Covers equal to or better than the "Original Hit"

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That's actually pretty funny, but I could not listen very long - that recording was frying my stereocilia!
A friend who's a singer/songwriter and not long after he started as a solo act, he fired up with Stairway to Gilligan's Island- I don't think anyone in the club knew about this version, but it was pretty funny.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
All this talk made me think of two... which use other songs in them... can you name them?
2 in here:
And 1 here:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
but a little more on topic:

and then just for fun... a take on the same, from Mr Meth over a RZA beat!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Dunno, what are the songs within the songs?
So the black keys song is based on stairway to heaven at the beginning, and last dance with Mary Jane when all hell breaks loose in the middle. The Cake tune, chorus, is sweet Jane.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So the black keys song is based on stairway to heaven at the beginning, and last dance with Mary Jane when all hell breaks loose in the middle. The Cake tune, chorus, is sweet Jane.
LOL never noticed, am a fan of both groups, too. I kinda remember Black Keys being sued over a song by Oasis for content? I don't usually use these videos as I'm just using a laptop....will have to load up those two with the sound system and listen again....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I caught the Black Keys stuff... probably my favorite cut on El Camino... but I was tortured by why it sounded so familiar for a couple weeks when I was first listening to it.
Considering how much I like Lou Reed and Velvet Underground, I felt pretty foolish when it took my friend to point that one out to me. ;) Both of us were musicians at the time and it was a game of one-up that he won.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I caught the Black Keys stuff... probably my favorite cut on El Camino... but I was tortured by why it sounded so familiar for a couple weeks when I was first listening to it.
Considering how much I like Lou Reed and Velvet Underground, I felt pretty foolish when it took my friend to point that one out to me. ;) Both of us were musicians at the time and it was a game of one-up that he won.
Love the album, love the car/truck? Mine was a 67 el Camino with the 283 small block V8 and 3 on the tree with the posi transmission. :).

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Something Soungarden fans will probably hate, but I'm fascinated with this rendition for uncovering how great the samba/bossa nova potential was hidden in this song:

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Goto youtube and check out "smith and myers".
They do quite a few good song covers. Brent has an amazing voice

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Love the album, love the car/truck? Mine was a 67 el Camino with the 283 small block V8 and 3 on the tree with the posi transmission. :).
283 with posi? That's optimistic, if the back was loaded.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Maybe not a true cover, but this certainly a great rendition imo.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Bruce Springsteen's "Blinded By The Light"

was done better by Manfred Manns Earth Band

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Livingston Taylor’s cover of Stevie Wonder’s “Isn’t She Lovely”

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com