GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The DCX would allow for superb integration of your mains and the sub, especially if they (mains) are powered by an outboard amplifier. The DCX is like having the crossover and the BFD in one enclosure with both of them on steroids. The DCX will allow for infinitely adjustable crossover points & slopes, along with infinitely adjustable frequency shaping allowing boost, cut, and 'Q' adjustment at any of those frequencies.

One can also set infrasonic, lowpass, highpass or bandpass filters for proper integration of most any system.
Uh, sounds like the DCX is what I need. I finally received my Rives test CD and took some readings for the mains alone. The graph looks like the Rockie Frickin' Mountains!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Here's the graph. The readings were taken without the sub. The SPL meter was mounted on a tripod, at tweeter height, centred at 7' from the speakers. My reference point was 80 dB @ 800 Hz. I'm guessing that the big bass hump is due to the standing wave resulting from the speaker placement on the cabinets. I think I'll try another set of readings with the speakers set up on stands in front of the cabinets. There's no way I could leave them there, but it would be an interesting comparison.

Last edited:
annunaki

annunaki

Good news on this front! I will be completing final install & setup and taking some measurements this weekend!!

I will be plotting the response & such so I can provide graphs before and after EQ. I will also have some photos of the completed install as well.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Good news on this front! I will be completing final install & setup and taking some measurements this weekend!!

I will be plotting the response & such so I can provide graphs before and after EQ. I will also have some photos of the completed install as well.
Excellent! I'm really looking forward to this!:D

annunaki

annunaki

Well we got everything installed this weekend. Results so far are very promising. My friend's room is not completely finished which affected things slightly but overall things are going well.

Below I have a response graph from the primary listening position, taken at lower levels (approx 30db below reference output on the receiver).

Here is a "rest of" system breakdown:

Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR707B

Speakers: 3 - Kef Ci200.iQs (front & center) and 4 - Kef Ci200.iQr (rears)

I did have a hiccup however using the feedback destroyer. It is adding a hum to the system. By passing this component completely eliminated the hum. It appears to be a ground loop at this point. Due to this issue we have not attempted any room correction at this point though I can see where the problem areas will be.

The peak in response at 45-47hz muds up response, so getting the eq implemented is a priority.

I also did not do a 3 position average for response yet either due to the room being incomplete. We will do more tuning.

Just for fun, I did run the system near reference level with a 23hz tone 10 ft. from the sub. In room output at this level yielded 102db!! This literally shakes most of the house!! The best part is that the enclosure barely has any vibration protecting the joints from cracking in the wall.

Not bad for dual 8 inch drivers and a system that is designed for output above 25hz!!

I will provide pics when they are provided to me.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That doesn't look too bad so far. I was wondering how much vibration would be transmitted and if the plaster would crack. Good luck with the ground loop and equalizing. I'll be following your progress.:)

annunaki

annunaki

Here are some updated pics I finally received.

Speakers in with bracket installed for TV:

Here are the subs installed into the enclosure:

Here is a shot of the speakers installed and the sub grille installed:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Here are some updated pics I finally received.

Speakers in with bracket installed for TV:

Here are the subs installed into the enclosure:

Here is a shot of the speakers installed and the sub grille installed:
Lookin' good! I don't know why, but I had been thinking that it was mounted in a side wall. Apparently, I was mistaken...

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Nice subs but I have to USK because I had the same drivers there car subs??

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Nice subs but I have to USK because I had the same drivers there car subs??
Yes, their car subs, non vented. You have to read through all the post, but its there. Pretty cool design BTW.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis