A

AudioBuffCO

Junior Audioholic
I have the following Definitive Technology speakers:

Front L & R: BP2004

Center: C/L/R 500

Side Surrounds: BP-2X

Rear Surrounds: BP10B

Had the PF 15TL+ sub, but the amp died. My front L & R speakers, the BP2004 have 10” 125w built-in powered woofers. They are on either side of a huge, solid pine wall unit. They are about 18” from the back wall, 10” from the side wall and 10” from the pine wall unit. Is this enough space? If not, other than suggesting I get rid of the wall unit, any recommendations? Should I swap places with the BP10s? Also, since I do not currently have a sub, should I have my main speakers set to Large and the rest to small?

Thanks, Tom

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If its just an amp problem with the sub you can add an amp fairly easily but I'd stick to large setting without a sub in play. Got pics?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd pull the speakers out in the room some more and away from the walls a bit more if possible, put the center on top of the table (putting the tv on a riser) and bring it forward some (or even put it on a separate stand in front of the table); that couch/chair on the right could be blocking the right somewhat.

A

AudioBuffCO

Junior Audioholic
I'd pull the speakers out in the room some more and away from the walls a bit more if possible, put the center on top of the table (putting the tv on a riser) and bring it forward some (or even put it on a separate stand in front of the table); that couch/chair on the right could be blocking the right somewhat.
Very much appreciate the input. But, nothing is going to move except possibly swapping the BP2004s for BP10s.

A

AudioBuffCO

Junior Audioholic
Apologies if that came off as rude...not at all my intention. :O)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Didn't take it that way, most rooms have more than one purpose :) Swap 'em, see if you prefer it.

A

AudioBuffCO

Junior Audioholic
So, set JUST the front L & R to Large and the rest to small?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So, set JUST the front L & R to Large and the rest to small?
I'd set them all to large myself unless they make bad sounds down low or something....and setting small without a sub may or may not even do anything...

M

marcop300

Audiophyte
Do you sill use those BP-2004? i have had mine for 19+ years and just now have a blown amp. just wanted to see if you want to part out one of yours. i just need the rear board...etc amp..etc (the big black plate in the rear) thanks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis