panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I just had a thought.

Anyone heard from North Korea lately? They're awfully close to China and don't like sharing information with the outside world.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Confronted with news of the growing situation in Michigan, I see these two articles as well:
No matter how you slice it, I find this attitude sickening, disheartening. Utterly shameful.
As has been said already, the world around us is on fire. All we have are leaky buckets to fight it with.
It's getting to the point were leaky buckets or not were going to have to fight it with whatever we've got because it's here and it looks unfortunately like this virus is going to be around for awhile

We need to start figuring out a long term strategy I just don't see any although with more testing and time to see how the curve is going that should be more possible

Lovin really hit the nail on the head this country is so divided right now it will be impossible to leave politics out of it which is going to unfortunately make problem solving that much harder

People forget how Trump got in in the first place shrinking middle class universities ridiculously expensive big business pharma politicians with there hands hopelessly stuck up these companies pockets for profit we could go on and on and on

But many people have grown increasingly distrustful apathetic and downright angry to the point they were going to shake up the system to hell with the consequences.

Trump for everything we might criticize him for picked up on that and ran with it all the way to the White House

What were not factoring in here is these same angry people that wanted to shake up the system how well will they react or even cooperate with these steps we are taking especially if unemployment recession hell possibly economic depression hits hard and people get desperate

And how well will the democrats react as they have become increasingly more volatile themselves towards this administration as things possibly take a turn for the worse?

If you read the comments on the articles lately in the news the amount of vitriol and hate between the two parties between people on both sides of there ideologies is shocking it's going to be very difficult for people to work together

Personally once it broke put of China due to these reasons and the administration's and the PUBLICS reactions lead me to believe we are probably going to be f@$!ed We are not going to be able to work together to contain this thing

Which lead to my steam venting awhile back in the first place. What's the point of all these measures if no one will work together to follow them

I get there necessity scientifically but this country is so so divided right now I don't believe and so far it's playing out exactly the way I feared that containment to slow the curve is possible not with this country being divided the way it is now

If that's the case we are heading towards a triage situation and I know no one especially our doctors and health care providers want to hear this but if that's the case then a lot of tough decisions are going to be made and will need to be made both for our suffering from this virus and for the economy and the future.

We're going to have to make sacrifices and no one wants to hear that but we better prepare for the worst and hope for the best

We're not there YET but it's close to that right now and this forum has actually convinced me of its highly probable outcome

Hell we can't even get along in here lately we can't even stay on the topic people insulting each other back and forth a lot of that like lovin said political based I've learned and researched and expressed and vented but most importantly sat back and listened and I just I'm probably not going to do much more interacting because my mind is made up

We're f@$!#d fellas on containment in my opinion And we better be ready for some hard choices to get through this

But for what it's worth I really hope the scientists and health care professionals guys and some of our very knowledgeable medical and scientific members here can prove me wrong I really want you to I hope you guys can

I'm hoping for that miracle but I'm out after this post because I'm going to start preparing for the worst.

I care about each and everyone of you in my own way no matter your politics or position. Your human like me and you matter to someone in this world and out of respect to this you matter to me. Peace out everyone and thank you for all the information I learned from this thread it's been helpful

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Confronted with news of the growing situation in Michigan, I see these two articles as well:
No matter how you slice it, I find this attitude sickening, disheartening. Utterly shameful.
As has been said already, the world around us is on fire. All we have are leaky buckets to fight it with.
It is like he is dealing with real estate or trading stuff.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It's getting to the point were leaky buckets or not were going to have to fight it with whatever we've got because it's here and it looks unfortunately like this virus is going to be around for awhile

We need to start figuring out a long term strategy I just don't see any although with more testing and time to see how the curve is going that should be more possible

Lovin really hit the nail on the head this country is so divided right now it will be impossible to leave politics out of it which is going to unfortunately make problem solving that much harder

People forget how Trump got in in the first place shrinking middle class universities ridiculously expensive big business pharma politicians with there hands hopelessly stuck up these companies pockets for profit we could go on and on and on

But many people have grown increasingly distrustful apathetic and downright angry to the point they were going to shake up the system to hell with the consequences.

Trump for everything we might criticize him for picked up on that and ran with it all the way to the White House

What were not factoring in here is these same angry people that wanted to shake up the system how well will they react or even cooperate with these steps we are taking especially if unemployment recession hell possibly economic depression hits hard and people get desperate

And how well will the democrats react as they have become increasingly more volatile themselves towards this administration as things possibly take a turn for the worse?

If you read the comments on the articles lately in the news the amount of vitriol and hate between the two parties between people on both sides of there ideologies is shocking it's going to be very difficult for people to work together

Personally once it broke put of China due to these reasons and the administration's and the PUBLICS reactions lead me to believe we are probably going to be f@$!ed We are not going to be able to work together to contain this thing

Which lead to my steam venting awhile back in the first place. What's the point of all these measures if no one will work together to follow them

I get there necessity scientifically but this country is so so divided right now I don't believe and so far it's playing out exactly the way I feared that containment to slow the curve is possible not with this country being divided the way it is now

If that's the case we are heading towards a triage situation and I know no one especially our doctors and health care providers want to hear this but if that's the case then a lot of tough decisions are going to be made and will need to be made both for our suffering from this virus and for the economy and the future.

We're going to have to make sacrifices and no one wants to hear that but we better prepare for the worst and hope for the best

We're not there YET but it's close to that right now and this forum has actually convinced me of its highly probable outcome

Hell we can't even get along in here lately we can't even stay on the topic people insulting each other back and forth a lot of that like lovin said political based I've learned and researched and expressed and vented but most importantly sat back and listened and I just I'm probably not going to do much more interacting because my mind is made up

We're f@$!#d fellas on containment in my opinion And we better be ready for some hard choices to get through this

But for what it's worth I really hope the scientists and health care professionals guys and some of our very knowledgeable medical and scientific members here can prove me wrong I really want you to I hope you guys can

I'm hoping for that miracle but I'm out after this post because I'm going to start preparing for the worst.

I care about each and everyone of you in my own way no matter your politics or position. Your human like me and you matter to someone in this world and out of respect to this you matter to me. Peace out everyone and thank you for all the information I learned from this thread it's been helpful
You know, Danzilla, I've always been a Greatest-Good-For-The-Greatest-Number-Of-People kind of guy. I didn't always used to be that way. White Bred, Middle Class Midwestern Upbringing in a Conservative household... I knew who Carter was, but Reagan was the first president I knew. Sometime between being 7 and 17, a lot of things changed. I never remember wanting for anything growing up, but I also didn't have everything. We weren't poor, we weren't rich. Hell, I still remember believing so hard in the American Dream that I already had names picked out for the twins my future wife and I would have! I was going to be an Architect, drive a Mercedes, have a two story house in the suburbs, have an NAD system like my Dad, but with better speakers...
I don't know where that fantasy went. But sometime during it, I opened my eyes and saw people, friends, in pain. Turned out that in seeing that around me, I became that too. Maybe that's what growing up is. And that dream died.
Where do we go as a Human Society when we can't even accept our fellow humans as fellows. Half of us are worried about the economy... (probably less than half really...) while the other half don't have clean water to drink or wash their hands with. Most of us live paycheck to paycheck, now, and I have too many friends that don't eat well [healthy] because they can't afford to.

Yes Danzilla, every day seems like a new disaster, and a new calamity. Every flip of the page feels like twenty lies. But I don't blame the media, and I don't blame the Pols. We are all, in some way, at fault for the condition of the world around us.
Perhaps its the mile-wide existential streak in me talking, but we all are responsible for the world around us.
I do try to go out of my way to not dig into petty arguments. I try not to fuel divisive banter or attitudes. I do occasionally call shenanigans when I see closed minded BS being dropped, in hopes that maybe something I say could possibly make a difference and effect a change.
And yes, I also crack wise-@ss, irreverent jokes.

We've put ourselves in a tough spot as a country. Neighbors are no longer friends. Friends are no longer friends. And the world, it turns out, might even be a little angry at us fleas always biting on it. The stakes in life are high and winning means you get to struggle again tomorrow.

I tried being positive about our new friend Corona Virus while it was still a more remote threat. I do wish that I could still be slinging espressos at the cafe right now, if for no other reason than to give that little bit of hope that such a 'Normal Day' activity could bring. And I do think we need more of that right now: Hope.

Promises aren't helping. Rose colored glasses aren't helping. Lies and self serving politics isn't helping. I never wanted to be an "adult in the room." Unfortunately, it seems that attitude has become far too prevalent, because the truth I see is that there aren't a lot of those around today.
Perhaps this little stand I take inspires you, Danzilla. Perhaps it inspires some little spark somewhere.

We, each of us, are responsible for the whole of us. It must be this because the other ways aren't working. Everyday I try to be better than the day before. Every day I try to share that with the people around me.
Idealistic, yes. Crazy, probably. But this, Danzilla, is what I have.
I accept that responsibility.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I just had a thought.

Anyone heard from North Korea lately? They're awfully close to China and don't like sharing information with the outside world.
Zero cases of coronavirus. They have it locked down airtight. Larry Kudlow is a jealous man.

"But while you're at it, we sure could use some masks and ventilators! For 'training exercises' of course!" :rolleyes:

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Get ready to have all of your Coronavirus questions answered in a clear, concise and coherent manner!

Might as well close this thread down as there will be nothing left to discuss...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yesterday on the news, the premier of Ontario (the province in Canada where I reside) publically called out a posh grocery store chain in Toronto for hiking the price up of lysol wipes 6x their regular price. As a result, the chain responded with a public letter apologizin for this stating it was a mistake and offered to refund people their money. Those fcukers!!! As a result, the premier is passing a provincial law to make price gouging illegal and fines will be levied to those to it.

highfigh

highfigh

Well I just read that Britney Spears who has been staying home with this Virus thing, posted up she’s been running 100 meters and her best time came in at 5.97! She even goes on to say, she Usually runs the 100 meters in a 6 or 7. No I’m not making this up she even posted the Record breaking time on her Twitter profile. The story is on MSN, Now she really is nice to look at and I myself wouldn’t mind watching her run that World Record breaking time for a Woman that at best has been a lil over 10 seconds! Also by a man of a lil over 9 seconds,
She’s been breaking both 100 meter World records over and over without knowing! Wow! Not a fan of her music but yeah she’s very easy on the eyes.
One has to really wonder if Blondes really do have more fun. She really can’t believe she really ran 100 meters in 5.97 uhh? :D Just trying to lighten up thisThread a little.
Sounds like she has been reading about Kim Jong Il who supposedly said that he shot 59 the only time he golfed and that he wouldn't be playing again because he didn't think it was much of a challenge.

Maybe she's wearing a new pair of Keds.

highfigh

highfigh

Yesterday on the news, the premier of Ontario (the province in Canada where I reside) publically called out a posh grocery store chain in Toronto for hiking the price up of lysol wipes 6x their regular price. As a result, the chain responded with a public letter apologizin for this stating it was a mistake and offered to refund people their money. Those fcukers!!! As a result, the premier is passing a provincial law to make price gouging illegal and fines will be levied to those to it.
The WI Attorney General called out several retailers who were accused of gouging, but we have had a law that limits price increases due to disasters to 15%. They all said it was a misunderstanding. We'll see. All I know is that Purell and other sanitizer products are damned hard to find. I asked at every store I buy from if they're even getting them and all have said they get a few at a time, but never more than that.

I did see this- we'll see how much truth there is in the report. Sounds like a case of 'convenient' timing, if true-

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well I just read that Britney Spears who has been staying home with this Virus thing, posted up she’s been running 100 meters and her best time came in at 5.97! She even goes on to say, she Usually runs the 100 meters in a 6 or 7. No I’m not making this up she even posted the Record breaking time on her Twitter profile. The story is on MSN, Now she really is nice to look at and I myself wouldn’t mind watching her run that World Record breaking time for a Woman that at best has been a lil over 10 seconds! Also by a man of a lil over 9 seconds,
She’s been breaking both 100 meter World records over and over without knowing! Wow! Not a fan of her music but yeah she’s very easy on the eyes.
One has to really wonder if Blondes really do have more fun. She really can’t believe she really ran 100 meters in 5.97 uhh? :D Just trying to lighten up thisThread a little.
5.97 minutes, yeah I'll buy that ………..

highfigh

highfigh

You don't get a middle when the parties (or even one party) is "party first".

This is what we discovered starting with Gingrich and his party-first approach to the GOP.

When that happens either the party in power has enough power to exert total control without compromise (first 2 years of Trump), or the government deadlocks (second 4 years of Obama) going so far as to not due their duty to vote on SCotUS nominees.
And yet, Democrats love to declare that Clinton did more and was one of our greatest Presidents but it was Congress that sent legislation TO Clinton to sign- he had a Republican Congress that was willing to work with him. Don't kid yourself into thinking that the Democrats are afraid to dig their heels in and pull in their own direction.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sounds like she has been reading about Kim Jong Il who supposedly said that he shot 59 the only time he golfed and that he wouldn't be playing again because he didn't think it was much of a challenge.

Maybe she's wearing a new pair of Keds.
Who knows with those Pop tarts, most of those who are in that kind of lifestyle end up after their Mediocre careers run down and the teenyboppers stop buying their crap music all they have left is Vanity,

highfigh

highfigh

Can you imagine if this was SARS ....SARS was more difficult to catch but its mortalilty rate was far higher on a percentage scale then COVID.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
And yet, Democrats love to declare that Clinton did more and was one of our greatest Presidents but it was Congress that sent legislation TO Clinton to sign- he had a Republican Congress that was willing to work with him. Don't kid yourself into thinking that the Democrats are afraid to dig their heels in and pull in their own direction.
Argue that with those Democrats, if they exist. You are propping up a straw man with something I didn't say.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Can you imagine if this was SARS ....SARS was more difficult to catch but its mortalilty rate was far higher on a percentage scale then COVID.
This literally is SARS. The virus that causes COVID-19 is SARS-COV-2.

I assume you mean: Imagine if this was SARS-COV-1? Yes. That mortality was worse. MERS (another coronavirus) was worse still.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
COVID-19 appears to be a stable virus meaning if a vaccine is produced next year it will still work then too. After getting this poop, I'm not missing the next flu or COVID-19 shots when available.
One problem we, as a people, tend to have is that we often don't recognize the value in something until we've personally experienced it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis