Denon AVP-A1HDCI / POA-A1HDCI Review Support Thread

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
Hi Gene is there any chnce if you can ask why the U.S.A owners of the AVP get the Audssey upgrade for free while the rest of the world have to pay.

Thanks

progprog

progprog

Enthusiast
Hi Gene is there any chnce if you can ask why the U.S.A owners of the AVP get the Audssey upgrade for free while the rest of the world have to pay.

Thanks
Hey Frank! Have you seen any actual confirmation of this? So far, I've only seen the press release for the European upgrade, and all the talk about U.S. cost seems to come from gimp's earlier post that he thought it'd be free....

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
Hey Frank! Have you seen any actual confirmation of this? So far, I've only seen the press release for the European upgrade, and all the talk about U.S. cost seems to come from gimp's earlier post that he thought it'd be free....
No I haven't but its good to check regardless:)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
All;

Denon is taking this firmware issue very seriously and are testing to verify what was reported here. As a result we are delaying the Podcast interview till next week. I will let you know the results.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
All;

Denon is taking this firmware issue very seriously and are testing to verify what was reported here. As a result we are delaying the Podcast interview till next week. I will let you know the results.
Gene,

Thank you very much for letting Denon know about these issues.:)

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
All;

Thankyou for that, at least we know Denon is taking it seriously.

S

stenvik

Audiophyte
Never had net problem, as I run wired network. Maybe it would be easier to use wired connection from avp to an access point, like DAP-1522 or DAP 1555 from DLINK, 802.11 n network, higher bandwidth, more stable

Just an idea. Thus no need to reenter wireless setting in avp each time reset processor...

Last edited:
E

EricBergan

Audiophyte
I can get Net Audio, but I'm using a wired connection - not wireless.
I'm also running wired, and haven't seen any of the problems with updates or their after effects. Net Audio works as well (or poorly) as it did prior to the update for me.

I've seen other devices where firmware updates caused problems for wireless users - wireless is a more complicated configuration (what with SSIDs, passkeys, etc) to maintain across a firmware reset, and seems to get forgotten occasionally.

eric

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Thanks
That doesn't seem right but I will ask.

I'm also running wired, and haven't seen any of the problems with updates or their after effects. Net Audio works as well (or poorly) as it did prior to the update for me.
Since the update, I can't get Net radio to work. It just keeps saying "please wait". I use a wired connection as well. I have a valid IP and everything. Not sure what's up but I will look into it more this weekend.

L

Laurent B.

Audiophyte
Since the update, I can't get Net radio to work. It just keeps saying "please wait". I use a wired connection as well. I have a valid IP and everything. Not sure what's up but I will look into it more this weekend.
Hello Gene,

This is one of the new bugs that come with the last firmware update :mad:and has been reported in the Seth V.'s list on page 6.
My workaround : If "Please wait" is displayed,
  • Solution 1 : Wait for 5 or 10 seconds en press ENTER or a CURSOR key. The NET/USB will display the "favorite" screen
  • Solution 2 : Control the Webradio or Media Server via Web Interface.
It seems it’s a display issue only : the screen and the front panel are not refreshed properly after NET/USB initialisation.

I don’t understand how Denon missed this bug during tests.:eek:

Have a nice week-end.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
A good question was asked on the AVS AVP/POA thread.

Here's a quote.

I know updates can cause some problems, but why some had problems and some did not?
Also was asked, why some had board failure and Realta failure and others didn't?

Gene, wonder if Denon knows why?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Solution 1 : Wait for 5 or 10 seconds en press ENTER or a CURSOR key. The NET/USB will display the "favorite" screen
Thanks this did the trick on my unit.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Block Diagram of AVP and POA

Attached is a block diagram I just got from Denon Engineering that shows the circuit topology and component scheme used in these products. I will discuss this in the Podcast interview today and also add an informational addendum page in my formal review.

In the meantime, check this out!

Attachments

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Thanks for sharing that Gene.:) Looking forward to the Podcast interview.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thanks for sharing that Gene. Looking forward to the Podcast interview.
I just finished recording it (50 min long) but had some tech issues with my software which causes some background noises. I also had to contend with a thunderstorm half way into the interview so I hope you guys don't beat me up too much on the sound quality. This is my first podcast and its different doing them via phone since I have to do all of the recording on my end. Don't expect DVD-A sound quality. Its more like XM radio :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis