Custom Self Built Theater

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Nice one Warrior, that rack system looks really nice. Your getting there mate, keep up the great work. If i was in town i would have done that plastering for you.:) It all takes time mate.

Thanks! I've got ideas for switching to projection in this space. The ceiling would benefit from some bass absorption in the peak, and then I've been thinking of painting it all flat black, and underneath several layers of a thick white top, I was going to get some large format prints of constellations and turn the ugly ceiling into a trimmed out wood/fabric show in the day time, and then have LED's lighting each star with the flick of a switch.

But this year is all about getting the exterior of the house done. Scaffolding starts today!

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Oh excellent mate, well at least you have a plan(idea) so that's a good start.:) I painted my ceiling a dark blue.I was going to go black but changed my mind.I dont know how may different colour coats of paint my walls have had in the last 3 years or so.:D

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Oh excellent mate, well at least you have a plan(idea) so that's a good start.:) I painted my ceiling a dark blue.I was going to go black but changed my mind.I dont know how may different colour coats of paint my walls have had in the last 3 years or so.:D
This is actually my first house, and one of the 'benefitting factors' to the low price, was the heavy coat of tar and smoke on all the walls. So this house has remained a nice oil based white primer for a few years. Still unsure of colors, but I think all the trim will be a mix of white doors/windows and natural finish mahogany will be the end result.

I can go on and on, but 'Custom Self Built' didn't solely pertain to the living room 'theater'... Much more a journey!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Who knew? Nice wall panels. We might start calling you San Fransisco Alex. But seriously, GIK Acoustics, right?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis