S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Add to that list this detailed report prepared for the Pentagon which states that"... a novel respiratory illness as the most likely and significant threat in a pandemic situation." This was written in 2017. The stuff discussed in that report is unfolding before us. Here is a detailed report describing a probable crisis and all of the consequences of a pandemic just like this. If this was ever brought to Trump's attention, I am sure that he dismissed it out of hand.

Here is a more detailed timeline than that Monty Python Gif, and its even missing some developments that have been brought to light after it was published. Absolutely damning. This needs as much exposure to the world as possible.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
What post(s) are you talking about? I scrolled back thru page 63 and could not find where I gave you a "dumb". I did give a few recently. Maybe you're talking about them. Please tell me which ones and I'll review and explain. If appropriate, I'll remove if the system allows.
I didn't say you gave me one, just that you were all of a sudden giving others over a different point of view.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

So, on March 6th, when Trump said "Anybody that wants a test can get a test. That's what the bottom line is." He knew it was a lie?
That missed all the thousands of lie detectors and fact checkers. ;)
When on March 11th, Trump said of European restrictions "these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing." He knew that was a lie too?
That too missed all the 1000s of fact checkers.:eek:
On March 12th, when Trump said "You know, I just got back from India, and I didn't shake any hands there." .. I mean, he must have known that was a lie because he was literally shaking hands with people in India on the trip in question (we have photos).
Oh, no missed that too. Must be on vacation.
So.. can you prove he "knows"? Can you prove the man that either lied about or forgot that he was shaking hands with people a few days earlier is actually aware of, well, basically anything?

We have literal PhDs in these forums. Posting on this thread includes some MDs.

Trump has a BS in economics.
You could have fooled me. That is why his companies go bankrupt.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Just to clear up the question of civility...

2. No constantly attacking other posters rather than disagreeing with the message. It doesn't matter to us whether or not what your viewpoints are; if you can't keep a civil tongue in your head or civil fingers on a keyboard, your value to discussion is limited and possibly nil.

While there's a little more leeway generally given in the Steam Vent, some civility is still expected here.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
5 dead, 83 + have the Virus here where I live in Louisiana
That's sad. I hope you're taking all the precautions. Are churches still holding live services down there? They've all been shut and streaming services up here for the last three weeks.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
We need to understand that conservatives think from a position of fear. Fear drives their need for more guns, less immigration, less co-operation, etc. I'm trying to empathize and it's a struggle, but I'm not ready to give up.
It is a struggle because your premise is false. No fear here. Just a passion for our beliefs and principles as put forth in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. We believe in laws. We believe there are formal processes in place to change the laws. We believe NO ONE is justified in breaking the law just because they don't agree with it. We believe that no political party defines the law.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
That's sad. I hope you're taking all the precautions. Are churches still holding live services down there? They've all been shut and streaming services up here for the last three weeks.
Thank you for the kind words bro, hope you and your loved ones are well also. So far from what little I can see from going to the stores I haven’t seen churches open. Walmart here has finally gotten a good shipment of Toilet paper I was able to buy a 12 pack of the 1000 sheets per roll. But a lot of empty self’s of other products I’ve never seen so many empty self’s in the two Walmart’s here where I live.
Walmart has started using just one door for people to walk into and out the store they also have these 6ft stay apart arrows on the floor spaced apart. Thing is a lot of people down here in the deep South didn’t take it Serious at first but now everywhere I go which isn’t much I see people wearing masks a lot of them homemade.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I did give a few recently. Maybe you're talking about them. Please tell me which ones and I'll review and explain. If appropriate, I'll remove if the system allows.
Please don't remove the dumb rating you gave me but you can remove them indefinitely.

Some of our more conservative members have ceased to comment because of the hostility.
In Irv's case, it's because of a moderator's hostility!

In other cases it's hard to comment when you get banned for being hostile. Not everybody is as civil as herbu. A regular f^%&ing gentleman, that one.

if we cut people out over our political differences, we will never find common ground.
Even on common ground some people are still to be avoided because their rudeness is toxic. Not ALL conservatives sh!t on dems with every breath they take as not ALL dems run off solid forum members.

Are churches still holding live services down there?
I just saw a lady on FB talking about being covered in Jesus' blood in defense of breaking distancing protocols. I think I read that 14 states are still allowing it. Here's Louisiana for ya:

If you believe "education" only comes from an institution, Trump is not the winner. But if you believe "education" also comes from experience, no one here can come close to Trump.
Stormy Daniels then would be really, really educated ... a paid student as it were.

Way to go on redefining the accepted meaning of a word. :D

Last edited:
JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
If you believe "education" only comes from an institution, Trump is not the winner. But if you believe "education" also comes from experience, no one here can come close to Trump.
We believe in language. We believe there's a formal process to change language. We believe no one is justified in simply redefining words to try to survive an argument.

Education: the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction, especially at a school or university.

You've made an object, empirical claim, so you now have burden of proof.

Define "education".
Establish an agreed-upon method of measuring that education.
Establish your claim using that measuring method.

Trump is certainly less intelligent than most of the people here. He's also less articulate. He lacks some rather basic understandings about everything from medicine to trade that many here have shown.

But I look forward to your proof on "educated".

It is a struggle because your premise is false. No fear here.
Proof by assertion fallacy.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
OK. Bite me. Or are we supposed to say Burn In Hell now? I've been here for years, and used "dumb" a half dozen times. Seems to have hit a nerve, though. Funny how my handful of "dumb" ratings offends you more than a moderator hoping all Trump supporters burn in hell. Well, y'all stick together. You're gonna need each other to get thru the next 4 years.
Some people get so butt hurt about the "dumb button" one member actually private messaged me to argue about it. lol

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... But if you believe "education" also comes from experience, no one here can come close to Trump.
He certainly learned how to bankrupt his businesses, how to skip paying his contractors, how to be unfaithful to his wife, how to constantly lie and on it goes.
Wonderful learned experiences.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It is a struggle because your premise is false. No fear here. Just a passion for our beliefs and principles as put forth in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. We believe in laws. We believe there are formal processes in place to change the laws. We believe NO ONE is justified in breaking the law just because they don't agree with it. We believe that no political party defines the law.
You don't have to take my word for it.

"Decades of research have shown that people get more conservative when they feel threatened and afraid.

Threats of terrorism make everyone less liberal — researchers found this was especially true in the months after 9/11. During that time, the US saw a conservative shift, and Americans displayed increased support for military spending and for President George W. Bush.

Americans aren't the only ones whose political leanings are influenced by fear. A 2003 review of researchconducted in five countries looked at 22 separate tests of the hypothesis that fear fuels conservative viewpoints and found it was universally true.

Brain scans show that people who self-identify as conservative have larger and more active right amygdalas, an area of the brain that's associated with expressing and processing fear. This aligns with the idea that feeling afraid makes people lean more to the right.

One 2013 study showed conservative brains tend to have more activity in their right amygdalas when they're taking risks than liberals do."

So, when you get anxious, just ask a liberal to hold your hand.;):D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis