TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Honestly with the way the reopening got handled do you even think its realistic to open up schools in the US?

I've read a lot of articles on it and it almost seems impossible to set it up with safe social distancing

As you correctly pointed out maybe not if we had reopened correctly but with the virus spreading at the level it is now is it even possible?
No that is not possible. Take Florida, they now have 11,000 children testing positive. You can not open schools in this sort of chaos. Teacher will get infected and other workers like bus driver will quickly come down with the virus. Many are Hispanic and high risk groups.

It is clear to me we are heading for a massive disaster that will turn into one of the greatest tragedies the world has ever experienced. Closed schools will be the least of our problems. We are now quickly approaching the point were this can not be pulled back.
I think the AMA and nursing associations need to tell authorities that they need to be in total control of this pandemic at this point or they will close the hospitals.

highfigh

highfigh

It's almost like it's more important to focus on being WOKE so to say then it is to focus on this pandemic which is really close to just trainwrecking this nation the platform has gotten away from focusing on this still most important issue
I have two words to say to them- WOKE THIS.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I'm so frustrated right now but all I can do is do my part and stay positive

After Abbott finally mandated masks and other measures there were news reports of counties and law enforcement in areas saying they would not enforce it face palm anyone?

He's said that a lockdown will be the last resort but he did finally do the right thing and if people refuse to comply he did state if people won't do what they are supposed to do and it gets worse we would lock down again

In San Antonio our numbers began to drop but they are picking up again and it'll be even worse because canyon lake and one or 2 places remained open for the 4rth and it was packed some friends told me when they drove past

It makes you want to bang your head through a wall man why is it so f@$!in hard for people to comply with this? The whole Damn world has to be looking at us like we are just straight up idiots it's humiliating to be honest

And then the political options we got to pick from come November Trump and the right on 1 side and then the Left which has lately just looked like they have flat out lost there Damn minds lately.

Man @TLS Guy is right we are just so f@$ked right now

Just gotta keep my head down and keep on truckin tho boy 2021 where u at?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hell this pandemic gets any worse if we can't get our sh@$ together they won't have anything to WAKE UP TO its almost funny when you think about it just how f@$ked up people's perspectives are.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
It makes you want to bang your head through a wall man why is it so f@$!in hard for people to comply with this? The whole Damn world has to be looking at us like we are just straight up idiots it's humiliating to be honest
Because the die was cast when it was downplayed at the beginning. Once that "unimportance" was ingrained into people's heads, it got lodged there like a damn dog tick. It's too late to walk it back.

The US missed its window to get this thing in the bottle. If 110+ degree heat isn't slowing it down, the outlook when the weather cools is horrific. And the longer it lingers around, the greater the chance it has to mutate into something even worse. If we had collectively sucked it up for a few weeks back in Feb/March we would be looking at a much better scenario.

60-70 thousand new cases a day and rising. Don't be surprised t see 2000+ daily deaths by the end of the month. If it doesn't happen, then thank your deity of choice that our medical professionals brought their A Game.

Trump wanted to make America an island, and he got his wish. Nobody in or out, and the rest of the world can just watch us destroy ourselves. "American exceptionalism" turned out to be exceptionally stupid.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Air conditioning is the new Virus spread mechanism. That's why Summer has become a super spread event - even with masks. This virus won't die until every living thing around it is dead.

Most people, especially women are emotionally uncomfortable with the type of isolation required to stay safe. I see depression creeping into the lives of social butterflies. Zoom and FaceTime don't seem to help their pain.

highfigh

highfigh

Hell this pandemic gets any worse if we can't get our sh@$ together they won't have anything to WAKE UP TO its almost funny when you think about it just how f@$ked up people's perspectives are.
Again, social media has caused a lot of problems in how people communicate their anger and hatred. When they don't need to temper their comments and don't bother to take the time to consider their words after seeing something they strongly disagree with or take immediate exception to, they fire off replies that anger others just as much and the firestorm begins. People who had been friends for decades no longer want anything to do with each other, they post memes, links and repeat comments that have no basis in fact and the flood of BS grown into a tsunami. One of the worst things- people don't bother to find out what they're talking about by doing a simple google search on the one thing that has made finding information easier than at any time in history.

1594645548715.png

highfigh

highfigh

And then the political options we got to pick from come November Trump and the right on 1 side and then the Left which has lately just looked like they have flat out lost there Damn minds lately.

Man @TLS Guy is right we are just so f@$ked right now

Just gotta keep my head down and keep on truckin tho boy 2021 where u at?
People have become so worried about the way people see them they can't go without being in a crowd for five minutes. Having a COVID party or protesting in large groups are two of the pinnacles of stupidity and in my life, I have seen a lot of stupid.

It's not the year that's the problem, it's the way people have sunk to new lows of stupidity and arrogance.

highfigh

highfigh

It could be argued that people have been living too close to too many others for too long- high population density causes people to interact with others they don't get along with because they have little choice if they want/need to go out of the house or, as is the case due to quarantine- look at the increase in murder and domestic violence. Look at the way some people in government are trying to change cities from car-centric to pedestrian zones with high rise apartments & condos with everything people need within walking distance or by using mass transit- they want to make their cities look pretty, but aren't doing anything for the inner cities and those whose living conditions could be called 'appalling'.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for all the feedback guys on my last post good stuff I got a lot from it

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Again, social media has caused a lot of problems in how people communicate their anger and hatred. When they don't need to temper their comments and don't bother to take the time to consider their words after seeing something they strongly disagree with or take immediate exception to, they fire off replies that anger others just as much and the firestorm begins. People who had been friends for decades no longer want anything to do with each other, they post memes, links and repeat comments that have no basis in fact and the flood of BS grown into a tsunami. One of the worst things- people don't bother to find out what they're talking about by doing a simple google search on the one thing that has made finding information easier than at any time in history.
I basically agree with everything you said.

Steve Bannon reportedly said in 2018: "The Democrats don’t matter. The real opposition is the media. And the way to deal with them is to flood the zone with sh*t.” This mode of thinking apparently has some appeal, but it's a moronic way to deal with a pandemic.

One thing that puzzles me is why so many ordinary people (i.e. people who are not political operatives) post memes and other crap that can be proven false in a few seconds with a google search.

A variation on the crap theme are the conspiracy theories along the lines of "Fauchi once helped develop a vaccine, vaccine companies will make millions from COVID-19, Fauchi is touting vaccines, coincidence?" (I just made that up, I'm not referring to any specific conspiracy). The implied but unstated fact in this made up example is that Faucci must be getting a secret financial kickback. The conspiracies are often wildly implausible, but difficult to disprove in an absolute sense because they may include a few facts that are accurate, but imply additional facts (e.g. a secret financial kickback) without actually asserting these implied additional facts.

What's interesting is that some of the conspiracies seem to evolve as they are debunked. I saw a meme a few days that implied hospitals are implanting something when they swab a person for a COVID test. This one did not include any specific statements about what was being implanted or why it would be done. Earlier versions asserted that Bill Gates was behind it and chips were being implanted, but these were widely debunked based at least in part on denials by Gates. It appears to me that someone removed the specific factual allegations from the conspiracy as a way to make it more difficult to debunk.

I guess the "beauty" of conspiracies (if one's goal is to flood the zone with sh*t) is that it is a tool of sorts to shift the fact burden onto the person who does not believe the conspiracy (e.g. the proponent will assert the conspiracy it true unless a negative can be proven such as Fauchi is not getting any financial kickback).

My impression is that in many cases the person posting the crap doesn't care if it's true because they view it as helping their team (or tribe, if you prefer), and their primary goal is for their team to win (i.e. they are Steve Bannon wannabes). On the other hand, some people do seem to honestly believe all sorts of bizarre stuff.

highfigh

highfigh

I basically agree with everything you said.

Steve Bannon reportedly said in 2018: "The Democrats don’t matter. The real opposition is the media. And the way to deal with them is to flood the zone with sh*t.” This mode of thinking apparently has some appeal, but it's a moronic way to deal with a pandemic.

One thing that puzzles me is why so many ordinary people (i.e. people who are not political operatives) post memes and other crap that can be proven false in a few seconds with a google search.

A variation on the crap theme are the conspiracy theories along the lines of "Fauchi once helped develop a vaccine, vaccine companies will make millions from COVID-19, Fauchi is touting vaccines, coincidence?" (I just made that up, I'm not referring to any specific conspiracy). The implied but unstated fact in this made up example is that Faucci must be getting a secret financial kickback. The conspiracies are often wildly implausible, but difficult to disprove in an absolute sense because they may include a few facts that are accurate, but imply additional facts (e.g. a secret financial kickback) without actually asserting these implied additional facts.

What's interesting is that some of the conspiracies seem to evolve as they are debunked. I saw a meme a few days that implied hospitals are implanting something when they swab a person for a COVID test. This one did not include any specific statements about what was being implanted or why it would be done. Earlier versions asserted that Bill Gates was behind it and chips were being implanted, but these were widely debunked based at least in part on denials by Gates. It appears to me that someone removed the specific factual allegations from the conspiracy as a way to make it more difficult to debunk.

I guess the "beauty" of conspiracies (if one's goal is to flood the zone with sh*t) is that it is a tool of sorts to shift the fact burden onto the person who does not believe the conspiracy (e.g. the proponent will assert the conspiracy it true unless a negative can be proven such as Fauchi is not getting any financial kickback).

My impression is that in many cases the person posting the crap doesn't care if it's true because they view it as helping their team (or tribe, if you prefer), and their primary goal is for their team to win (i.e. they are Steve Bannon wannabes). On the other hand, some people do seem to honestly believe all sorts of bizarre stuff.
You're puzzled by people posting BS that can be de-bunked? It's their laziness that causes it.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

This clown of a President otherwise known as Trump, can find no depths to which he will descend. He retweeted this beauty from Chuck Wollery today.

“Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it’s all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I’m sick of it,” Woolery wrote in a tweet shared by the president.

This from an idiot who came up with the risable suggestion of deep cleaning the human body with Chlorox and ultra violet light!

Undermining hard working medical workers doing their best to understand this novel infectious disease and get the country and the world thought it, is a new low. What a disgusting individual he is!.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

This from an idiot who came up with the risable suggestion of deep cleaning the human body with Chlorox and ultra violet light!
I am curious why not a news person asked him how well that Clorox and the light worked out for him, asking for dosages. ;)

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Scientists and physicians at the University of Michigan report that critically ill COVID-19 patients who received a single dose of Tocilizumab, a monoclonal antibody that blocks signalling via a cytokine called interleukin-6 (IL-6) and it's receptor IL-6R, were 45% less likely to die overall, and more likely to be out of the hospital or off a ventilator one month after treatment, compared with those who didn’t receive the drug.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa954/5870306

Full text as a PDF.

This antibody is effective at preventing immune systems from overreacting – it can protect patients from the worst effects of cytokine release syndrome, calm the so-called cytokine storm.

This is real progress. And it's much better than hydroxychloroquine or bleach.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis