D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Between SVS and Monoprice performance is going to be more similar than different. I think for the money Monoprice is hard to beat. If you want and are planning on getting a pair of 16s more power to you, lol. I'm on board. Given a choice between a single 16 and a pair of 15s tho I think you'll get more performance out of the pair of 15s for about the same money as a single 16. Unless you have a huge cavernous room I don't think you'd notice a big difference between a pair of 15s or a pair of 16s for that matter, provided you integrate them optimally.

Money no object the PB16 Ultra is pretty nice with lots of bells and whistles and great looks and customer service to boot. For raw power and performance I think the Monolith 16 can hang with the PB16 Ultra. More budget conscious I think a pair of 15s will give you more than enough. Unless as I mentioned huge cavernous (more than 6000³') room.
Raw power and performance the monoprice thx 16 destroys the svs 16 ultra. That's what they were designed for. To be SVS 16 killers which they do quiet well. For about 900 dollars less and they've already gone on sale once or twice

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Pretty frigging awesome, lol.

It'd be great just in those seats, and you'll want to use a crossover of 80 hz or lower.
I just realized I'm way late to this party lol we went from talking about 16's to 10's and 12's.
:D

B

bsf

Audioholic
I would say that the PB-1000 is a better sub overall than the 10" Monolith. However, the PB-1000 is hard to justify when you can currently get a Monolith 12" for the same price.
is the13” 2000 watt thx worth twice the price compared the 12” thx?

P

Pankake

Enthusiast
I can also confirm that compared to SVS, Monoprice's customer service isn't great. However they did replace my Monolith 7 (after inspecting it for a couple of weeks with no communication) with no questions asked, and it was my fault so I can't complain. They did make me suffer in the dark for a while, but honored their warranty. SVS' cust service is really stellar tho. They're fast, keep you in the loop and always answer questions. They've helped me well outside of warranty a couple of times too. Great company to work with. That's kinda rolled into their pricing too tho.
I agree SVS Customer service is second to none. SVS Is awesome and they will help you with any of your component questions no matter what the brand, they are a fantastic company.

B

bsf

Audioholic
I agree SVS Customer service is second to none. SVS Is awesome and they will help you with any of your component questions no matter what the brand, they are a fantastic company.
It seems at the same price monolith out performs the svs?

B

bsf

Audioholic
The 13" is a very good sub but it ain't worth giving up on multiple subs for.
Ill probably start out with the 12” then maybe add a second if its needed. $1700 for the 13” is probably too much

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis