M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I'll take the risks of the jabs any day compared to the risks of COVID:

>>>There is a much higher risk of brain blood clots from COVID-19 infection than there is from vaccines against the disease, British researchers said on Thursday, after the rollout of inoculations was disrupted by reports of rare clots.<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Wife got her second this morning at 10:30. So far not even any soreness.

Update: The day after some soreness a littel headache and just felt tired. Lasted about 24 hours.

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I'll take the risks of the jabs any day compared to the risks of COVID:

>>>There is a much higher risk of brain blood clots from COVID-19 infection than there is from vaccines against the disease, British researchers said on Thursday, after the rollout of inoculations was disrupted by reports of rare clots.<<<

The people who had brain blood clots following administration of either the Astra-Zeneca or the J & J vaccines were women younger than 55.

There seems to be no report on this, but I strongly suspect that most of them were taking birth control pills. As we know, those contraceptives increase the risk of suffering from thrombotic events.

Would that most likely explain why only younger females and no male have had the problem?

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The people who had brain blood clots following administration of either the Astra-Zeneca or the J & J vaccines were women younger than 55.

There seems to be no report on this, but I strongly suspect that most of them were taking birth control pills. As we know, those contraceptives increase the risk of suffering from thrombotic events.

Would that most likely explain why only younger females and no male have had the problem?
Meanwhile, Ontario and Alberta have lowered the age restriction for the AZ vaccine to 40, as the 3rd wave has burst into flames in those provinces. The benefits surely outweigh the risks at this point.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has done such a bad job, that even the Washington Post is urging him to resign.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The Director of the CDC, Rochelle Walensky says that the CDC has received less than 6,000 reports of 'breakthrough' Covid-19 infections among the more than 84 million fully vaccinated people shows that the vaccines are working.

6,000 ÷ 84,000,000 × 100 = 0.007%

About 30% of those 6,000 infections were symptom-free. That's PDG!!

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The Director of the CDC, Rochelle Walensky says that the CDC has received less than 6,000 reports of 'breakthrough' Covid-19 infections among the more than 84 million fully vaccinated people shows that the vaccines are working.

6,000 ÷ 84,000,000 × 100 = 0.007%

About 30% of those 6,000 infections were symptom-free. That's PDG!!
Some of the media coverage of the breakthrough cases seems excessive given how rare it actually is.

This is not directly related, but it looks like Chile is finding out the hard way that the first dose of the Sinovac vaccine is not (by itself) very effective.

>>>On Friday, Chilean authorities released the results of a study of 10.5 million people, showing the vaccine was 16% effective against infection after one dose and 67% effective after a second dose. The study also found it to be 80% effective in preventing death from Covid-19 two weeks after a second dose.

That is lower than the vaccine made by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE, for example. Research published in February in the Lancet medical journal found that one dose of the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine was 85% effective in preventing symptomatic disease 15 to 28 days after being given, according to a peer-reviewed observational study of about 9,000 people in Israel.

Research also found the vaccine’s efficacy to be 91.3% up to six months after getting the second dose, Pfizer and BioNTech said.<<<

https://www.wsj.com/articles/first-dose-of-chinese-covid-19-vaccine-offers-little-protection-chile-learns-11618775502

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
These kind of reports bring me back to sometime a year ago when people were discussing the reproduction number (R0, Rzero) of SARS-CoV-2. We knew the virus was rather infectious, but we couldn't put a number on it yet. Rzero is defined as the average number of new infections caused by each case. Now, we know SARS-CoV-2's Rzero is somewhere between 2.5 and 4. You can compare it's Rzero to other infectious diseases and also to the estimated Herd Immunity Threshold (HIT).

1618871195159.png

That Wikipedia page has some simplified math that shows a relationship between Rzero and HIT. All the math assumes that the population of people is entirely susceptible to the disease (no inborn immunity); that the population is homogeneous (well-mixed), and that each individual person can come into contact with every other susceptible individual in the whole population. The math assumes there are no isolated pockets of people such as Wyoming or West Virginia, or concentrated pockets like in New York or other cities. And the math assumes there are no groups who resist getting vaccinated. Let's skip all the math and go straight to the graph of Rzero vs. HIT (below).

It shows Covid-19 has an estimated threshold of Herd Immunity Threshold of 60% to 75%. (the green zone in the graph.) I may be optimistic, but perhaps we can actually hit that this year. Because the ideal conditions that were assumed to work out the math don't exist in the real world, we'll actually need to immunize more than 60% to 75%. But it's better than the 95% needed for herd immunity to measles.
1618871458498.png

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Let's see, who was dumber? Ted Nugent, for being an ignorant fool, or Newsweek, for wasting time reporting on the rantings of a fool. I'll call it a tie.
I'm voting for Ted. He seems to be a slow learner.

>>>Nugent, in a Facebook Live Tuesday, said he tested positive for the virus. ""I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days. I thought I was dying," Nugent said. . . . "I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days," he said.<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Some of the media coverage of the breakthrough cases seems excessive given how rare it actually is.

This is not directly related, but it looks like Chile is finding out the hard way that the first dose of the Sinovac vaccine is not (by itself) very effective.

>>>On Friday, Chilean authorities released the results of a study of 10.5 million people, showing the vaccine was 16% effective against infection after one dose and 67% effective after a second dose. The study also found it to be 80% effective in preventing death from Covid-19 two weeks after a second dose.

That is lower than the vaccine made by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE, for example. Research published in February in the Lancet medical journal found that one dose of the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine was 85% effective in preventing symptomatic disease 15 to 28 days after being given, according to a peer-reviewed observational study of about 9,000 people in Israel.

Research also found the vaccine’s efficacy to be 91.3% up to six months after getting the second dose, Pfizer and BioNTech said.<<<

https://www.wsj.com/articles/first-dose-of-chinese-covid-19-vaccine-offers-little-protection-chile-learns-11618775502
Im so very weary of anything the media says these days as they can slant anything in order to boost ratings.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
COVID appears to be out of control in India right now. It looks like the situation there could be truely horrific very soon.

>>>Authorities said hospitals in the Indian capital of Delhi would start running out of medical oxygen by Wednesday as Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the country faced a coronavirus "storm" overwhelming its health system.

Major government hospitals in the city of 20 million people had between eight and 24 hours' worth of oxygen while some private ones had enough for just four to five hours, said Delhi's deputy chief minister, Manish Sisodia.

"If we don't get enough supplies by tomorrow morning, it will be a disaster," he said, calling for urgent help from the federal government. . . . One local [Delhi] hospital with more than 500 COVID-19 patients on oxygen has enough supplies for only four hours, Delhi's health minister Satyendar Jain said late on Tuesday. . . . Several major cities are already reporting far larger numbers of cremations and burials under coronavirus protocols than those in official COVID-19 death tolls, according to crematorium and cemetery workers, the media and a review of government data.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
There are reports of double and triple mutations in the COVID virus in India, but it's not clear to me how significant this is. According to the article and nature.com (2nd link below), there isn't a consensus right now on what is driving the surge in India.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Got my first shot of the AZ vaccine this afternoon. I don't know what all the kerfuffle is about. I feel fi

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Wife got her second this morning at 10:30. So far not even any soreness.

Update: The day after some soreness a littel headache and just felt tired. Lasted about 24 hours.
You Dam Fools! GO GET YOUR SHOTS!!:) If you Die from any one of the shots than it was to meant to be. The 1st shot is a happy shot!. The 2nd shot will let you know your still alive and sick like you where before the 1st shot.:D

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You Dam Fools! GO GET YOUR SHOTS!!:) If you Die from any one of the shots than it was to meant to be. The 1st shot is a happy shot!. The 2nd shot will let you know your still alive and sick like you where before the 1st shot.:D
You finally feeling better? I know you were having a rough time there for a bit so hoping you're doing better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis