D212S vs D15S vs D215S on its side

A

aoaaron

Audioholic Intern
Hi. I have a 4Mx6.5M room.
I have a Perlisten S series base layer. I'm looking for subs. I have 2 spots where I can fit a D212S or a D15S comfortably. I cannot fit a D215S unless I put it on its side as my screen height is 75cm up from the floor.

Which subs should I get? I want infrasoics and pressurisation of room as much as possible.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Putting a sub on it's side wouldn't change anything significantly.....if you want infrasonics and pressurization just get the best subs you can afford (I would go at least dual).....Perlisten wouldn't particularly be my first choice, tho.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My room is 6.7M x 7.9M (22FT x 26FT x 14FT ceiling = 8,000 CF). I had dual D15s.

Maybe for your smaller room, the dual D15s might be okay. But they sucked for my room with just the 2 subs. I had to use my other subs in addition to the dual D15s.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have a Paradigm PW 2200 V2 in my theater room and have had the amp fail for the third time. I am on a quest to find a replacement subwoofer but it is proving difficult to find one that is comparable. Tried a REL 12" sub but it seems underpowered and lacks equal performance - any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
A friend of mine bought 2 Perlisten subs that both failed after 2 months. So any subs with built-in amps have the risk of amp failure regardless of price.

Equal-sized Ported subs will give you more bass output than sealed subs. The key is going to be how you EQ the sub.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
A friend of mine bought 2 Perlisten subs that both failed after 2 months. So any subs with built-in amps have the risk of amp failure regardless of price.
I presume the Perlisten subs were not using Class D amps at the time. Am I right?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I presume the Perlisten subs were not using Class D amps at the time. Am I right?
This was like 3 months ago during the summer on brand new subs.

I assumed all these little plate amps are class D. What other types of amps do they use?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Shady's review of the R212s mentions a class D amp.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis