Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Trump to sign Executive order on Social-Media
Companies on Thursday.:)

Twiiter declined comment.
Twitter shares down 2.6%. other Social media sites down also.:cool:
And? Is it worth the paper it is written on? I guess he doesn't like to be corrected about his lies.
His post wasn't redacted or deleted, just flagged for interested parties to get the facts.
He has no legal standing to enforce. Perhaps with the federal courts stacked it might be an interesting theater to watch.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
And? Is it worth the paper it is written on? I guess he doesn't like to be corrected about his lies.
His post wasn't redacted or deleted, just flagged for interested parties to get the facts.
He has no legal standing to enforce. Perhaps with the federal courts stacked it might be an interesting theater to watch.
Would have been nice if all the social media platforms had done this from the beginning...to all the groups spreading misinformed nonsense (flat earthers, I'm looking at you).

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
this was a post about mail in voting most likely leading to voter fraud, the link they added was to a CNN article. We all know how accurate they are.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Would have been nice if all the social media platforms had done this from the beginning...to all the groups spreading misinformed nonsense (flat earthers, I'm looking at you).
I am hearing that Sec 232 what ever that is encourages moderating social media such as twitter.
He may have stirred up a hornet's nest that will not serve him well. perhaps his tweets will now be just deleted. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

this was a post about mail in voting most likely leading to voter fraud, the link they added was to a CNN article. We all know how accurate they are.
Yes, voter fraud. :)
And we know how much that happens. I remember not long ago a county had to redo their election because of a republican effort to voter fraud, don't we. :D

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
That New York Times paper is not a very thorough information. It was recently reported that the antibody tests were not that precise, as some people tested as having coronavirus antibodies, and that could be for any of four previous coronaviruses as well. IMO, there is no absolute guarantee that we have accurate results for the current pandemic virus, and that the reported antibody compilation results would be inflated.

Last edited:
chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Yes, voter fraud. :)
And we know how much that happens. I remember not long ago a county had to redo their election because of a republican effort to voter fraud, don't we. :D
I would be against it PERIOD, mailing random ballots with no controls would never be abused.:rolleyes:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I would be against it PERIOD, mailing random ballots with no controls would never be abused.:rolleyes:

Well, it isn't random ballots or random mailing. It is mailed to registered voters.
Yes, NC had an incident in 2018 and the state took care of it. A success story.

1285 proven case out of how many million cast ballots one way or another? This is not a democrat or republican issue as republicans love it as well in may states where it has worked in their favor. Interesting. Utah loves it as well.
You prosecute the fraudsters.
Trump is just scared s...less of it as more will vote.
And, what is the difference between absentee ballots and mailed ballots? Not much. If you accept one must accept it all. What will military personnel do? Not be allowed to vote?

How about all those machines out there without paper trail? Ripe for fraud and hacking.
Just excuses.

Maybe we should have mandatory voting.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, it isn't random ballots or random mailing. It is mailed to registered voters.
Yes, NC had an incident in 2018 and the state took care of it. A success story.

1285 proven case out of how many million cast ballots one way or another? This is not a democrat or republican issue as republicans love it as well in may states where it has worked in their favor. Interesting. Utah loves it as well.
You prosecute the fraudsters.
Trump is just scared s...less of it as more will vote.
And, what is the difference between absentee ballots and mailed ballots? Not much. If you accept one must accept it all. What will military personnel do? Not be allowed to vote?

How about all those machines out there without paper trail? Ripe for fraud and hacking.
Just excuses.

Maybe we should have mandatory voting.
That and the voting machines are sold old and out of date they have to buy parts off eBay. It would save so much time and effort to just have mail in, or secure online voting. Granted the government isn't exactly good at websites so that would take a ton of time.

It's also dumb that election day isn't a national holiday so more people can make the effort to vote. For a lot can't just take off work or go after as the polls would be closed. Wouldn't help doctors and nurses that work 12 he shifts though, so mail in makes much more sense.

If doing something as important as voting is bad through the mail, why was it ok for the census to be conducted through the mail? Oh wait, you could also do the census online. Weird.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That and the voting machines are sold old and out of date they have to buy parts off eBay. It would save so much time and effort to just have mail in, or secure online voting. Granted the government isn't exactly good at websites so that would take a ton of time.
Secure online voting is very hard to implement as it will be vulnerable to hacking, other types of election frauds or just plain mistakes/bugs, as it leaves no paper trail to verify the poll results. The same goes for use of voting machines that leaves no paper trail.

It's also dumb that election day isn't a national holiday so more people can make the effort to vote. For a lot can't just take off work or go after as the polls would be closed. Wouldn't help doctors and nurses that work 12 he shifts though, so mail in makes much more sense.
I've always wondered why in US election day is not a public holiday or on Saturday/Sunday for national elections, which is common elsewhere: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_day

Sweden does not have mail in voting, but you can go to a polling station 18 days before election day where you have to show your voting card as well as ID. Before election day a polling station can be your local public library or some other public office.

In any case, if there was an election now, Sweden would be better able to have an election during a pandemic than USA.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I am hearing that Sec 232 what ever that is encourages moderating social media such as twitter.
He may have stirred up a hornet's nest that will not serve him well. perhaps his tweets will now be just deleted. :D
No. He's stirred up a hornets nest that will distract you from his handling of COVID-19. Just like his handling of COVID-19 distracted you from the thing before it. Immigrant children are still being held in cages. Russia is still meddling in US elections. We still aren't in the Paris Climate accords. Medical bankruptsies are still the most common form.

Next, he'll say some stuff on the rioting to distract you as he attacks free speech in an executive order; and it will keep working.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Secure online voting is very hard to implement as it will be vulnerable to hacking, other types of election frauds or just plain mistakes/bugs, as it leaves no paper trail to verify the poll results. The same goes for use of voting machines that leaves no paper trail.
Like eCommerce.

I've always wondered why in US election day is not a public holiday or on Saturday/Sunday for national elections, which is common elsewhere: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_day
Because, if it were, more poor people would vote.

highfigh

highfigh

This is what happens when opinions become more important than facts- that's the real problem caused by social media.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
We don't need to have Election day as a national holiday, most states have early voting. I rarely vote on the day of, I usually go on the weekend or later after work. So there isnt any excuse for anyone not to vote.

Absentee ballots have controls, your address has to be correct, you have to physically request the ballot (some state allow that to be automatic for a time period).

The problem with vote by mail is that they will just send a ballot automatically to every registered voter at a particular address, even if they don't live there and even if they are dead. Now you are giving an open invitation for people to use all the votes, also what if someone doesn't care to vote what stops their family member from voting for them essentially getting 2 or more votes.. just seems to me to many kinks to work out. Every state would have to verify every person was still living and still at the same address before hand.

At the end of the day as you all have said, we already have it, Absentee ballot everybody can do it already you just have to put the effort in to get it, and mail it in on time.

Whats the problem with this? please tell me.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
We don't need to have Election day as a national holiday, most states have early voting. I rarely vote on the day of, I usually go on the weekend or later after work. So there isnt any excuse for anyone not to vote.
You mean you personally don't need it to be a national holiday, but other democratic countries has the election day on saturday/sunday or as a national holiday. Elections is a very important part of how we practice democracy and a wide participation is seen as essential in this, except in those parts of USA where G.O.P is in power it seems.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis