panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just to clarify my post; I was being sarcastic as I find it ironic that the very people protesting the vaccine by saying my body, my choice, are the same people who say the opposite when it comes to abortion. The signs they hold are no different than ones pro-choice folks hold during protests.
A connection they'll never make. Even if someone points it out to them.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I know you made this post tongue-in-cheek but evolutionary pressure involves a lot of preventable dying.
Death can be delayed, but never prevented. In this world, no one gets out alive ;).

However, some exit this world earlier than others, due to the choices they've made. With that in mind, choosing vaccination in the face of pandemic doesn't require a lot of intelligence.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
With the very high infection rate of the Delta variant combined with the fact it is hitting younger people also and many are choosing not to get vaccinated it is very likely that as hospitals fill up, and they very likely will, it will result in many of the young people who would have had an extremely low chance of dying from this disease could in fact die due to not being able to get treatment in the overcrowded hospitals in time.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
With the very high infection rate of the Delta variant combined with the fact it is hitting younger people also and many are choosing not to get vaccinated it is very likely that as hospitals fill up, and they very likely will, it will result in many of the young people who would have had an extremely low chance of dying from this disease could in fact die due to not being able to get treatment in the overcrowded hospitals in time.
In places like Florida, where you have the village idiot in charge, that could well happen.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I think we are at the point:

You can choose not to get the vaccine. But you have also chose to pay for your own medical care straight out of pocket and you can't file for bankruptcy over it.

You can choose not to get the vaccine. But you have also chose to pay for anyone you get sick that was already vaccinated or couldn't medically get the vaccine.

You can choose not to get the vaccine. But your employer can choose not to employ you.

You can choose not to get the vaccine. But public and private entities can choose to deny you access and services.

We are now in a national IQ test. By this time in 2022 you'll either have the vaccine or have the virus. I'm at the point if it kills your dumbazz, Sorry, not sorry.
Time for Covidnomics - The Atlantic

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Anecdotally, I went to the ER on Friday morning at 5:00 am. I was admitted to the hospital at 6:00 pm, and released Saturday at 2:00 pm. (resting heart rate getting as low as 32 bpm among other things).

I laid there and watched the ER fill up with young Covid patients. I was directly across from the nurses station so I could see and hear almost everything. The worst case was a family of 4, all in critical condition with Covid. Wife went on a girls trip to Vegas, contracted the virus came home and infected the rest of the family. No one was vaccinated. I am heartbroken for the children.

Once it was decided I would be staying overnight I had my wife bring me a bag of items, she was not allowed inside the facility, in a matter of hours the hospital had reinstated Covid policy from last year.

I saw some medical workers that I am sure are suffering some level of PTSD, start to fall apart.
once I was transferred to my room I had three RN’s care for me, two of them were visibly shaken at the prospect of hospitalizations and deaths rivaling last year’s levels.

If what I witnessed is being repeated across the country, things are going to be incredibly worse before they get better.
Pray for our health care workers.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Wife just told me she was reading her newsfeed of a new variant from Peru showed up in Texas. Does not react to the vaccines. Will see as time marches on how reliable this report is.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Wife just told me she was reading her newsfeed of a new variant from Peru showed up in Texas. Does not react to the vaccines. Will see as time marches on how reliable this report is.
The Peruvian variant, also known as Lambda or C.37, is an emerging version of SARS-CoV-2 that was first detected in Peru in August 2020. It has since spread rapidly in that country, where it now accounts for the vast majority of new cases.

Lambda is also highly infectious compared to the original December 2019 coronavirus strain, but, at least in the USA, it isn't believed to be as infectious as the Delta strain. Apparently, in Peru, the most commonly used vaccine is CoronaVac, the Chinese-made vaccine, considered to be much less effective than what we've used in the USA. The lambda strain does seem to be capable of evading some or all of the immunity conferred by CoronaVac, but does not seem – in lab tests of serum antibodies – to evade immunity resulting from the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. Note that these lab tests only looked at circulating antibodies and did not address the more important immunity conferred by killer T-cells.

Now, the lambda strain has appeared in Houston.
According to experts, lambda has some of the same types of mutations observed in the alpha, beta and gamma variants that may increase transmission. It also has a mutation similar to one found in delta that may allow it to more easily infect lung cells. But lambda isn’t yet considered a “variant of concern" by the WHO. The agency reserves that label for variants that have been shown more definitively to spread faster, make people sicker, or evade vaccines or treatments. That group includes the alpha, beta, gamma and delta variants.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

The Peruvian variant, also known as Lambda or C.37, is an emerging version of SARS-CoV-2 that was first detected in Peru in August 2020. It has since spread rapidly in that country, where it now accounts for the vast majority of new cases.

Lambda is also highly infectious compared to the original December 2019 coronavirus strain, but, at least in the USA, it isn't believed to be as infectious as the Delta strain. Apparently, in Peru, the most commonly used vaccine is CoronaVac, the Chinese-made vaccine, considered to be much less effective than what we've used in the USA. The lambda strain does seem to be capable of evading some or all of the immunity conferred by CoronaVac, but does not seem – in lab tests of serum antibodies – to evade immunity resulting from the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. Note that these lab tests only looked at circulating antibodies and did not address the more important immunity conferred by killer T-cells.

Now, the lambda strain has appeared in Houston.

UK data strongly suggests that Delta outpaces them all, and is likely to be dominant, until a worse mutation surfaces.

The situation in this country is pretty dire in parts. It is just galling that most of this could have been prevented.

In the UK cases are falling slowly, but showing signs of levelling off at too high a level. 88.7% of those eligible have had one dose, and 73% are fully vaccinated. So that is individuals over 17 years of age. So in a short time they will be around 90% fully vaccinated. So barring a new variant, the pandemic should be largely over for the UK in six to eight weeks.

Israel has started third doses for the over 60s. The UK want to start third doses in September. The plan is to use a different vaccine from what individuals originally received. They have data to back that up. They hope by then, the vaccines will be edited to give better immunity against the alpha and Beta variants.

Germany has plans to start third jabs also, but I don't know the details.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
UK data strongly suggests that Delta outpaces them all, and is likely to be dominant, until a worse mutation surfaces.
Yes, Delta seems to be the worst variant – for the present.

Still, what that Infection Control Today article (linked above in my previous post) had to say about what happened in Peru is frightening to read. I think it's safe to assume that Peruvian medical care standards are less that what we know here or in Europe, and I don't know how many people have been immunized in Peru, but I think it reflects very poorly on that Chinese vaccine.
Peru has the highest COVID-19 death rate of any country in the world, according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center: about 600 for every 100,000 people infected with COVID-19. That’s about twice the amount of Hungary, the country with the next highest COVID-19 death rate. The World Health Organization (WHO) says that the lambda variant has been the COVID carrier in about 81% of infections in Peru since April. The WHO declared the lambda variant a variant of interest last month. The lambda variant has spread to about 30 other countries in the world, including the United Kingdom.
I also remember reading, how Arkansas recently discarded some 80,000 vaccine doses because it was beyond the expiration date. I hope those responsible in that state loose sleep over the knowledge that a country like Peru could have saved many lives if they had those vaccine doses in time to use them.

(I use the term 'responsible' loosely.)

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I also remember reading, how Arkansas recently discarded some 80,000 vaccine doses because it was beyond the expiration date. I hope those responsible in that state loose sleep over the knowledge that a country like Peru could have saved many lives if they had those vaccine doses in time to use them.
We are extremely fortunate in this country. I wish people could come to their senses and stop pissing on it.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's the latest risk level map. It is really spreading across the southeast and also working north.

1628060083967.png

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You Won't Believe Who the Anti-Vaxxers Blame for the COVID Surge - by Jonathan V. Last - The Triad (thebulwark.com)

Axios released a poll this morning that I’m still trying to fully digest. They went into the field and asked both vaccinated and unvaccinated people who they blame for the current surge in COVID cases.

You can guess who vaccinated people blame, right? Overwhelmingly they blame the unvaccinated, with a dollop of blame also going to Donald Trump and conservative media.

But who do you think the unvaccinated people blame?

No, really. I want you to guess.

You’ve got your theory?

Okay.

Well, the answer is: Foreigners.

Yes, that’s right. Unvaccinated people blame, in descending order, foreigners and the mainstream media for the current wave of COVID. This is who they are.

There’s been a lot of told-you-so about COVID in Florida, where things are pretty bad.

Case counts in Florida are at the highest level ever—worse than the darkest period of last winter. And this is with testing at a lower level than last winter. Hospitalizations are headed way up. The deaths will follow in a couple weeks. Here’s how it currently looks:

That’s right: 39,079 Floridians have died from COVID, so far. That’s the fourth biggest total of all the states. Right now, 58 people are dying every day in Florida and that number is going to get bigger.

The conventional wisdom seems to be that this is somehow bad for the political prospects of Ron DeSantis.

I disagree.

In fact, I would propose the exact opposite: The worse things get in Florida, the better it is for DeSantis’s political future.

For a number of reasons:

• Every time DeSantis is criticized by the media, it helps him.
  • Every additional death is evidence that he didn’t cave to “the lockdowns.”
  • The more people who die on his watch, the greater a testament it is to his fidelity to the cause of modern conservatism. It proves that he’s not some RINO cuck like Mike DeWine.
  • If people really believe that COVID is the fault of foreigners, then the bigger the death toll, the more aggrieved DeSantis can be by how these nefarious foreigners hurt his state.
Let me tell you, right now, what the line will be:

Nothing bad happened in Florida. It’s all just a bunch of lies from the liberal media who want to hurt Ron DeSantis. And if anything did happen, then DeSantis did what he did because he’s a patriot who believes in freedom and keeping the economy strong. And it wasn’t as bad as what Andrew Cuomo did. And it’s all the fault of foreigners.
Anyone who thinks that failure to manage COVID could hurt a Republican with political aspirations hasn’t been paying attention. If anything, the opposite is true.

In the near term, Republican voters are going to be deeply suspicious of anyone who acted responsibly on COVID. And so the worse things get in Florida, the better it is for Ron DeSantis.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Anecdotally, I went to the ER on Friday morning at 5:00 am. I was admitted to the hospital at 6:00 pm, and released Saturday at 2:00 pm. (resting heart rate getting as low as 32 bpm among other things).

I laid there and watched the ER fill up with young Covid patients. I was directly across from the nurses station so I could see and hear almost everything. The worst case was a family of 4, all in critical condition with Covid. Wife went on a girls trip to Vegas, contracted the virus came home and infected the rest of the family. No one was vaccinated. I am heartbroken for the children.

Once it was decided I would be staying overnight I had my wife bring me a bag of items, she was not allowed inside the facility, in a matter of hours the hospital had reinstated Covid policy from last year.

I saw some medical workers that I am sure are suffering some level of PTSD, start to fall apart.
once I was transferred to my room I had three RN’s care for me, two of them were visibly shaken at the prospect of hospitalizations and deaths rivaling last year’s levels.

If what I witnessed is being repeated across the country, things are going to be incredibly worse before they get better.
Pray for our health care workers.
Thanks for posting. I certainly hope that your health issues are resolved. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located geographically?

I can't fault the health care workers who have quit because they're tired of dealing with COVID. It must seem like tears in the rain at times.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Thanks for posting. I certainly hope that your health issues are resolved. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located geographically?

I can't fault the health care workers who have quit because they're tired of dealing with COVID. It must seem like tears in the rain at times.
Rancho Cucamonga Ca.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Here's the latest risk level map. It is really spreading across the southeast and also working north.

View attachment 49589

Are there any people living in those 'green' areas? ;) :) Probably few and far between. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

More families are in the news begging people to get vaccinated but only after they lost a family member.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Are there any people living in those 'green' areas? ;) :) Probably few and far between. :D
Well, my area is red. Not surprised.

My aunt is in the hospital with it, but she's supposed to be doing OK now. Luckily my grandmother is vaccinated, but I don't think a lot of my family is. They get mad when I call them "the control group".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis