davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
CPP must be a DR Death Fauci's assistant. A new variant just for the coming november . More Drop boxes Mail N ballots more cheating the libera way.
Your orange leader votes by mail. He might not be able to much longer if he gets convicted in Florida.:p

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Now it's time to remove the lawn sign in your front yard that says "Thank You Dr Fauci"..

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yep, much more deaths would have happened if not for the restrictions.

These results were robust to sensitivity checks including separately controlling for the 7 specific activity limitations rather than using the composite score; incorporating the overall restriction score as the single policy covariate; excluding the control for the initial pandemic period (March 2020 to June 2020) excess death rates or ratios; estimating the model over the full pandemic period (March 2020 to June 2022) with Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York excluded; and using COVID-19 mortality, rather than all excess deaths, as the dependent variable (eTable 8 in Supplement 1). Larger restriction effects were also observed in the second analysis year (July 2021- June 2022) than in the first (July 2020 to June 2021).

Using the primary specifications, the estimates suggested that if all states had weak restrictions, there would have been 1.3 million to 1.4 million excess deaths from July 2020 to June 2022, that is, 271 000 to 447 000 more than estimated with universal strong restrictions, a 25% to 48% difference (Table). Compared to the 1.18 million actual excess deaths over the study period, weak restrictions in all states would have resulted in an estimated 13% to 17% increase, and strong restrictions in a 10% to 21% decrease. Behavioral changes were associated with 49% to 79% of the overall restriction premia (Table and Figure 4; eTable 9 in Supplement 1).

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Gonna fly to Texas tomorrow to visit my sister in hospice. Last time I'll see her and I'm thinking of wearing a mask on the airplane. First time in over 2 years I ever thought about wearing a mask. I just don't want to bring any virus into the facility. Just my own personal decision.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Gonna fly to Texas tomorrow to visit my sister in hospice. Last time I'll see her and I'm thinking of wearing a mask on the airplane. First time in over 2 years I ever thought about wearing a mask. I just don't want to bring any virus into the facility. Just my own personal decision.
Yes, please do. It is very temporary.
Wife almost brought it home from a friend she tried to help out. She took some dinner to friend, her father, brother and his wife. Come to find out, that wife tested positive for covid. Maybe brother as well. They flew in from out of state without masking up and stubbornly may not wear one flying home.
Not sure if a death in family might convince some otherwise.

Be very cautious, costs nothing.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, please do. It is very temporary.
Wife almost brought it home from a friend she tried to help out. She took some dinner to friend, her father, brother and his wife. Come to find out, that wife tested positive for covid. Maybe brother as well. They flew in from out of state without masking up and stubbornly may not wear one flying home.
Not sure if a death in family might convince some otherwise.

Be very cautious, costs nothing.
Thanks

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
If someone seated near you on a long flight is coughing and has a high viral load, you're probably getting infected, mask or no mask, although an N95 mask is better. And it doesn't help that the airlines now cram every flight completely full.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Back from DFW on a half empty flight this morning. I had the row to myself (3 seats) with nobody in back or in front of me, so I removed the mask. I did wear it on the full flight to TX on Saturday. So far, no symptoms. Haven't worn a mask in years it felt weird.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Back from DFW on a half empty flight this morning. I had the row to myself (3 seats) with nobody in back or in front of me, so I removed the mask. I did wear it on the full flight to TX on Saturday. So far, no symptoms. Haven't worn a mask in years it felt weird.
3 of the family members that I was in the room with have now tested positive for covid and had mild symptoms. No symptoms for me but I am home and will get tested if I feel anything. 3 days since I've been around anyone infected. So far so good.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
3 of the family members that I was in the room with have now tested positive for covid and had mild symptoms. No symptoms for me but I am home and will get tested if I feel anything. 3 days since I've been around anyone infected. So far so good.
That's good to know .god speed

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Wait. Mild symptoms in the hospice room?

Fyi, I got a prescription of Paxlovid from my doctor in May and it was a zero co-pay with my insurance. I'm not sure if that is still the case. Might be helpful if you start getting pretty ill.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis