Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Yep over 60 and you still to consult with your doctor.
I won't have to consult with my doctor. Since I've had several episodes of sole aFib which is now being well controlled with magnesium, DHA, vitamin D3, Ubiquinol and R-Lipoic acid supplementation, I will definitely avoid that RSV vaccine.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Got the SHOT today. :). I am ready to feel pretty bad tomorrow and maybe the next day. Hope to get the Flu shot at the end of the week.
Felt like hell when I woke up this morning. Took an Aleve and went back to sleep for a couple of hours. Man, oh man I feel better than I did before I took the shot. No aches and not even any pain in my arm. Let's see how I feel when the Aleve wears off.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Felt like hell when I woke up this morning. Took an Aleve and went back to sleep for a couple of hours. Man, oh man I feel better than I did before I took the shot. No aches and not even any pain in my arm. Let's see how I feel when the Aleve wears off.
Well, you might not feel anything 6 ft under. :D :D :D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Nope still alive and no further effects after the Aleve wore off. Gonna double down and get a flu shot tomorrow. :)
Way to go tough guy :)! My wife got the RSV and Covid shots yesterday, both in her right shoulder. She was kind of like you this morning, sore. She had the flu shot about 2 weeks ago. Good to know how well Aleve works.

I'm still waiting for my daily prednisone dose (flare up of my auto-immune disease, long story) to get low enough for the vaccines. I see my rheumatologist again next week. When to schedule the vaccinations is 2nd on the agenda. 1st is when can I be off of prednisone?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Way to go tough guy :)! My wife got the RSV and Covid shots yesterday, both in her right shoulder. She was kind of like you this morning, sore. She had the flu shot about 2 weeks ago. Good to know how well Aleve works.

I'm still waiting for my daily prednisone dose (flare up of my auto-immune disease, long story) to get low enough for the vaccines. I see my rheumatologist again next week. When to schedule the vaccinations is 2nd on the agenda. 1st is when can I be off of prednisone?
Got the flu shot today. Never had a problem with flu shots only covid. So, I'll keep my Aleve handy but hopefully won't need it. Yeah, let your wife know that Aleve really does work on the aches of a shot.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Got the flu shot today. Never had a problem with flu shots only covid. ...
Same here except not to your extent on Covid shot.
I cannot feel the fluid going in but can with the Covid fluid.
Maybe they need to make it more concentrated and use a smaller dose. ;) :D

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
They put on on that stuff for a while right after my cancer and took me off in 3 days after I got a huge allergic reaction to it, crazy itching.
We all have individual biochemistry and our body can react differently.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
They put on on that stuff for a while right after my cancer and took me off in 3 days after I got a huge allergic reaction to it, crazy itching.
Consider yourself lucky that you only took it for 3 days! I realize that you probably needed it acutely. Prednisone does work fast against severe inflammation and auto-immune responses, but it comes with a whole slew of nasty side effects. I hope some other drug treatment worked for you at the time.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Consider yourself lucky that you only took it for 3 days! I realize that you probably needed it acutely. Prednisone does work fast against severe inflammation and auto-immune responses, but it comes with a whole slew of nasty side effects. I hope some other drug treatment worked for you at the time.
After the Prednisone route, my doctors at Mayo put me on Naproxen for a week then moved me to ibuprofen all to keep the inflammation in my neck down. It all seemed to work. But there was little they could do about the after effects of the radiation. Even using their specialty creams weeks before the treatments. About 4 weeks into the treatments the burns started, inside the mouth and the outside on my neck.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Just got mine tonight, Moderna.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow. :oops:

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Same here except not to your extent on Covid shot.
I cannot feel the fluid going in but can with the Covid fluid.
Maybe they need to make it more concentrated and use a smaller dose. ;) :D
No problems at all with the flu shot. Didn't even have to take an Aleve. Hopefully no more shots until next year. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Well of course and that is what makes us different :confused:
Yet, we have a common ancestor way back when. ;) :D :D
I would guess that moving around a lot changes you. I stopped traveling. :D:D:D

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Is there really that much difference between Moderna and Pfizer? In terms of side effects.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Is there really that much difference between Moderna and Pfizer? In terms of side effects.
Never had a Pfizer only Moderna. They now say its ok to mix and match but used to recommend to stay with one brand. I guess the science changes as we learn more.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I received both Pfizer and Moderna shots, one after the other. My last shot was in January. No side effect each time except for slight shoulder soreness for one to two days. I will be receiving the new vaccine on the 24th of this month.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis