B

bsf

Audioholic
The Monolith 12" is undoubtedly a higher performer, but it is much heavier and larger.
At that price point and size, anything else you would recommend? I need somewhat of smaller low profile sub, do you mean the 10" monolith?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
At that price point and size, anything else you would recommend? I need somewhat of smaller low profile sub, do you mean the 10" monolith?
Oh I thought you had linked to the M12. The M10 is a smaller sub, yes. I think it is still larger than the PB-1000 though, although the PB-1000 is a higher performer.

B

bsf

Audioholic
Oh I thought you had linked to the M12. The M10 is a smaller sub, yes. I think it is still larger than the PB-1000 though, although the PB-1000 is a higher performer.
The 10" monolith is heavier than the PB 1000, but the PB 1000 is $150 more, so the PB 1000 would be a better sub overall? I possibly might dual sub.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The 10" monolith is heavier than the PB 1000, but the PB 1000 is $150 more, so the PB 1000 would be a better sub overall? I possibly might dual sub.
I would say that the PB-1000 is a better sub overall than the 10" Monolith. However, the PB-1000 is hard to justify when you can currently get a Monolith 12" for the same price.

B

bsf

Audioholic
I would say that the PB-1000 is a better sub overall than the 10" Monolith. However, the PB-1000 is hard to justify when you can currently get a Monolith 12" for the same price.
Yes, I didn't see that the 12in THX is the same price. Ok in that sense looks like id get the 12"

B

bsf

Audioholic
The only thing I liked about the PB1000 is the length is only 20" compared to the 10 or 12" which is almost 25". which would really stick out in my living room from the wall.

B

bsf

Audioholic
How do you think dual sub but placed in behind seating area would be if the space up front is tight?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
How do you think dual sub but placed in behind seating area would be if the space up front is tight?
Pretty frigging awesome, lol.

It'd be great just in those seats, and you'll want to use a crossover of 80 hz or lower.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Been there done that with dual rear placement(plus a single in front). It can be really really good.

B

bsf

Audioholic
Pretty frigging awesome, lol.

It'd be great just in those seats, and you'll want to use a crossover of 80 hz or lower.
Yes but I mean there would be no sub up front, so only dual subs both in rear

B

bsf

Audioholic
Been there done that with dual rear placement(plus a single in front). It can be really really good.
I wouldn't have the single up front, just 2 in rear, due to lack of space up front, I could MAYBE have a small one up front such as the PB 1000

B

bsf

Audioholic
Due to size id most likely get the M-10 V2 10in THX or the PB 1000 PRO, although the pro is $150 more

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I wouldn't have the single up front, just 2 in rear, due to lack of space up front, I could MAYBE have a small one up front such as the PB 1000
That’s ok. When I did mine, I had two in back and one in front, but if you’re careful about setup, you should be fine. I got more extension when I changed back to two in front, one in back. But I think you’ll be more than satisfied with rear placement. The (possible) extra tactile response(TR) will be nice too.

B

bsf

Audioholic
That’s ok. When I did mine, I had two in back and one in front, but if you’re careful about setup, you should be fine. I got more extension when I changed back to two in front, one in back. But I think you’ll be more than satisfied with rear placement. The (possible) extra tactile response(TR) will be nice too.
Well if I only put the subs in rear, I could get bigger subs, like the THX 12" monolith, I could possible put 1 PB 1000 in front and 1 in rear corner, but anything up front is going to be tight, I might even have to do a sound bar or book shelves as towers,

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
To echo these other guys, rear subwoofer placement can be really good.

B

bsf

Audioholic
To echo these other guys, rear subwoofer placement can be really good.
Well since I dont need a sub up front I can get a much bigger sub like the 12" monolith, so that will work, they will be nicely hidden in the back as well, my front wall needs to be minimal and tight.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well since I dont need a sub up front I can get a much bigger sub like the 12" monolith, so that will work, they will be nicely hidden in the back as well, my front wall needs to be minimal and tight.
I think it’s a plan!
1, 2, 3…GO!!!!!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
How would it sound with a single sub in rear corner?
It can work great, but like was said, you will not want to use a higher crossover than 80Hz.

B

bsf

Audioholic
It can work great, but like was said, you will not want to use a higher crossover than 80Hz.
what does that mean sorry? I have been out of the game for a long time, set the crossover on the subs or speakers to 80hz?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis