davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Wait. Mild symptoms in the hospice room?

Fyi, I got a prescription of Paxlovid from my doctor in May and it was a zero co-pay with my insurance. I'm not sure if that is still the case. Might be helpful if you start getting pretty ill.
No after they left and tested later. No one had exhibited any symptoms previously or while in the hospice room. Only later and pretty mild. I'm 5 days out with no symptoms so I'm starting to think I'm OK. Thanks for the tip on Paxlovid. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
No after they left and tested later. No one had exhibited any symptoms previously or while in the hospice room. Only later and pretty mild. I'm 5 days out with no symptoms so I'm starting to think I'm OK. Thanks for the tip on Paxlovid. :)
Wait for another 5-7 days to be sure as some folks show symptoms later.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
thankfully never had covid and after a few more days I think I'm clear.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
As they, whoever they may be, say, there is a first time. :D :D :D
Sure hope not. Didn't go to my local bar last night and I will wait until Taco Tuesday to go again. At this point I think I'll be fine but have to get on a plane again to fly to Pittsburgh to attend my sister's funeral on Saturday. i will take a few masks and some earplugs as I had a screaming kid sitting right behind me on the trip to DFW. :)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Sure hope not. Didn't go to my local bar last night and I will wait until Taco Tuesday to go again. At this point I think I'll be fine but have to get on a plane again to fly to Pittsburgh to attend my sister's funeral on Saturday. i will take a few masks and some earplugs as I had a screaming kid sitting right behind me on the trip to DFW. :)
Death of a close family member has to be dealt with by everyone of us unfortunately. I lost my 38 year old son 13 years ago.

I convey to you my condolences.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Death of a close family member has to be dealt with by everyone of us unfortunately. I lost my 38 year old son 13 years ago.

I convey to you my condolences.
Thanks man it was my younger sister. Sorry to hear about your son.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
7 days out from being in a small room with 3 family members who got mildly sick and tested positive. No symptoms so my never having had Covid streak is still standing. Unfortunately, I will need to get on a few planes to attend my sister's funeral. Obviously, I need to attend this sad event but I'm still not looking forward to the trip. And I haven't scheduled my 2024 Covid and Flu shots yet.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
7 days out from being in a small room with 3 family members who got mildly sick and tested positive. No symptoms so my never having had Covid streak is still standing. Unfortunately, I will need to get on a few planes to attend my sister's funeral. Obviously, I need to attend this sad event but I'm still not looking forward to the trip. And I haven't scheduled my 2024 Covid and Flu shots yet.
You didn't catch Covid and you will survive to become a Spartan pretty soon. :D My feeling is that you will have a sound return trip.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Well, it takes a bit of time for the covid shot to confer immunity, so depending on when you leave, it may be too late to get the immunity. Sorry for the loss of your sister.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
You didn't catch Covid and you will survive to become a Spartan pretty soon. :D My feeling is that you will have a sound return trip.
Hopefully and thanks. I think I will become a Sparton this week. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Well, it takes a bit of time for the covid shot to confer immunity, so depending on when you leave, it may be too late to get the immunity. Sorry for the loss of your sister.
Yeah, I'll schedule both the Covid and Flu shots after I get back. Thanks man.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I just got both the Covid-19 and Flu shots this afternoon. Both in one shoulder.
The conventional wisdom is to have a shot in each shoulder to insure you don't sleep well! :p How else are you going to ensure you got your moneys worth of needles pricking you?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The conventional wisdom is to have a shot in each shoulder to insure you don't sleep well! :p.
I already don't sleep well without the aid of vaccinations.
How else are you going to ensure you got your moneys worth of needles pricking you?
I'm not entirely sure how to comment on this while also responding to your snarkiness maintaining your irreverent tone. As in "I get plenty of money's worth when I read of the fate of others who refuse booster shots while denying their effectiveness."

Or, I can get too teachy-preachy by saying that "Vaccines are by far the cheapest and most effective medicine we have."

Besides, my Medicare Plan D health insurance pay for both shots. I pay nothing, directly. Indirectly, I pay plenty.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I already don't sleep well without the aid of vaccinations.
I'm not entirely sure how to comment on this while also responding to your snarkiness. As in "I get plenty of money's worth when I read of the fate of others who refuse booster shots while denying their effectiveness."

Or, I can get too teachy-preachy by saying that "Vaccines are by far the cheapest and most effective medicine we have."

Besides, my Medicare Plan D health insurance pay for both shots. I pay nothing, directly. Indirectly, I pay plenty.
No snarkiness was intended by me, and if taken so, my apologies.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I just got both the Covid-19 and Flu shots this afternoon. Both in one shoulder.
I'm scheduled to get the flu and covid vaccines on the same day shortly as well. Hopefully it doesn't cause too many side effects.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis