Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, that is exactly what I'm arguing. And I'm astonished that you apparently are comfortable with "public health professionals" being able to 'rule' over how to protect the public from these diseases", and not our elected political officials? You seem to have it back assward. Are you arguing that the public health officials should unilaterally get to establish measures like lock downs, mask and vaccine mandates, and the like? It doesn't work that way. In my county, our county judge ordered a temporary lock down, based on recommendations from the public health professionals, and he lifted it fairly soon afterwards, possibly before the medical people really wanted him to. He took into account not only the medical situation, but also the effects the public health measures were placing on businesses, schools, and other factors.
You missed the last part of @Swerd's post quoted by you using bold type: >>> it is disastrously wrong to argue that politicians can ignore established law when it suits their political ambitions. Much of this seems to be beyond mtrot's ability to understand. <<<

Who do you think makes these laws?

Also, I am not claiming that covid-19 was not a serious public health threat, and I understand exactly how it spread.
Yes you where, and no, I don't think you understand.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
At least she got her money's worth on the cosmetic work!

Fraud should be prosecuted irrespective of who does it, even if it's done by Republicans.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Fraud should be prosecuted irrespective of who does it, even if it's done by Republicans.
Lol, you're wound up tighter than a rubber band on a balsa wood airplane! I just thought the story was interesting. Of course, fraudsters should be prosecuted, glad you let us all know. And I guess I missed where it said she was a Republican. Lighten up, man.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Lol, you're wound up tighter than a rubber band on a balsa wood airplane! I just thought the story was interesting. Of course, fraudsters should be prosecuted, glad you let us all know. And I guess I missed where it said she was a Republican. Lighten up, man.
Sadly, pointing out to MAGA Republicans that everyone should be equal before the law is needed. That’s a concept that’s hard for them to understand.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Sadly, pointing out to MAGA Republicans that everyone should be equal before the law is needed. That’s a concept that’s hard for them to understand.
Are you even able to carry on a discussion without hurling insults at people? It doesn't look like it.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
You missed the last part of @Swerd's post quoted by you using bold type: >>> it is disastrously wrong to argue that politicians can ignore established law when it suits their political ambitions. Much of this seems to be beyond mtrot's ability to understand. <<<

Who do you think makes these laws?

Yes you where, and no, I don't think you understand.
You just can't seem to grasp it, can you? Where did I say politicians can, or should, "ignore established law"?

My point is that there is no "established law" which specifies HOW LONG or HOW EXTENSIVE any public health measures should be, in response to an epidemic such as covid. That is up to the local authorities, and we saw widely divergent responses to covid in different areas.

The question is not whether authorities can legally enact measures in such a situation; the question is what should those measures be and for how long should they last. We've had some areas holding on to their various covid mandates for going on three freaking years now!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You just can't seem to grasp it, can you? Where did I say politicians can, or should, "ignore established law"?

My point is that there is no "established law" which specifies HOW LONG or HOW EXTENSIVE any public health measures should be, in response to an epidemic such as covid. That is up to the local authorities, and we saw widely divergent responses to covid in different areas.

The question is not whether authorities can legally enact measures in such a situation; the question is what should those measures be and for how long should they last. We've had some areas holding on to their various covid mandates for going on three freaking years now!
Your recent posts shows this, but not that you understand.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Really? You must live in the MAGA world to “think” that, not that there are much thinking going on there in the first place.

If Trump has won his second election there would have been many more dead Americans. Is that what you want? My guess is that Republican districts, especially the rural ones, would take the great majority of unnecessary and preventable deaths.
More deaths have occurred in high population density, not rural areas. However, people in rural areas can be a bit less accepting of what becomes "You should do this, for your own good" when that comes from people they don't trust.

IMO, our government isn't honest about many things and that's dangerous. Some countries have corrupt governments, but people know what to expect- here, it's a crap shoot.

The politicization of EVERYTHING is hugely responsible for the problems in the US and if people don't start to find out how our government is supposed to work vs how it's being used to stuff money into the pockets of politicians, we'll never get out of this. Honesty and greed are behind this- I asked a doctor about his thoughts about COVID in March, 2020 and he said "There will be a lot of great investment opportunities". That's NOT what I was referring to and if a doctor responds that way, I have no problem believing that politicians have one thing on their minds when something like this comes along and it's NOT a passionate concern for the population's health and well being.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
More deaths have occurred in high population density, not rural areas.
All else equal that’s a reasonable claim for sure, and I don’t recall any report saying otherwise. Then there are statistics, linked earlier in this thread, showing as a percentage that Republican (Trump) voting counties usually have a higher mortality rate from COVID, sometimes much higher.

Even mtrot agreed that vaccination rate is low in such counties, which, not incidentally, is strongly correlated with mortality rate and serious illness.

So in this we are in agreement. :)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This is your second post in a day on this subject of COVID support to companies to keep employees employed. My qualified guess is that you opposed this support.

What would you’ve done instead? A pandemic is for sure coming again.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
All else equal that’s a reasonable claim for sure, and I don’t recall any report saying otherwise. Then there are statistics, linked earlier in this thread, showing as a percentage that Republican (Trump) voting counties usually have a higher mortality rate from COVID, sometimes much higher.

Even mtrot agreed that vaccination rate is low in such counties, which, not incidentally, is strongly correlated with mortality rate and serious illness.

So in this we are in agreement. :)
Lol, you just had to throw Trump in there, parenthetically to Republican! Yes, we know Trump is a Republican.

I have little doubt that rural, conservative leaning areas had a higher percentage wise rate of severe illness and death than more suburban areas with higher vaccination rates. Although it now is obvious that these shots do not prevent contracting covid or the transmission of covid the current variants, they clearly significantly reduce the risk of severe illness or death from covid. It is regrettable that there was so much misinformation out there by people suggesting that covid was "the flu" or a "sniffle", which led many dangerously vulnerable people to choose not to get the shot. I've argued, to little avail, with these people on many comment boards.

The latest trend is to blame the death of every single person who experiences a sudden death, of most any type, on the covid shots. It's as if there were never sudden cardiac deaths or strokes before the covid shots. Of course, these days, we have the media doing a story on every young athlete or entertainer who is found dead at home or in their hotel room, usually because acute alcohol and/or opiod overdose. But, no, it couldn't be those things that caused the death, it had to have been the "clot shot". Even when a 60 year old has a fatal heart attack, it is automatically assumed that it was because of the shot.

Now, since myocarditis is a known possible adverse reaction to the mRNA shots, mostly in young males, I do think sudden deaths in such individuals should be investigated to see if there is any evidence that the shots may have played a role. Of course, these deaths can be caused by other causes, such as undiagnosed hypertrophic cardiomyopathy or chronic essential hypertension.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
This is your second post in a day on this subject of COVID support to companies to keep employees employed. My qualified guess is that you opposed this support.

What would you’ve done instead? A pandemic is for sure coming again.
No, I just thought it was interesting. But I think such a program is ripe for fraudulent activity and it would have been good if this could have been policed better. After all, it is tax payer money that went down the drain to these frauds.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Lol, you just had to throw Trump in there, parenthetically to Republican! Yes, we know Trump is a Republican
Of course, as he is the Leader of your party and currently the only Republican candidate for US President in the 2024 elections.

So why, exactly, should I not mention Trump? He is a reflection of the current Republicans, after all.

Over here in Europe we do talk about the current party leaders, formal as informal.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
No, I just thought it was interesting. But I think such a program is ripe for fraudulent activity and it would have been good if this could have been policed better. After all, it is tax payer money that went down the drain to these frauds.
I certainly agree that is an area for oversight, including where I live, but the House Republicans in a hearing yesterday was instead much more interested as to why Twitter blocked pictures of Hunter Bidens genitals.

So why don’t you call your House representative to focus on the important oversight issues?

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Of course, as he is the Leader of your party and currently the only Republican candidate for US President in the 2024 elections.

So why, exactly, should I not mention Trump? He is a reflection of the current Republicans, after all.

Over here in Europe we do talk about the current party leaders, formal as informal.
Well, I still don't see why you had to put Trump in parentheses, as if we didn't know he was a Republican.

But I will say, Trump is no longer well liked by a good percentage of the party. They want to move on from him.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
I certainly agree that is an area for oversight, including where I live, but the House Republicans in a hearing yesterday was instead much more interested as to why Twitter blocked pictures of Hunter Bidens genitals.

So why don’t you call your House representative to focus on the important oversight issues?
Well, you know good and well, or should know, that the House investigation is not about blocking pictures. The potential international influence peddling scheme by Hunter and Joe is a serious issue.

And I think they are already looking into this fraudulent use of covid funds.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis