H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
You don't get a middle when the parties (or even one party) is "party first".

This is what we discovered starting with Gingrich and his party-first approach to the GOP.

When that happens either the party in power has enough power to exert total control without compromise (first 2 years of Trump), or the government deadlocks (second 4 years of Obama) going so far as to not due their duty to vote on SCotUS nominees.
This is one place we disagree. I believe the thing that Gingrich "started" is standing up to a history of liberal stretch. I long said the democrats were smarter negotiators. They started by asking more than they wanted, then compromised to the position they wanted all along. The republicans started with what they really wanted. It meant a gradual but continuous move to the left. But Newt began using the same methods as the left, the left became incensed, and began using dirtier and dirtier tricks. "We'll have to pass it to see what's in it."

So this debate becomes a chicken or the egg debate. Who started it? Regardless of who started it, to me it looks like the left's tactics have become nothing less than reprehensible. So how do we heal? Again, to me it looks like Trump is quite transparent. He gives credit where credit is due. He fires back when attacked. He doesn't hide his intentions or try to sneak stuff in the back door. All this in spite of the most vigorous attacks and smears from the left that I've ever seen. The left has reached a new low in dirty tricks, yet their best efforts have proven fruitless. Trump now does daily updates on Corona, his approval ratings are rising, and the answer from CNN and MSNBC is to stop carrying his updates. It seems like they're saying if they can't color his comments through their filter, they don't want people to hear what he's saying. America sees it. And your challenge is a guy who clearly belongs in a rocking chair on his front porch. The very definition of what y'all have been saying is wrong with politics.

As for Corona, I'll give you one thing. The left is masterful at finding a negative spin for anything. So let's try this. Instead of spinning something that has already happened, let's talk about what should happen now. But fair warning... If you say XYZ should be done, and Trump does it, I'll look for an attaboy from you. And if you say it should be done, he doesn't and it turns out badly, I'll say you were right. Deal?

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
This is one place we disagree. I believe the thing that Gingrich "started" is standing up to a history of liberal stretch.
“One of the great problems we have in the Republican Party is that we don’t encourage you to be nasty,” he told the group. “We encourage you to be neat, obedient, and loyal, and faithful, and all those Boy Scout words, which would be great around the campfire but are lousy in politics.” - Gingrich 24 June 1978

“His idea,” says Norm Ornstein, a political scientist who knew Gingrich at the time, “was to build toward a national election where people were so disgusted by Washington and the way it was operating that they would throw the ins out and bring the outs in.”

Gingrich recruited a cadre of young bomb throwers—a group of 12 congressmen he christened the Conservative Opportunity Society—and together they stalked the halls of Capitol Hill, searching for trouble and TV cameras. Their emergence was not, at first, greeted with enthusiasm by the more moderate Republican leadership. They were too noisy, too brash, too hostile to the old guard’s cherished sense of decorum. They even looked different—sporting blow-dried pompadours while their more camera-shy elders smeared Brylcreem on their comb-overs.

Gingrich and his cohort showed little interest in legislating, a task that had heretofore been seen as the primary responsibility of elected legislators. Bob Livingston, a Louisiana Republican who had been elected to Congress a year before Gingrich, marveled at the way the hard-charging Georgian rose to prominence by ignoring the traditional path taken by new lawmakers. “My idea was to work within the committee structure, take care of my district, and just pay attention to the legislative process,” Livingston told me. “But Newt came in as a revolutionary.”

- https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/11/newt-gingrich-says-youre-welcome/570832/

I long said the democrats were smarter negotiators. They started by asking more than they wanted, then compromised to the position they wanted all along. The republicans started with what they really wanted.
How many times did the Republican house vote to repeal the ACA under Obama when it couldn't work.

How many times since taking power

It's power for power's sake with no intent to even try to govern. That's not the DNC, just the GOP.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched Trump on CNN having to endure is BS and bullying just to find out that he has either no clue or wont tell the truth in why troops are to be deployed along the Canadian border. He's still a f?cktard.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Let's keep this thread restricted to COVID-19 discussion please.

Some contrasts for today: With the injection of a 2 trillion dollars relief package, the market rallies so much that Fox Business channel declares this the exit of a bear market. On the same day as all-time record breaking unemployment claims numbers was released and news that the US now has the most confirmed COVID-19 cases in the world. Those wall-street grass-fcukers are playing the fiddle as Rome burns.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan

Some contrasts for today: With the injection of a 2 trillion dollars relief package, the market rallies so much that Fox Business channel declares this the exit of a bear market. On the same day as all-time record breaking unemployment claims numbers was released and news that the US now has the most confirmed COVID-19 cases in the world. Those wall-street grass-fcukers are playing the fiddle as Rome burns.
Nice job sticking to COVID-19 discussion! The end of the bear market is simply a calculation that the DJIA has recovered more than 20% from the bottom of the decline. Bloomberg and the WSJ reported the same thing, to name two other sources. I didn't know you were such a Fox fan. The S&P500 and the NASDAQ 100 aren't doing as well, relatively speaking, because their decline was less steep than the dogs of the Dow, like Boeing, GM, Exxon-Mobil, GE, United Technologies, etc, which are transportation industry dependent.

That said, I don't like being called a grass-fucker, especially by a moderator. I still like your reviews, James, but you're over the top this time. To be honest, I'm mostly burned out with the audio discussions, they're the same topics over and over again, and while these steam vent topics can be more interesting, and every so often I learn something, it's just not fun anymore. Adios.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I watched Trump on CNN having to endure is BS and bullying just to find out that he has either no clue or wont tell the truth in why troops are to be deployed along the Canadian border. He's still a f?cktard.
what? this happen today?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
That answer was so predictable. So you don't believe in vaccines? If a COVID-19 vaccine is available are you going to get it?
COVID-19 appears to be a stable virus meaning if a vaccine is produced next year it will still work then too. After getting this poop, I'm not missing the next flu or COVID-19 shots when available.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
22K deaths, so far- I don't think it qualifies as 'tremendously', yet.

"The Small Arms Survey report, published on Thursday, estimated that 385,000 people were killed in homicides across the world in 2016, an increase of 8,000 on the previous year."

"Mexico recorded 9,916 murders in the first five months of 2017, roughly a 30% increase over the same period last year."

Do you know what that was a response to? Don't think so. Please recheck and report back so I know why you responded as you did.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well I just read that Britney Spears who has been staying home with this Virus thing, posted up she’s been running 100 meters and her best time came in at 5.97! She even goes on to say, she Usually runs the 100 meters in a 6 or 7. No I’m not making this up she even posted the Record breaking time on her Twitter profile. The story is on MSN, Now she really is nice to look at and I myself wouldn’t mind watching her run that World Record breaking time for a Woman that at best has been a lil over 10 seconds! Also by a man of a lil over 9 seconds,
She’s been breaking both 100 meter World records over and over without knowing! Wow! Not a fan of her music but yeah she’s very easy on the eyes.
One has to really wonder if Blondes really do have more fun. She really can’t believe she really ran 100 meters in 5.97 uhh? :D Just trying to lighten up thisThread a little.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Why is Trump moving troops closer to the border?
Which ones? That is all he knows to do. They are still building, mending the southern border.
He is obsessed with it.
I guess having illegals working for you was ok.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Well I just read that Britney Spears who has been staying home with this Virus thing, posted up she’s been running 100 meters and her best time came in at 5.97! She even goes on to say, she Usually runs the 100 meters in a 6 or 7. No I’m not making this up she even posted the Record breaking time on her Twitter profile. The story is on MSN, Now she really is nice to look at and I myself wouldn’t mind watching her run that World Record breaking time for a Woman that at best has been a lil over 10 seconds! Also by a man of a lil over 9 seconds,
She’s been breaking both 100 meter World records over and over without knowing! Wow! Not a fan of her music but yeah she’s very easy on the eyes.
One has to really wonder if Blondes really do have more fun. She really can’t believe she really ran 100 meters in 5.97 uhh? :D Just trying to lighten up thisThread a little.
She's still my favorite pop tart!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

LOL about the non sequitur here....but feel you really can't separate the politics here in the US. The very poor response from drumph is mostly expected but still quite sad. Hospitals competing with FEMA for needed supplies, not using the law he already invoked to command supply lines is just seemingly punishment to the states/cities that need it the most due to his petty politics (they generally vote against him and do things like sanctuary etc)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

LOL about the non sequitur here....but feel you really can't separate the politics here in the US. The very poor response from drumph is mostly expected but still quite sad. Hospitals competing with FEMA for needed supplies, not using the law he already invoked to command supply lines is just seemingly punishment to the states/cities that need it the most due to his petty politics (they generally vote against him and do things like sanctuary etc)
Very sad indeed. I wonder if his family is profiting from the bidding wars.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Confronted with news of the growing situation in Michigan, I see these two articles as well:
No matter how you slice it, I find this attitude sickening, disheartening. Utterly shameful.
As has been said already, the world around us is on fire. All we have are leaky buckets to fight it with.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Confronted with news of the growing situation in Michigan, I see these two articles as well:
No matter how you slice it, I find this attitude sickening, disheartening. Utterly shameful.
As has been said already, the world around us is on fire. All we have are leaky buckets to fight it with.
Some powers be believed a human life is the easiest thing to replace. You gotta be rich in the first place to think like that or a Idiot which in my Opinion he’s both.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis