customer service I can testify

In that room size 2 PB 1000's should do nicely

If you like a lot of headroom and big dynamics then the PC 2000 pro I highly recommend should have a small enough footprint to go in there and you would get your pants knocked off in that room size let me tell ya

But regardless dual PB 1000's will SMOKE that current sub you have just 1 of them will SMOKE it

Happy hunting hope you find what your looking for!
Thanks alot Danzilla
But do I really need 2 subs knowing the room size!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
a

The area is 4 meters by 4 meters (open not sealed) I live in Dubai. Budget could be 500$ to 700$

Please let me know
You need to provide us with more information. What else is available to you besides SVS? What prices are you paying? $700 US will get you 1 PB2000, or a PC2000 here in the states. You might need 2 of those. I'm not sure of that tho, because we need to know how big the space is open to. If it's open a subwoofer is going to "see" more than 4m x 4m. What other brands can you get? What are the prices?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Hi all,

Need help please, I am a beginner

Currently I have a Denon 3500 matched with Q Aquistics 5.1 speakers 3050

I am planning to upgrade my receiver and would like to have a 7.1.2 setup (ceiling speakers for atmos). What is your recommendation, shall I go with the 6500 or 4500?

I know the difference is minimal between both and I understand 6500 is made in Japan but does it make a difference.

My room is a bit small 4 meters by 4 meters

Thanks in advance
Reading some the post, its a good thing you came to this forum. I don't mean to be mean, more like tough love, but you shouldn't buy any A/V gear without coming here first. It seems to me you have a lot of helicopter money to just throw away. Fortunately, from the post of been reading in response to your post, you are getting some good advice that you should follow.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks alot Danzilla
But do I really need 2 subs knowing the room size!
You don't need two to get the bass loud enough, but to have smoother bass response. In that sense, two PB1000 will likely perform better than one PB2000.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You don't need two to get the bass loud enough, but to have smoother bass response. In that sense, two PB1000 will likely perform better than one PB2000.
Exactly what PENG just said it's not a big room even if it's open to other areas 2 subs can be positioned better then 1 and give you a better more even response which makes a world of difference.

2 PB 1000 can be gotten for the price of 1 PB 2000 of PC 2000.

I love room sizes like yours you don't need super subs or hugely expensive gear or amps to get great sound in smaller rooms

BUT if you don't want to buy 2 right now then just buy the biggest baddest sub you can afford then you can always add on a 2nd one of that model later when you can afford it

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Exactly what PENG just said it's not a big room even if it's open to other areas 2 subs can be positioned better then 1 and give you a better more even response which makes a world of difference.

2 PB 1000 can be gotten for the price of 1 PB 2000 of PC 2000.

I love room sizes like yours you don't need super subs or hugely expensive gear or amps to get great sound in smaller rooms

BUT if you don't want to buy 2 right now then just buy the biggest baddest sub you can afford then you can always add on a 2nd one of that model later when you can afford it
Agreed, if you only want one, get the PB2000, or PC2000 if you don't mind the look of your water heater.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Agreed, if you only want one, get the PB2000, or PC2000 if you don't mind the look of your water heater.
Hah hah that was kind off harsh poor pc 2000. Fella gets so much hate Lol :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hah hah that was kind off harsh poor pc 2000. Fella gets so much hate Lol :D
I still have my original PC Ultra. I like it, but was asked once by a kid whether it was a water heater.., so what can I say?:D. He obviously didn't have his glasses on at the time.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I still have my original PC Ultra. I like it, but was asked once by a kid whether it was a water heater.., so what can I say?:D. He obviously didn't have his glasses on at the time.
2 of my subs are pc12pluses. People ask me all the time what they are. When I say subwoofers, they’re usually surprised, like what??? That’s weird...lol

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
The 3600 is more similar to the 4500, so build quality is better in terms of circuit board layout, heat sinks, and a slightly larger power supply. It has 9 amps build in and has 11 channel processing capability. If you are asking about sound quality, no, it won't make a difference for your need.
If you were thinking of purchasing the 3600, I would price match it against a 4500 refurb. When I bought my 4500 factory refurb. it was almost the same price as the 3600 and offered 20% more power.

C

Cloud Strife

Enthusiast
Lol you guys are crazy, this is my first time in this forum and I am loving it

Almost all brands can be found here in Dubai, so just hit me with your recommendations

the price of PB 2000 is 695$ (only 80$ more than PB 1000)
That's discounted price, what do you think?

There is also Polk HTS12

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Almost all brands can be found here in Dubai, so just hit me with your recommendations

There is also Polk HTS12
I would try out a PC2k or PC2k pro.
The Polk isn’t even in the same league.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

There is also Polk HTS12
Compared to the US choice in subs probably not so much :) We have choices such as Hsu Research, Rythmik, Power Sound Audio, JTR, Seaton and some others that are likely not available where you are. Easier for you to tell us what's available I think. I'd not get a Polk sub at all, nor Definitive Technology nor Klipsch myself....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

There is also Polk HTS12
I would recommend HSU Research then.

The VTF-2 MK5 might do the trick for you, but I'd strongly recommend 2 of them. I have a feeling they're not available to you. Nor Rythmik, nor RSL, nor Monoprice... those are some others we'd recommend. Like HD and I said, it'd be a lot easier if you just tell us what's available.

Right off the bat, I wouldn't even look at Polk for subwoofers. Definitive Technology- no. Kipsch sells like 2 subwoofers that are actually decent, but only if you get those specific models. All their other subs suck. In fact a lot of very good speaker manufacturers don't make very good subwoofers.

C

Cloud Strife

Enthusiast
As you guys said, non is available here lololol :D
Except for SVS and Monoprice.

But why you guys are not recommending SVS anymore!
In previousmsgs PB-1000 and PC-2000 pro were mentioned never the other brands lol

I thought maybe get the PB-2000 for now, then get another one later

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As you guys said, non is available here lololol :D
Except for SVS and Monoprice.

But why you guys are not recommending SVS anymore!
In previousmsgs PB-1000 and PC-2000 pro were mentioned never the other brands lol

I thought maybe get the PB-2000 for now, then get another one later
Is that the Monoprice Monolith series?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis