R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
"It's the will of God and I can do nothing about it!"

The above is a paraphrase that pretty much describe a former neighbour that (a young woman with a child) refuses to vaccinate while still working with children. I've had this discussion with her at a number of occasions and it's nothing political about it. Just religion, the curse of mankind.
If I recall the Bible correctly, there's a passage about how God will only carry us so far and then it's up to us to complete a task. That can easily be interpreted as God gave us the ability to think intelligently and create a vaccine to defeat a deadly virus. Besides, the Pope himself is pro-vaccine and fairly certain your neighbor does not know better than the Pope.

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
Presently, the world's population is estimated to be 79 billion people. That becomes 0.4 to 4 billion deaths. And that's only if no more successful mutations occur.
I assume you meant 7.9 billion people.

Last edited:
R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Some good news:

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
If I recall the Bible correctly, there's a passage about how God will only carry us so far and then it's up to us to complete a task. That can easily be interpreted as God gave us the ability to think intelligently and create a vaccine to defeat a deadly virus. Besides, the Pope himself is pro-vaccine and fairly certain your neighbor does not know better than the Pope.
There is something in the Bible to justify just about anything, including atrocities, oppression, slavery and so on for centuries.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
There is something in the Bible to justify just about anything, including atrocities, oppression, slavery and so on for centuries.
That's for sure and too many ways to interpret it. As in audio, you will get a lot of different opinions on how you read it.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Now in our state run by our Trumpet, our Gov made a statement just recently """
Ramping Up Campaign Against Covid Safety, DeSantis Now Opposes Hospitals Requiring Vaccines of Staff"". Spoken like a true politicain, he cares more about votes than anything else.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Now in our state run by our Trumpet, our Gov made a statement just recently """
Ramping Up Campaign Against Covid Safety, DeSantis Now Opposes Hospitals Requiring Vaccines of Staff"". Spoken like a true politicain Republican, he cares more about votes than anything else.
Fixed that for you. Here it's literally about life and death, and the party responsible for this should be called out as such.

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Fixed that for you. Here it's literally about life and death, and the party responsible for this should be called out as such.
I'm just surprised that nobody of yet has taken his ass to court and let the State Supreme Court make a ruling on his dictatorship methods.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'm just surprised that nobody of yet has taken his ass to court and let the State Supreme Court make a ruling on his dictatorship methods.
I've no opinion on the legality of the Republican DeSantis actions or inactions as such but I find some of them morally reprehensible.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
As in TX, I'm sure a LOT of the population are just fine with his stupidity.

People really need to remember that if someone makes a medical decision based on their politics, they might be an idiot.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
That's what all viruses do, mutate rapidly. SARS-CoV-2 is no different. But it can't mutate unless it's reproducing. This requires infecting more people. As more people get infected, more virus reproductions occur, and more mutations accumulate. This is why virologists, infectious disease physicians, and all scientists, have been screaming for people to roll up their sleeves and get the jab. The best way to stop this pandemic is to vaccinate at least 80 to 90% of all people on the planet.

The alternative is to wait until everyone on earth has been infected by the virus. This will take many years. An estimated 0.5% to 5% of the world's population could die. Presently, the world's population is estimated to be 79 billion people. That becomes 0.4 to 4 billion deaths. And that's only if no more successful mutations occur.
Yes, reproduce and mutate. Evolution. Viruses do it much faster.
I guess many just cannot understand and accept evolution. :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, reproduce and mutate. Evolution. Viruses do it much faster.
I guess many just cannot understand and accept evolution. :D
Eh, the evolutionary pressure on genetics on humans does you work the way you think it does.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Well, some just read the parts they like. :D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I assume you meant 7.9 billion people.
Yes, 7.9 billion is correct, not 79 billion. Thanks for pointing out what I misread. I'm only off by a factor of 10. But the percentages are the same.

My conclusions still mean as much even if they are 10-fold lower. 40 to 400 million deaths is still mind-boggling. This is an unacceptably high price when it can easily be avoided with vaccinations.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I've no opinion on the legality of the Republican DeSantis actions or inactions as such but I find some of them morally reprehensible.
Isn't the number one duty of a governor is to safety and protect his people? This is the opposite, dereliction of duty.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The various state laws banning mask mandates and vaccine mandates are rather odd legal ducks.

A judge just blocked a state ban on masks in Arkansas, but it's not at all clear what will happen going forward.

Norwegian Cruise Lines is challenging the Florida "vaccine passport" ban in Florida. It appears to me that the cruise lines have a somewhat weaker position than the school district in the Arkansas case because the cruise lines can (at least in theory) choose not to do business in a state with a ban on vaccine requirements. Having said that, I really don't know which way this case will go.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I think the Trump effect has made people more stupid these last five years. I love the uneducated!
I worked customer facing long enough that people have been more stupid for a lot longer than that. But you get a $5 bill involved and they all the sudden smarten up.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I've zero empathy and I want them to get great care that they have to pay 100% out of pocket for. I DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR STUPID PEOPLE.
I chuckled and agreed at the same time for look at what we've put in DC …...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis