ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Apparently MAGAtards have issued death threats to Fauci for daring to correct dear leader on national television. They make a strong case for forced sterilization.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm not defending anyone. I'm attacking racism and xenophobia. If you think providing honest facts is "defense", you should look closely at the dishonesty it's responding to.

Why are you defending racism and xenophobia?

Don't bother redirecting. We are tired of you doing that.
I'm not defending it- Chinese Communist leaders have a long history of dishonesty, although they obviously aren't the only government that has been guilty of that. They make people disappear when those people say things that are considered 'against' the government.

Not sure what you're trying to imply with your list of infectious diseases although it seems that you want to deflect the blame.

The ones who need to be reigned in are the idiots who are attacking Asians in other parts of the World because of this- it's as stupid as the guy in AZ who killed a Sikh man after 9-11 and hopefully, it won't come to that.

I don't have a problem with Asians, I have a problem with the Chinese government and as usual, many of the Worlds' problems are caused by the governments.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Apparently MAGAtards have issued death threats to Fauci for daring to correct dear leader on national television. They make a strong case for forced sterilization.
Or, retroactive abortion.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Check your facts again Herbu. He down played the seriousness of this disease and this can be clearly demonstrated by the fact that he wanted to return the work force by Easter. He had no clue how serious this was and he just recently reversed his decision.
Checking facts, he said, "I would love" for things to return to normal by Easter. So would I. Wouldn't you?

It's cute that you think with all his resources and advisors you think, "he had no clue". He had conflicting projections from people much more informed than anyone here. Frankly, I appreciate a leader that doesn't jump to conclusions and tries to keep everybody from panic. And you still cannot admit to the life-saving actions he took publicly and behind the scenes.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Not in the slightest.

Perhaps you meant to post something that didn't make it?

They didn't.

The moment they had the power to *actually* repeal the ACA they suddenly stopped voting on it.

I'm still awaiting the alternative they were "finalizing" back in 2009

Well. It did get pre-existing conditions covered, which is very popular.
...and it did get millions of more Americans insured, which has saved a bunch of lives.
...and it does appear to have slowed the rate in rise of healthcare costs.
...and it did extend medicare, except in the GOP states where the governors sued to not give healthcare to the poor.

This despite the GOP spending far more time on lawsuits than they ever spent trying to give healthcare.

No, that's you either through ignorance or malpheasence paraphrasing what you thought was said such that it has a differnet meaning.

The GOP order seems to be this.
1) Do bad things that the otherside is not doing (or not doing to nearly the same level) and accuse the other side of doing them.
2) When it's correctly pointed out by the other side that you are doing them, say "the whole system is corrupt". (I quoted Gingrich on that BTW)
3) When it's correctly pointed out that the other side is not doing them and that you are only accusing the other side of doing what you are doing, accuse *them* of only accusing you of what you are doing.

Do you want to argue actual relevant and true examples? I know you don't. Let's start with "the southern strategy".

But you know better... because your source is.

umm...

Your source is....

ehhh..

Either "other media", "you heard it from someone", or "you just know".
I believe that's Pelosi until the DNC puts forth a nominee for PotUS.

Any one of them will be fine.

Please quote any of those three people saying "the number one priority of the Democratic party is to ensure that Trump is a one-term president".

I'll wait.
Oh my. For someone who appears relatively intelligent, I'm not going to do your Google for you. It's easy, and everything above is easily found.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not defending it-
Me neither.

Not sure what you're trying to imply with your list of infectious diseases although it seems that you want to deflect the blame.
Then you should re-read that post... I expressly stated why I put that list up

"There are certainly problems. Where you fail (ignoring the racism) is
1) Establishing that China has some special status as a problem (notice all those diseases and pandemics not from China).
2) Establishing that errors on China's part somehow make our own misbehavior OK. "

The ones who need to be reigned in are the idiots who are attacking Asians in other parts of the World because of this- it's as stupid as the guy in AZ who killed a Sikh man after 9-11 and hopefully, it won't come to that.
Agreed

I don't have a problem with Asians, I have a problem with the Chinese government
It's a government with a lot of problems to be sure. There's much they really should do better.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Oh my. For someone who appears relatively intelligent, I'm not going to do your Google for you. It's easy, and everything above is easily found.
You literally responded to my post with

[/ QUOTE]
[/ QUOTE]
Do you not see how this just described the Democrats and what I said above? Newt was reacting to this BAU across the aisle.
I can't help but wonder what you imagine I would google... the hypertext?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a thought (and I dont hate you btw. Your a solid contributor with good advice). Obama wasnt liked by the republicans but I dont believe he wasnt hated either. Why is this ? Could it be that Obama's message was that of tolerance compared to that of Trump's reactive response of non tolerance? When one preaches hate like Trump does, then hate is the response he receives back as a response.
Thanks. I'm sure some Republicans did hate B HO... and Hillary and Pelosi and Schumer... But honestly I have not seen the level of hate I see now for Trump and Trump supporters. I mean, a NH poll showing Dems would rather see the earth destroyed than Trump reelected? Seriously? Even in this forum, I see it.

I don't see B HO's message as tolerance. I see it as abdication. I see it as a naive view that if we're nice to everybody, everybody will be nice to us. That message appeals to students and has for generations. But when we grow up, we realize everybody doesn't share that vision. And I don't see Trump preaching hate. I see him preaching fairness. We will be nice to you IF you are nice to us. We will be fair to you IF you are fair to us. He sends this message to our friends and even to our historical enemies. I like it.

He said we should protect our borders. He said we should bring critical mfg back into the US. He was right. Right?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
You are citing Con Coughlin and the Telegraph?

This is the Trump advocate who favored waterboarding... but you are using him to argue that someone else is using fascist tactics?

Wow. Just wow.

That must be it. Certainly the fact that South Korea took this so much more seriously and acted so much more effectively could not possibly indicate that the problem wasn't a lack of enough information to make that call correctly, but rather obfuscation from China. Remind me again how S.Korea managed to treat it appropriately despite that?

Trump and his allies calling this a "hoax" certainly had nothing to do with. Say: he's in the chain of command for the CDC and NIH, isn't he?

Wonder why the CDC hasn't been involved in Trump's briefings.

Trump screaming over the phone to the secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, which includes the CDC. in response to Dr. Messonnier warned during a regular briefing that it was only a matter of time before the pandemic began spreading in the United States and the situation could turn bad quickly. "Disruption to everyday life might be severe," she said as she urged Americans to prepare their families for those disruptions, which are now being realized.

The day after she did so, President Donald Trump appointed Vice President Mike Pence to lead a coronavirus response task force.

Must have been the Chinese making him do that.

Yea. That's not at all racist [/s]

That's right. It's the outsiders. They are doing this to us. We are the victims and everything wrong with our lives can be explained by them being out to get us.

Why does that rhetoric sound so familiar?

I guess one never knows about some people until they show their colors.
You are so consumed by hate for Trump that you cannot even discuss perspectives that don't include it. You sir, have showed your colors, and it is why a reasonable discussion with you is not possible. Sorry.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks. I'm sure some Republicans did hate B HO... and Hillary and Pelosi and Schumer...
Why is there a middle initial used when you name Obama? Is there anyone else you've done that for this thread?

But honestly I have not seen the level of hate I see now for Trump and Trump supporters.
You mean like Trump suggesting that, should Hillary Clinton get elected she should be shot to cheering supporters?

Or perhaps Ted Nugent saying that Obama should be shot to cheering supporters.

You haven't seen that?

I mean, a NH poll showing Dems would rather see the earth destroyed than Trump reelected? Seriously?
I doubt seriously. Indeed: I doubt there's such a poll; but even if there is, no, not seriously.

I don't see B HO's message as tolerance. I see it as abdication. I see it as a naive view that if we're nice to everybody, everybody will be nice to us. That message appeals to students and has for generations. But when we grow up, we realize everybody doesn't share that vision.
Yes. I recall how nice he was to Bin Lauden.

The simple fact is that Obama was far more effective on the world stage than his successor. A nuclear deal with Iran, at least status-quo with N.Korea.

And I don't see Trump preaching hate.
To focus on just one area: Donald Trump has used terms like "invasion," "alien," "killer" and "criminal" more than 500 time in discussing immigrants during campaign rallies since 2017

I see him preaching fairness. We will be nice to you IF you are nice to us. We will be fair to you IF you are fair to us. He sends this message to our friends and even to our historical enemies. I like it.
He fired everyone who attended pandemic training for disloyalty.

He's nice to you if you are nice to him, not to us. See: Putin and Kim.

He said we should protect our borders. He said we should bring critical mfg back into the US. He was right. Right?
The statements are ambiguous as you've stated them.

If we killed everyone in the world who was not American, that would protect our borders. Would someone advocating killing the world be right?

When you reduce down a position to the point that it becomes a straw-man of the opposition, it's dishonest.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
You are so consumed by hate for Trump that you cannot even discuss perspectives that don't include it. You sir, have showed your colors, and it is why a reasonable discussion with you is not possible. Sorry.
All I read is "Oh crap: Jerry is calling me out in detail and the redirection isn't working. Let me displace this so I can pretend that I'm unwilling to respond rather than unable".

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
A group of musician friends calling themselves the "Co-video Collective" and socially-isolating themselves in St. John's, Newfoundland, created this cover of A-ha's Take On Me" by recording their parts in separate locations over the course of a few hours. I've never been a fan of the song, but this put such a smile on my face.
"Take On Me" is one of my favorite karaoke songs. :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
"Take On Me" is one of my favorite karaoke songs. :D
The original is all synthesizer and drum machine. They "rocked" this version up, by making the guitar more prominent and using real drums. Plus, banjo and mandolin. The vocalist also has a great voice. What's not to like?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Man, this thread has been steered into the ditch and back onto the road multiple times. But now, it seems to be turning into a dumpster fire. Can we try to inject a bit of civility?

Yes, the virus originated in China.
Yes, it most likely crossed the animal/human barrier in one of their wet markets. That doesn't make the Chinese people somehow nefarious or evil.
Yes, the Chinese government- as totalitarian governments are wont to do - tried to hide it, with catastrophic results. We're all dealing with the consequences now. The time for recriminations is later.

Racist statements are uncalled for.

In the meantime, Russian, Chinese and Iranian trolls have been trying to divide the west by suggesting that somehow, this virus is an American and Israeli weapon. The suggestion is beyond stupid, but that doesn't stop silly conspiracy theories from spreading.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
In the meantime, Russian, Chinese and Iranian trolls have been trying to divide the west by suggesting that somehow, this virus is an American and Israeli weapon. The suggestion is beyond stupid, but that doesn't stop silly conspiracy theories from spreading.
There's another that says it's a Chinese bioweapon. Equally stupid. Equally popular.

I agree with you.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Checking facts, he said, "I would love" for things to return to normal by Easter. So would I. Wouldn't you?

It's cute that you think with all his resources and advisors you think, "he had no clue". He had conflicting projections from people much more informed than anyone here. Frankly, I appreciate a leader that doesn't jump to conclusions and tries to keep everybody from panic. And you still cannot admit to the life-saving actions he took publicly and behind the scenes.
Seriously?
That is totally bogus!
I never said any of the things you quote me as saying!
For that matter, I do think Trump did the right thing when he stopped travel from China! However, he then did the wrong thing by not recognizing he had just bought some critical preparation time ... as if the virus would magically disappear!

For the record, in case you decide to do more deceptive doctoring of your posts, here is the quote I never wrote, but you assigned to me:
Check your facts again Herbu. He down played the seriousness of this disease and this can be clearly demonstrated by the fact that he wanted to return the work force by Easter. He had no clue how serious this was and he just recently reversed his decision.
If I click on the link, it appears you used the post where I said this, but you then edited my post to say what you want to argue?
It's strange that we have just been through a period of "unprecedented prosperity", but the national deficit has accelerated substantially under Trump.

It is strange that the large corporations don't want the government in their business, but they are the first to go to Uncle Sam with tin cup in hand when the winds of fate don't favor them!
Edit: It appears that there was some glitch in the website software and @herbu did not do anything to deliberately cause this problem. Apologies to Herbu!

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
There's another that says it's a Chinese bioweapon. Equally stupid.
That is particularly absurd. Anyone that has studied China knows that they strategically play the long game and that they are on the path of soon becoming the world superpower.
They are not the country that would take a sure thing (via risk-free, peaceful economic domination) and instead gamble on the instability of a virus. That would be the behavior of small insecure countries such as N. Korea or Iran (who don't have so much to lose).
If it screws over the US economy, China understands that they will suffer!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis