Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Crazy stuff.

Although I think Wright is nuts, and about 95% of what he says is garbage, I will say that as a black man, I do agree that it's hard for white Americans to put themselves in our shoes. Have any white members on this board been pulled over by a cop after dropping off their girlfriend at home after a date? I have. The cop pulled me over and asked me, "Why were you sitting in front of that house?" Yeah right, I was casing the joint so I can rob it later. :rolleyes:

Although Wright's words are offensive, I don't see how it means that Obama must be a racist.
Darien, first thing, let me say thanks for acknowledging the post.

I had virtually the same experience.
One night, I was dropping my girlfriend off, right in front of her house.
A cop pulled up and ask what I was doing.
When I told him I was dropping her off, and she confirmed it.
He told me to drop her off and leave.

One other time, My dad and I were pulled over by a black state trooper, on the New Jersey Turnpike.
He said he saw us cross over the median and pull a u-turn. We didn't do any such thing.
My dad got a ticket.
Was he a racist cop? I don't know.

Are these experiences justification to start attending kkk meetings?

So, to get back on track.
It seems to be nothing more than a distraction tactic to talk about Lame Duck Bush, flag pins, lipstick, in this McCain thread.

Lets start using the same logic, and non-emotional reasoning, that we use when evaluating monster cables, or bose.

Rick

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Obama's lead is widening in Michigan and Ohio. That's a serious problem for McCain. By most counts, Obama has 243 electoral votes to McCain's 189. If Obama takes Michigan and Ohio, he'll reach the votes to win. He needs to hold at least one of those two states (MI or OH) if he wants any chance at the WH. If that isn't bad enough, McCain is defending states like Virginia and Missouri. If it were me, I'd give up those smaller states, stop Obama's march up north, and secure Florida. Either McCain needs better advisers or simply doesn't have the cash to keep up.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Obama's lead is widening in Michigan and Ohio. That's a serious problem for McCain. By most counts, Obama has 243 electoral votes to McCain's 189. If Obama takes Michigan and Ohio, he'll reach the votes to win.
That is excellent news! Finally, maybe we can kick the Republicans out of the White House for a few years and start getting this country back on track.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
That is excellent news! Finally, maybe we can kick the Republicans out of the White House for a few years and start getting this country back on track.
Hey Joe, while I share your desire for a change in the White House, your vehement, emotional responses are getting a bit tiresome. Please try to be a little more objective or back up your posts with some facts instead of just repeating how much Bush sucks. ;)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Darien, first thing, let me say thanks for acknowledging the post.

I had virtually the same experience.
One night, I was dropping my girlfriend off, right in front of her house.
A cop pulled up and ask what I was doing.
When I told him I was dropping her off, and she confirmed it.
He told me to drop her off and leave.

One other time, My dad and I were pulled over by a black state trooper, on the New Jersey Turnpike.
He said he saw us cross over the median and pull a u-turn. We didn't do any such thing.
My dad got a ticket.
Was he a racist cop? I don't know.

Are these experiences justification to start attending kkk meetings?

So, to get back on track.
It seems to be nothing more than a distraction tactic to talk about Lame Duck Bush, flag pins, lipstick, in this McCain thread.

Lets start using the same logic, and non-emotional reasoning, that we use when evaluating monster cables, or bose.

Rick
Thanks for your response as well Rick. It wasn't my intention to derail my own thread. I was just trying to shed some light on what might be Wright's motivation for his over-the-top statements.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for your response as well Rick. It wasn't my intention to derail my own thread. I was just trying to shed some light on what might be Wright's motivation for his over-the-top statements.
Darien, you're a stand up guy.
It's a pleasure to have a conversation with you.
Sincerely,
Rick

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Joe, while I share your desire for a change in the White House, your vehement, emotional responses are getting a bit tiresome. Please try to be a little more objective or back up your posts with some facts instead of just repeating how much Bush sucks. ;)
I did not mention the fact that Bush sucks in the post that you quoted. It was also celebratory in tone, not vehement, since it was a response to positive news.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Hearing Palin speak today about foreign policy really scares me. McCain often talks tough and makes rash moves, but he sometimes stops and thinks. IMO, McCain isn't the worst republican, but if he were to croak, we'd be stuck with Palin.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Hearing Palin speak today about foreign policy really scares me. .
Now I will have to hunt down her speech.
Did your paper carry an article by an AP reporter named Jennifer Loven?
"McCain decries earmarks as corrupt."

I wonder what does that say about her VP nominee then?;):D
Corrupt as well?

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
rable rable rable, bla bla bla
good luck getting joe to do the right thing:rolleyes:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hearing Palin speak today about foreign policy really scares me. McCain often talks tough and makes rash moves, but he sometimes stops and thinks. IMO, McCain isn't the worst republican, but if he were to croak, we'd be stuck with Palin.
Yep. Having anyone call a war "God's Plan" is scary stuff. I sure as hell don't want one of my leader's talking that way. Sounds an awful lot like the terrorists were supposed to be fighting against.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yep. Having anyone call a war "God's Plan" is scary stuff. I sure as hell don't want one of my leader's talking that way. Sounds an awful lot like the terrorists were supposed to be fighting against.
Well, they are of a different religion:D so they are the terrorists;):D

Don't forget what she said about the soldiers as well. How cavalier about their lives.:mad: Hopefully we'll see a fuller picture by election time that may shake up some of those fence straddlers.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
The one thing about the whole election that really bothers me is that alot of people will be voting for either candidate solely based on gender, political party, race, or religon. I was watching an interview on CNN and it made me chuckle a bit. They were interviewing "the average woman" and asking what she thought about the Sarah Plain move by McCain. She loved it. she thought that the Move showed that the Rep party cared about the woman vote. She really wanted to vote for Hillary but now she was going to cast her vote for the McCain cause Hillary wasnt an option. The person doing the interview asked if she was voting for the woman candidadate based on gender. She answered that she wouldnt consider it vote for McCain/Palin, as much as a vote against the Dem party for not choosing Hillary for VP.

Thats such a load of BULL HOCKEY!! I wish i could find that clip somewhere so i could post it.

anyone else see this interview?

Peace,
Tommy

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I have not seen that particular video but I've seen many which have a similar outcome. People can use whatever justification they want for picking who to vote for but I agree that is just a stupid way to go about things.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The one thing about the whole election that really bothers me is that alot of people will be voting for either candidate solely based on gender, political party, race, or religon. I was watching an interview on CNN and it made me chuckle a bit. They were interviewing "the average woman" and asking what she thought about the Sarah Plain move by McCain. She loved it. she thought that the Move showed that the Rep party cared about the woman vote. She really wanted to vote for Hillary but now she was going to cast her vote for the McCain cause Hillary wasnt an option. The person doing the interview asked if she was voting for the woman candidadate based on gender. She answered that she wouldnt consider it vote for McCain/Palin, as much as a vote against the Dem party for not choosing Hillary for VP.

Thats such a load of BULL HOCKEY!! I wish i could find that clip somewhere so i could post it.

anyone else see this interview?

Peace,
Tommy
I have seen it or something similar:eek: Cut off your nose to spite your face:D

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
I have seen it or something similar:eek: Cut off your nose to spite your face:D

we have a 42 inch flatscreen in our breakroom at work that airs CNN or ESPN depending on what the boss feels like. When i seen this interview it was early in the morning and everyone was all quite with the early morning blue. I laughed pretty loud and people started staring at me.....especially the ladies :D

Peace,
Tommy

majorloser

majorloser

<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' data='http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/48cd3b64ddb82bd0/48cd0cf97d529c95/be940ef3' id='W4727a250e66f972348cd3b64ddb82bd0' height='283' width='384'><param value='http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/48cd3b64ddb82bd0/48cd0cf97d529c95/be940ef3' name='movie'/><param value='transparent' name='wmode'/><param value='all' name='allowNetworking'/><param value='always' name='allowScriptAccess'/></object>

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I couldn't agree more. I have always felt that the religious right should not be allowed anywhere near the White House.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I'm actually quite happy with the economy going to hell right now. Especially the caving of the stock market. There's a lot of money to be made.

I'm in good shape despite who wins. If Obama wins, I believe the overall economic climate of the country will be better making it pleasant day-to-day. If McCain wins, I'll be able to buy a bigger piece of land in Italy on top of what my family owns there already.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis