Covers equal to or better than the "Original Hit"

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I love covers :)

First one that comes to mind is Jimi Hendrix' version of Dylan's All Along the Watchtower (and Hendrix' was probably the bigger hit, too)...then again I also like Michael Hedges' version of All Along the Watchtower a lot, but each are quite different. On the same album (Live on the Double Planet) Hedges also does a killer version of Prince's A Love Bizarre. Another that comes to mind is Los Lobos' version of Bertha on Deadicated (and on Deadicated are several very good covers of Grateful Dead standards).
Absolutely on All Along the Watchtower by Hendrix not even close over Dylan's. Never heard the Hedges version.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
This is one of the best songs ever written imho!

I was going to link the actual video, but some may find it too offensive!

Cheers,

Phil
I seem to remember a nice redo of Astronomy by Blue Oyster Cult on this album.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I seem to remember a nice redo of Astronomy by Blue Oyster Cult on this album.
Hi David. Please fill me in as I am not familiar with Astronomy by BOC. Can you provide a link? I am interested, just not familiar. Thanks! :)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Red Sun Risings cover acoustic version of Alannis Morissette's song Uninvited. Haunting chilling amazing version. His voice is incredible

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Blue Monday!

I don't know if any of them are "better" but they are all quite different and I like 'em!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Hi David. Please fill me in as I am not familiar with Astronomy by BOC. Can you provide a link? I am interested, just not familiar. Thanks! :)

Cheers,

Phil
Cant seem to make the link work but you can find it here. I have the studio version on cd but this is the best version by far IMHO. Maybe their best song ever but I have some other favorites.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Cant seem to make the link work but you can find it here. I have the studio version on cd but this is the best version by far IMHO. Maybe their best song ever but I have some other favorites.
Ok got the link to work. Now I'm having to listen to all my BOC songs thanks a lot Phil.:) And I have just got to get to the Four Winds Bar. And the BOC version was better than Metallica's IMHO.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Very nice! I love it! Thanks for mentioning it to me. Always looking for some cool jams like this! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just ran across this new to me version of Stairway to Heaven

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis