M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like the infamous E484K mutation has occurred in a new variant identified in NYC:

>>>A new COVID-19 strain is spreading at an alarming rate in New York City, according to two academic studies submitted this week. The research from teams at Caltech and Columbia, which has not yet been peer reviewed, suggests that the variant known as B.1.526 could dampen the effectiveness of some current vaccine candidates. . . . The variant known as B.1.526 began showing up in samples collected in New York City in November. . . . That the coronavirus is changing in similar ways on different continents — the New York, Brazilian, South African, and British variants all feature the E484K mutation — suggest that the mutations have resulted in the more effective spread of the virus. “What we’re seeing is similar mutations arising in multiple places,” Adam Lauring, a virologist at the University of Michigan, told Scientific American last month. “That’s pretty suggestive that these mutations are doing something.” And though a two-dose regimen of the Pfizer shot has been proven to protect 90 percent of those inoculated against the U.K. and South African strains, the mutation of the virus over the past year shows that vaccines will need to be adjusted for the long run as the coronavirus becomes a part of life on Earth.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The wife and I have appointments at Costco for the vaccine tomorrow.
Nice! I will be so glad when I can finally get it.

It's ironic that the rich and powerful jump their place in line to get the vaccine, while others who are offered the vaccine decline it. I know a person who said he would initially decline it because he believes he is in a relatively low risk category and others need it more, but most of the people declining it appear to be basing their decision on an inaccurate perception of the risk.

>>>A wave of corruption scandals is exposing how the powerful and well-connected in South America jumped the line to get vaccines early. Public dismay is turning into anger.<<<

>>>By the thousands, U.S. service members are refusing or putting off the Covid-19 vaccine as frustrated commanders scramble to knock down internet rumors and find the right pitch that will persuade troops to get the shot.<<<

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Nice! I will be so glad when I can finally get it.

It's ironic that the rich and powerful jump their place in line to get the vaccine, while others who are offered the vaccine decline it. I know a person who said he would initially decline it because he believes he is in a relatively low risk category and others need it more, but most of the people declining it appear to be basing their decision on an inaccurate perception of the risk.

>>>A wave of corruption scandals is exposing how the powerful and well-connected in South America jumped the line to get vaccines early. Public dismay is turning into anger.<<<

>>>By the thousands, U.S. service members are refusing or putting off the Covid-19 vaccine as frustrated commanders scramble to knock down internet rumors and find the right pitch that will persuade troops to get the shot.<<<

During my time in the Navy, we had a special contempt for the Army.
Some Army units are seeing as few as one-third agree to the vaccine. Military leaders searching for answers believe they have identified one potential convincer: an imminent deployment. Navy sailors on ships heading out to sea last week, for example, were choosing to take the shot at rates exceeding 80 percent to 90 percent.
“I think the most amusing one I heard was, ‘The Army always tells me what to do, they gave me a choice, so I said no’,” he said.
The officer said one Marine, citing a widely circulated and false conspiracy theory, said: “I heard that this thing is actually a tracking device.” The medical staff, said the officer, quickly debunked that theory, and pointed to the Marine’s cellphone, noting that it’s an effective tracker.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
My first shot was on Tuesday. No side effects, yea ! . .Advice, get it in your dominate arm. It will keep you from getting sore after the shot. At least it did it for me.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I will be one of the last in the US since I'm not old enough and I work from home and have no previous conditions. Yay, I guess?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
News Report: "China denies requiring anal swabs from US diplomats."

What's interesting is that China does not deny that it administered the anal swabs, just that they were "never required." My first reaction: define "required."

Moving along, perhaps anal swabs are the key to controlling the pandemic (Chinese Government: "Have been outside your house in the past 10 days? . . . Yes, okay, time for an anal swab!")(that's intended as a joke)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
My first shot was on Tuesday. No side effects, yea ! . .Advice, get it in your dominate arm. It will keep you from getting sore after the shot. At least it did it for me.
I think some may have more soreness because, since they don't do anything more than press buttons and stare at their phones, they don't have a dominant arm.

Let us know if you do have some symptoms.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I think some may have more soreness because, since they don't do anything more than press buttons and stare at their phones, they don't have a dominant arm.

Let us know if you do have some symptoms.
Its been 3 full days since my shot, NO side effects at all. OF course the 2nd shot on 3/17 could be different, but we shall see. From speaking to my ENT daughter, she notes a lot of people over 60 seem to encountered a headache for 24 hours after the 2nd shot and the younger crowd ( medical personnel under 65 ) seems to encounter some aches, a fever and at times nausea, but not all.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Its been 3 full days since my shot, NO side effects at all. OF course the 2nd shot on 3/17 could be different, but we shall see. From speaking to my ENT daughter, she notes a lot of people over 60 seem to encountered a headache for 24 hours after the 2nd shot and the younger crowd ( medical personnel under 65 ) seems to encounter some aches, a fever and at times nausea, but not all.
Glad to hear its going well for you.

Of the people I know who've gotten a jab (a relatively small number of people), none have experienced any side effects other than slight soreness in the arm.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
A study released today from Addenbrooke Hospital Cambridge, showed that the Pfizer vaccine reduces asymptomatic spread by 75%. This is really good new, and will speed up getting this pandemic behind us.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I'm guessing most people have hard about this already, but deaths among nursing home residents have been dropping rapidly since the vaccinations started.

>>>From late December to early February, new cases among nursing home residents fell by more than 80 percent, nearly double the rate of improvement in the general population. The trendline for deaths was even more striking: Even as fatalities spiked over all this winter, deaths inside the facilities have fallen, decreasing by more than 65 percent.<<<

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Just got my 2nd Moderna shot (I'm 65) and I do feel fortunate. I will still wear a mask indoors and practice social distancing since I could still be a carrier. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction. :)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Just got my 2nd Moderna shot (I'm 65) and I do feel fortunate. I will still wear a mask indoors and practice social distancing since I could still be a carrier. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction. :)
You lucky dog! (yes, that was a reference to your avatar)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
That's awesome.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Father in law got his second dose a few days ago.

First dose had no issues, the second made him get a fever and aches for a couple of days, but after that he's all good. Apparently that's pretty common.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Father in law got his second dose a few days ago.

First dose had no issues, the second made him get a fever and aches for a couple of days, but after that he's all good. Apparently that's pretty common.
Thats what I'm hearing as side effects on the second dose.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis