mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for all the good news. :eek:

Not sure I want to find out in the long run.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Talk about timing. My older daughter 41, ( Head & Neck Oncology Nurse) and my 5 year old grandson both tested positive yesterday. It seems my grandson which just started Kindergarten last Wed caught it from his first day in Kindergarten and then gave it to his mom..

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Talk about timing. My older daughter 41, ( Head & Neck Oncology Nurse) and my 5 year old grandson both tested positive yesterday. It seems my grandson which just started Kindergarten last Wed caught it from his first day in Kindergarten and then gave it to his mom..
Similar to my son's family. Kid in school most likely the point of entry.
Lucky they are vaxxed to the moon.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
My grandsons fever broke this morning early and he is feeling pretty good, but my daughter noted she aches from head to toe.
Sorry to hear about your daughter and your grandson's bout with Covid-19. I hope they recover quickly without any further symptoms.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Every year, influenza kills people and nobody talks about it. Isn't it possible that a future variant of Omicron in the long run doesn't get more dangerous than that old influenza, because of collective immunity?
Yes - but the flu death rate is, for most variants, an order of magnitude lower than Covid.

We have had Covid like Flu strains in the past eg:1918 "Spanish" Flu

Some people claim that we have to "live with it" as it has become endemic, rather than being a pandemic.

However we have, over the last couple of centuries, eradicated a number of ailments that were once endemic, smallpox, polio, measles, plague, TB, etc...

One of the real issues, has been the politicisation of Covid, and its linking with identity politics.

We can and should eradicate Covid, a process that would take a number of years, and require widespread adoption of basic precautions (masking, distancing) along with massive vaccination programs.

But as long as it remains a politicised/identity linked issue, it simply cannot happen, and cannot succeed - you need to achieve 95%+ coverage, and in the current politicised environment, you would be lucky to get past 60% ... and at that level, yes, Covid is now endemic.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
One of the real issues, has been the politicisation of Covid, and its linking with identity politics.
So very true. It started with the Clown in Chief at the time. Some of his finer quotes on the subject of covid.

Jan 22, 2020: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan 24, 2020: " Trump praises China’s handling of the coronavirus: “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”
Feb 2, 2020: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
Feb 10, 2020: “Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
Feb 24, 2020: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… the Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb 25, 2020: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Fen 27, 2020: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
Feb 27, 2020: “The ineptness with which the Trump Administration approached this problem is not only serious, it can be deadly if not changed in the approach.” – Rep. Lloyd Doggett
Mar 6, 2020: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.
March 17, 2020: “I felt like it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

And then he starts his attacks on others:

Mar 26, 2020:“We’ve had a big problem with the young, a woman governor from — you know who I’m talking about — from Michigan,”
Mar 27, 2020: “I love Michigan, one of the reasons we are doing such a GREAT job for them during this horrible Pandemic. Yet your Governor, Gretchen “Half” Whitmer is way in over her head, she doesn’t have a clue. Likes blaming everyone for her own ineptitude!”
Mar 28, 2020: “Mike, don’t call the governor of Washington. You’re wasting your time with him…”
Mar 30, 2020: “...it’s not the flu. It’s vicious.”

Oct 12, 2020: “I went through it. Now, they say I'm immune. I can feel—I feel so powerful.”

And it goes on and on by The clown in Chief. enjoy the read
After we hit 220k deaths
OCt 26, 2020: "Cases up because we TEST, TEST, TEST. A Fake News Media Conspiracy. Many young people who heal very fast. 99.9%. Corrupt Media conspiracy at all time high. On November 4th., the topic will totally change. VOTE!"

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
And it gets even weirder. USA Today

A monthslong investigation into a rural California warehouse uncovered an illegal laboratory filled with infectious agents, medical waste and hundreds of mice bioengineered "to catch and carry the COVID-19 virus," according to Fresno County authorities.Jul 31, 2023

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
From what I read, and its not from Twitter / X. this new booster is scheduled for release next month. Some just don't realize that the packaging and distribution of the vaccine takes time as this vaccine just got approved. Pfizer submitted their FDA request July 17. So in early Sept it should be out.

I know I will get an email or a portal request from Mayo to come in for my yearly booster.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
From what I read, and its not from Twitter / X. this new booster is scheduled for release next month. Some just don't realize that the packaging and distribution of the vaccine takes time as this vaccine just got approved. Pfizer submitted their FDA request July 17. So in early Sept it should be out.

I know I will get an email or a portal request from Mayo to come in for my yearly booster.
Gotcha. My post wasn't necessarily about release of boosters, just to point out the massive increases in COVID presence in wastewater.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Well, he we go again. A new strain has mutated, BA.2.86 . "Deep mutational scanning indicates BA.2.86 variant will have equal or greater escape than XBB.1.5 from antibodies elicited by pre-Omicron and first-generation Omicron variants," Jesse Bloom, an evolutionary biologist at the Fred Hutch Cancer Center. Its also noted that BA.2.86 has 36 mutations relative to the XBB.1.5 variant.

Makes you think about the movies like (1995) Outbreak or (2011) Contagion or the (2013) Flu.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Well, he we go again. A new strain has mutated, BA.2.86 . "Deep mutational scanning indicates BA.2.86 variant will have equal or greater escape than XBB.1.5 from antibodies elicited by pre-Omicron and first-generation Omicron variants," Jesse Bloom, an evolutionary biologist at the Fred Hutch Cancer Center. Its also noted that BA.2.86 has 36 mutations relative to the XBB.1.5 variant.

Makes you think about the movies like (1995) Outbreak or (2011) Contagion or the (2013) Flu.
I've starting to hear about more people (friends of friends) coming down with COVID, some for the 2nd time.

Like you said, here we go again.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
My grandsons fever broke this morning early and he is feeling pretty good, but my daughter noted she aches from head to toe.
Glad to hear that they're ok. Covid seems to be gaining some traction in the SE US. Hospital stays are up here in Florida, but our Governor and his Quack Surgeon General don't seem to care.

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Glad to hear that they ok. Covid seems to be gaining some traction in the SE US. Hospital stays are up here in Florida, but our Governor and his Quack Surgeon General don't seem to care.
Spoke to my daughter last night. 5 year old Grandson still doing ok, he's even swimming in the pool. My daughter is only now reporting congestion and a runny nose and slight cough. Her headache and aches and pains are gone.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Spoke to my daughter last night. 5 year old Grandson still doing ok, he's even swimming in the pool. My daughter is only now reporting congestion and a runny nose and slight cough. Her headache and aches and pains are gone.
Great news thanks for sharing. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Glad to hear that they're ok. Covid seems to be gaining some traction in the SE US. Hospital stays are up here in Florida, but our Governor and his Quack Surgeon General don't seem to care.
I heard about Florida. It is not a small increase either. Feel for you guys in Florida.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Now to see what will happen long term.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
So, should we get vaccinated again for these new variants out there?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis