M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
They get mad when I call them "the control group".
When people say they don't want to be a guinea pig I find myself thinking "Oh, you're a guinea pig all right, it's just that you're in the group that will get the live virus instead of the vaccine."

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, my area is red. Not surprised.

My aunt is in the hospital with it, but she's supposed to be doing OK now. Luckily my grandmother is vaccinated, but I don't think a lot of my family is. They get mad when I call them "the control group".
I sympathize with you. My older son is unvaccinated.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Are there any people living in those 'green' areas? ;) :) Probably few and far between.
Well I'm in north central Fla. Red area. But the wife and I are all vaccinated, just staying cautious, playing golf, fishing and kayaking almost daily.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Well, my area is red. Not surprised.

My aunt is in the hospital with it, but she's supposed to be doing OK now. Luckily my grandmother is vaccinated, but I don't think a lot of my family is.
Sorry to hear about all that.
They get mad when I call them "the control group".
That is funny. Even though this stuff is life or death business, that made me laugh :D.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ugggghhh. They just put out an alert in San Antonio that we are in another Covid high risk hospitals are filling fast. Over 98 fuggin % of all admissions are non vaccinated. Over 98% That's friggin ridiculous

We've already had outbreaks on some of our civilian psych units and had to convert a building for Covid infected.

Back to wearing proper masks no cloth allowed in the hospital

This is just stupid half the friggin world has been vaccinated. If there were any issues long or short term trust me they'd have shown up by now. The only thing that's guaranteed to show up is you won't get sick if you catch it no hospitalization now that's a side effect I'll take

This is not friggin rocket science. I had a ton of empathy for people not wanting to comply with lockdowns right or not there businesses where on the line I could get that

But to not do the one thing that is guaranteed to get your business back on track eradicate Covid with proper herd immunity through vaccination and people won't do it? I mean WTF you want people feeling comfortable enough to get out there and boost the economy. This sure isn't a great way to go about it

This isn't a liberal or conservative issue it's just plain too important for that sh$t it's a greater good for everyone issue. And it's not that hard had mine months ago due to being a first responder. Zero issues one day of not feeling well after the 2nd dose and no other issues since

Uggghh people are so fuggin stupid were probably going to end up in restrictions and people have no one to blame but themselves

Had to vent I'm better now lol

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
This isn't a liberal or conservative issue it's just plain too important for that sh$t it's a greater good for everyone issue. And it's not that hard had mine months ago due to being a first responder. Zero issues one day of not feeling well after the 2nd dose and no other issues since

Uggghh people are so fuggin stupid were probably going to end up in restrictions and people have no one to blame but themselves

Had to vent I'm better now lol
It shouldn't be a partisan issue, but it its. I think the Trump effect has made people more stupid these last five years. I love the uneducated! :rolleyes:

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I just read an article that stated Vietnam has vaccinated 0.6% of 90 million people. If that is anywhere near accurate, ( I have seen other reports of 3%) and these rates are similar in other countries,
the next 5 years don’t look so good.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I just read an article that stated Vietnam has vaccinated 0.6% of 90 million people. If that is anywhere near accurate, ( I have seen other reports of 3%) and these rates are similar in other countries,
the next 5 years don’t look so good.
More land for China to claim. :confused:

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The Peruvian variant, also known as Lambda or C.37, is an emerging version of SARS-CoV-2 that was first detected in Peru in August 2020. It has since spread rapidly in that country, where it now accounts for the vast majority of new cases.

Lambda is also highly infectious compared to the original December 2019 coronavirus strain, but, at least in the USA, it isn't believed to be as infectious as the Delta strain. Apparently, in Peru, the most commonly used vaccine is CoronaVac, the Chinese-made vaccine, considered to be much less effective than what we've used in the USA. The lambda strain does seem to be capable of evading some or all of the immunity conferred by CoronaVac, but does not seem – in lab tests of serum antibodies – to evade immunity resulting from the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. Note that these lab tests only looked at circulating antibodies and did not address the more important immunity conferred by killer T-cells.

Now, the lambda strain has appeared in Houston.

It's somewhat surprising to me how many mutations the lambda variant has.

>>>The S protein of the consensus sequence of the Lambda variant bears six substitution mutations (G75V, T76I, L452Q, F490S, D614G and T859N) and a 7-amino-acid deletion in the NTD (RSYLTPGD246-253N) (Table S3). The analysis using the 1,908 sequences of the Lambda variant (C.37 lineage) showed that the six substitution mutations are relatively highly (> 90%) conserved (Figure 1B and Table S3). Although a large deletion in the NTD, the RSYLTPGD246-253N mutation, is also highly conserved, 287 out of the 1,908 sequences (15.0%) of the Lambda (C.37 lineage) genomes do not harbor this mutation (Figure 1C and Table S3).<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
40% of the ICU beds in Arkansas are COVID patients, and there are only 25 ICU beds available in the entire state.

>>>CHI St. Vincent is also operating at capacity. In a statement sent to THV11, CHI St. Vincent said in part:

"Unlike the prior surges in COVID-19 patients, patients currently requiring hospitalization at our facilities are younger with an approximate age range of 25 – 44. Of those patients admitted to our hospitals over the past month related to the Delta Variant of COVID-19, only one patient had been vaccinated. The rest have been unvaccinated."<<<

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry to hear about all that.
That is funny. Even though this stuff is life or death business, that made me laugh :D.
Thanks, but I don't have patients for their stupidity. I straight up told my mom that if she didn't want me calling her stupid, that she should stop saying and doing things a stupid person does. She got mad when I called her anti-vaxx too. She is just against this one and "that's different". I again told her to stop saying stupid people things and realize being against ANY vaccine makes you anti-vaxx. Just one of the many mental gymnastics these people perform.

Dying for politics makes no sense and there is no winner in this. You'd think the maga-conservatives would want their population alive so they can vote them back in, but it seems that is not the case.

The worst part is my little sister has a degree in biology and whatever you get to become a lab tech. She literally works in a hospital testing people's blood. Instead of listening to me and her (I'm equipped with all the info in this thread, thanks to you guys) they listen to my unemployed brother who has no degree and is a "programmer".

ok, my vent over too.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It's somewhat surprising to me how many mutations the lambda variant has.
That's what all viruses do, mutate rapidly. SARS-CoV-2 is no different. But it can't mutate unless it's reproducing. This requires infecting more people. As more people get infected, more virus reproductions occur, and more mutations accumulate. This is why virologists, infectious disease physicians, and all scientists, have been screaming for people to roll up their sleeves and get the jab. The best way to stop this pandemic is to vaccinate at least 80 to 90% of all people on the planet.

The alternative is to wait until everyone on earth has been infected by the virus. This will take many years. An estimated 0.5% to 5% of the world's population could die. Presently, the world's population is estimated to be 79 billion people. That becomes 0.4 to 4 billion deaths. And that's only if no more successful mutations occur.

Correction: I misread 7.9 billion and typed it as 79 billion. That becomes 40 million to 400 million deaths, still quite a lot.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I straight up told my mom that if she didn't want me calling her stupid, that she should stop saying and doing things a stupid person does. She got mad when I called her anti-vaxx too. She is just against this one and "that's different". I again told her to stop saying stupid people things and realize being against ANY vaccine makes you anti-vaxx. Just one of the many mental gymnastics these people perform.
Let me guess, she is an avid watcher of Faux News.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Moderna has 6-month data on it's Covid-19 vaccine.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/08/05/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/

Moderna announced these results in a press release.
Scroll down to find these COVID-19 Vaccine Development results:
COVID-19 Vaccine Development
  • Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine: Moderna has received emergency (or other conditional, interim or provisional) authorization for use of its COVID-19 vaccine in adults from health agencies in more than 50 countries and an Emergency Use Listing (EUL) from the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as authorization for use of its COVID-19 vaccine in adolescents age 12 and up in the European Union and Japan. On June 1, 2021, the Company initiated the rolling submission process for a Biologics License Application (BLA) for the vaccine in the U.S. and expects to complete its submission in August. Moderna is working with additional health agencies on the authorization and/or approval of its vaccine in additional jurisdictions. BARDA, part of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), partially supported the research and development of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine with federal funding under Contract no. 75A50120C00034. Moderna retains worldwide rights to develop and commercialize the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine.
    • Six months durability data: In final analysis of Phase 3 COVE study data, the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine showed 93% efficacy, with the efficacy remaining durable through six months after administration of the second dose.
    • Addressing Variants of Concern: In a Phase 2 study, vaccination with 50 µg of three different Moderna mRNA booster candidates induced robust antibody responses against the wildtype D614G COVID-19 strain and against important variants of concern including Gamma (P.1); Beta (B.1.351); and Delta (B.1.617.2). The booster candidates included mRNA-1273, investigational mRNA-1273.351, and investigational mRNA-1273.211. Neutralizing antibody levels following the boost approached those observed after primary vaccination with two doses of 100 µg of mRNA-1273. These data have been submitted to a peer-reviewed journal for publication.
A week ago, Pfizer announced similar results, with an overall efficacy of 91% after 6 months.

The announcements of 91% (Pfizer) and 93% (Moderna) 6 months after vaccination is similar to the results of 95% (Pfizer) and 94% (Moderna) submitted last December. I'd have to see the statistical analyses to be able to say whether these numbers are statistically different or within experimental error. I suspect they are essentially the same numbers.

More importantly, all the reports that vaccines 'loose immunity after 6 months' are nothing more than hysteria, generated by the usual sloppy, irresponsible, or dishonest news sources.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
40% of the ICU beds in Arkansas are COVID patients, and there are only 25 ICU beds available in the entire state.

>>>CHI St. Vincent is also operating at capacity. In a statement sent to THV11, CHI St. Vincent said in part:

"Unlike the prior surges in COVID-19 patients, patients currently requiring hospitalization at our facilities are younger with an approximate age range of 25 – 44. Of those patients admitted to our hospitals over the past month related to the Delta Variant of COVID-19, only one patient had been vaccinated. The rest have been unvaccinated."<<<

25 ICU beds sounds like an awful small amount for an entire state. Scratching my head on that one.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
25 ICU beds sounds like an awful small amount for an entire state. Scratching my head on that one.
That's 25 unoccupied ICU beds remaining in that state.

Don't go to Arkansas if you think you're going to be seriously ill.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That's what all viruses do, mutate rapidly. SARS-CoV-2 is no different. But it can't mutate unless it's reproducing. This requires infecting more people. As more people get infected, more virus reproductions occur, and more mutations accumulate. This is why virologists, infectious disease physicians, and all scientists, have been screaming for people to roll up their sleeves and get the jab. The best way to stop this pandemic is to vaccinate at least 80 to 90% of all people on the planet.

The alternative is to wait until everyone on earth has been infected by the virus. This will take years. An estimated 0.5% or more of the world's population will die. And that's only if no more successful mutations occur.
"It's the will of God and I can do nothing about it!"

The above is a paraphrase that pretty much describe a former neighbour that (a young woman with a child) refuses to vaccinate while still working with children. I've had this discussion with her at a number of occasions and it's nothing political about it. Just religion, the curse of mankind.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Ugggghhh. They just put out an alert in San Antonio that we are in another Covid high risk hospitals are filling fast. Over 98 fuggin % of all admissions are non vaccinated. Over 98% That's friggin ridiculous

This isn't a liberal or conservative issue it's just plain too important for that sh$t it's a greater good for everyone issue. And it's not that hard had mine months ago due to being a first responder. Zero issues one day of not feeling well after the 2nd dose and no other issues since ...
Sorry to hear that but Texas G.O.P. is on top of it to compensate for their voters dying in droves by rigging the upcoming elections:

>>>
AUSTIN — Texas Republicans will redouble their efforts to pass new voting restrictions by convening a second special House session this weekend, hardening a stalemate with Democratic legislators whose exodus to Washington had left the bill in limbo while they push for federal voting rights legislation.
“I will continue to call special session after special session to reform our broken bail system, uphold election integrity, and pass other important items that Texans demand and deserve,” Abbott said in a statement. “Passing these Special Session agenda items will chart a course towards a stronger and brighter future for the Lone Star State.
<<<

A bright future for those alive, that is ;)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry to hear that but Texas G.O.P. is on top of it to compensate for their voters dying in droves by rigging the upcoming elections:
Here's yet another story about a COVID/vaccine sceptic dying from COVID:

>>>Republican official who mocked COVID in final Facebook post dies of virus in Texas<<<

I find myself wondering what would happen if the governors in the states with high rates of vaccine resistance would just stop begging people to get vaccinated and give them what they apparently want: "The people of our state have made it clear they do not want to get vaccinated. Thus, instead of vaccines, we will be providing meat trucks to the hospitals so they can dispose of the former citizens of this state in a timely and efficient manner."

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis