D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Wife got her first Monday, no issues, not even a sore arm. OF course she went shopping afterwards, so that might explain, it as her trunk was loaded. Exercise that arm LOL
Your bling, or hers? Makes a world of diff. ;)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Now to just figure out a way to monetize it.
Look at the political right side for dumb f*ckers patriotic law-abiding citizens with money to donate. Look at Trump on how to extract money, like when he asked for money to his "Stop the Steal" scam fund. Right-wing dumb f*ckers patriotic law-abiding citizens does not need to read the fine print as to where their money is going :D

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This article is somewhat speculative, but it suggests that the coronavirus may have a limited number of possible escape mutations. I guess the question is what additional mutations might occur once the variants are subject to immunity resulting from amended vaccines?

>>>The appearance of similar mutations, independent of one another, springing up in different parts of the globe shows the coronavirus is undergoing “convergent evolution,” according to a dozen scientists interviewed by Reuters.

Although it will continue to mutate, immunologists and virologists said they suspect this coronavirus has a fixed number of moves in its arsenal.

The long-term impact for the virus’ survival, and whether a limit on the number of mutations makes it less dangerous, remains to be seen.

“It is plausible that this virus has a relatively limited number of antibody escape mutations it can make before it has played all of its cards, so to speak,” said Shane Crotty, a virologist at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology in San Diego.<<<

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
The sides effects of my second Moderna dose lasted a little over one day for me. I guess I got lucky. Some people really struggle for several days, 48 hours really did the trick for me.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Does anyone know if the current Pfizer and Moderna vaccines protect against the P.1 variant?

Antibodies taken from patients who received the Moderna vaccine showed reduced ability to neutralize the coronavirus variants found in South Africa (B.1.351), Brazil (P.1), and in California (B.1.427/B.1.429). The good news is that the B.1.1.7 (UK variant) response was not affected.

Not good. Despite my recent vaccination, my hands will continue to be washed, safe distance will be maintained between people and my mask is staying on.

Last edited:
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
My neighbor of 30 years died from Covid. He was hospitalized mid February, never came home. 79 years old.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
My neighbor of 30 years died from Covid. He was hospitalized mid February, never came home. 79 years old.
I am so sorry to hear.

The deaths now sting twice as much, now that we have a way to fight this thing.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Does anyone know if the current Pfizer and Moderna vaccines protect against the P.1 variant?

Antibodies taken from patients who received the Moderna vaccine showed reduced ability to neutralize the coronavirus variants found in South Africa (B.1.351), Brazil (P.1), and in California (B.1.427/B.1.429). The good news is that the B.1.1.7 (UK variant) response was not affected.

Not good. Despite my recent vaccination, my hands will continue to be washed, safe distance will be maintained between people and my mask is staying on.
From 2 days ago
: https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/article/feature/everything-you-need-to-know-about-covid-19-vaccines

Even after my sec shot I still wear my mask, wash my hands and mind my distance. The vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting Coivd but puts the odds in your favor from getting sick enough to be admitted to the hospital.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Yesterday, I got my 2nd shot of the Moderna vaccine. So far, my shoulder is only mildly sore, nothing like I had expected.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Any fever or aches Swerd?
No fever, only minor shoulder soreness.

Aches, as in knees, hands, elbows, and other joints – yes. But, no worse than what I usually have, especially in the morning, with or without a vaccination.

Edit one day later: That general ache in all my joints is gone this morning. Maybe it was vaccine related. Still no fever, and less shoulder soreness than yesterday.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry to hear that. There is something about it that is even worse now that vaccines are becoming available.

>>>Charlotte Crawford, who has spent 40 years working in the microbiology laboratory at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, was fully immunized in January after receiving two doses of the Moderna vaccine because of her work. Yet she then endured the agony of watching her husband and two adult children contract COVID-19 and die before they could get shots.

Henry Royce Crawford, 65, had an appointment for a vaccine when he fell ill, his widow said. Their children, Roycie Crawford, 33, and Natalia Crawford, 38, also wanted the shot but had yet to find one when they got sick and died, Crawford said.<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry to hear that. There is something about it that is even worse now that vaccines are becoming available.

>>>Charlotte Crawford, who has spent 40 years working in the microbiology laboratory at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, was fully immunized in January after receiving two doses of the Moderna vaccine because of her work. Yet she then endured the agony of watching her husband and two adult children contract COVID-19 and die before they could get shots.

Henry Royce Crawford, 65, had an appointment for a vaccine when he fell ill, his widow said. Their children, Roycie Crawford, 33, and Natalia Crawford, 38, also wanted the shot but had yet to find one when they got sick and died, Crawford said.<<<

Sorry to hear that,

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I've been seeing a few articles about COVID and natural killer (NK) cells. Trials of NK therapies are apparently underway, but I haven't found much information concerning the results.

>>>Normally, the antiviral immune response of natural killer cells (NK cells) is an important step in combating viral replication in the early phase of the infection. On their surface, these killer cells have special, activating receptors, including the NKG2C receptor, which communicates with an infected cell via one of its specialized surface structures, HLA-E.

This interaction results in the destruction of virus-infected cells. However, due to a genetic variation, approximately 4% of the population naturally lacks the activation receptor NKG2C, and in 30% of the population, this receptor is only partially available.

A research group from the Center for Virology at the Medical University of Vienna, led by Elisabeth Puchhammer-Stöckl, has now shown, in collaboration with doctors from Klinik Favoriten, that people with a partial or total absence of the NKG2C receptor are most likely to develop severe COVID-19.<<<

>>>Our data show that these genetic variants in the NKG2C/HLA-E axis have a significant impact on the development of severe SARS-CoV-2 infections, and may help to identify patients at high-risk for severe COVID-19.<<<

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Wifey and I got appointments for our vaccine on Saturday. 40+ miles away, but worth the effort. :)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Wifey and I got appointments for our vaccine on Saturday. 40+ miles away, but worth the effort. :)
Good to hear that. 40+ miles away is nothing.

It seems like more & more people are getting vaccinated. Even in Texas ;).

And there is more & more good news about how very effective these vaccines are. Most of the reports I've seen are about the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, but I've heard nothing to suggest that the J&J or AstraZeneca vaccines are really any less effective. That AZ vaccine is not yet available in the USA, but it has been widely used elsewhere.

At this point, we know that nearly all people vaccinated with either the Pfizer or the Moderna vaccines do not get infected at all for at least 4 months after their vaccinations. This includes symptom-less infections that we knew people got before vaccinations were available. As time passes, we'll know more about how long these vaccines are effective. I believe similar data about the AZ vaccine is available in the UK, but I'm not familiar with it.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Good to hear that. 40+ miles away is nothing.

It seems like more & more people are getting vaccinated. Even in Texas ;).

And there is more & more good news about how very effective these vaccines are. Most of the reports I've seen are about the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, but I've heard nothing to suggest that the J&J or AstraZeneca vaccines are really any less effective. That AZ vaccine is not yet available in the USA, but it has been widely used elsewhere.

At this point, we know that nearly all people vaccinated with either the Pfizer or the Moderna vaccines do not get infected at all for at least 4 months after their vaccinations. This includes symptom-less infections that we knew people got before vaccinations were available. As time passes, we'll know more about how long these vaccines are effective. I believe similar data about the AZ vaccine is available in the UK, but I'm not familiar with it.

Vaccinations are moving along , not fast enough but they are getting there.https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html

In our state, Beginning the following Monday, April 5, all individuals age 18 and older will be eligible to receive the vaccine. The real question will the young actually do it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis