cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
WTF is happening with Florida? I know TX is next with this idiocy, but holy sh!t I feel like making sure your base doesn't live to see the next election isn't the way to win.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/floridas-death-toll-now-exceeds-desantis-margin-of-victory
Oh the latest most haven't seen on the national news, is Desantis wants to withhold the salaries of school board superintendent if they mandate mask in their schools. But the kids can get a note from their parents if they don't want to wear a mask.
Florida Gov. DeSantis threatens to hold school leaders’ pay if they require masks: ‘Financial consequences’

They say, The Governor’s priorities are protecting parents’ rights and ensuring that every student has access to a high-quality education that meets their unique needs."

I find this odd, that this same Gov last year mandated mask in schools when covid was starting up.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Oh the latest most haven't seen on the national news, is Desantis wants to withhold the salaries of school board superintendent if they mandate mask in their schools. But the kids can get a note from their parents if they don't want to wear a mask.
Florida Gov. DeSantis threatens to hold school leaders’ pay if they require masks: ‘Financial consequences’

They say, The Governor’s priorities are protecting parents’ rights and ensuring that every student has access to a high-quality education that meets their unique needs."

I find this odd, that this same Gov last year mandated mask in schools when covid was starting up.
De Santis really is an unscrupulous idiot. Now he wants the Feds, to send him three hundred ventilators! The Feds should withhold that, unless he gives are cast iron undertaking to follow CDC guidelines from here on out.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

He, like my gov in TX, thinks that over-pandering to his base will get him re-elected and possibly a presidential bid. They don't care what happens as long as they get what they want. I just don't see how letting as many people in your base demographic die gets you there, but whatever.

Our gov wants to do the same. I don't think he understands how many people in TX hate him. We got damn close to being blue in the last election, so let's see if someone worth a damn actually goes up against Abbot so we can get him out. Sadly, decent people rarely run for office.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

"
Well, that was last year. ;) Now he is eyeing a presidential bid hopefully with the trumpster's support.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well, that was last year. ;) Now he is eyeing a presidential bid hopefully with the trumpster's support.
nah, rumor has it Cuomo, now with nothing to do will jump ship and give him some good 'touchy feely' guidance !

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
He, like my gov in TX, thinks that over-pandering to his base will get him re-elected and possibly a presidential bid. They don't care what happens as long as they get what they want. I just don't see how letting as many people in your base demographic die gets you there, but whatever.

Our gov wants to do the same. I don't think he understands how many people in TX hate him. We got damn close to being blue in the last election, so let's see if someone worth a damn actually goes up against Abbot so we can get him out. Sadly, decent people rarely run for office.
Yep odd but true.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Don’t act like you know it all…
I hereby solemnly swear not to act like I know it all.

One of the many things I don't know is why some people are apparently unfamiliar with the Socratic method?

Another thing I don't know is why some people on forums such as this apparently believe they can command others to post in a manner that is pleasing to them?

I don't know if any of the above applies to you.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
De Santis really is an unscrupulous idiot. Now he wants the Feds, to send him three hundred ventilators! The Feds should withhold that, unless he gives are cast iron undertaking to follow CDC guidelines from here on out.
It looks like the vents have been sent. De Santis's continuing Sergeant Schultz impression ("I know nothing!") is actually quite convincing with regards to his level of knowledge.

>>>WASHINGTON — The federal government has sent hundreds of ventilators and other equipment to Florida this week to help the state respond to a record-breaking number of Covid hospitalizations. The devices came from the federal government’s Strategic National Stockpile and included 200 ventilators and 100 smaller breathing devices and related supplies, according to an HHS official. . . .

Gov. Ron DeSantis said he was unaware of the federal allocation when asked about it Tuesday by ABC Local10, which first reported on the ventilators. “I have not heard about that, so I have to check to see if that’s true or not,” he told the station. “I would honestly doubt that that’s true, but I’ll look. We have a lot of stuff that we stockpiled over the last year and a half through the department of emergency management. I have not had any requests across my desk. I haven’t been notified of that.<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Where are those good old days, when the bad guys were fat or foolish Nazis? Now, we have a harder time recognizing just who the bad guys are. With some help from Walt Kelly.
1628641031249.png

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'd like to see the voters of Florida hold DeSantis's pay. He is trying to score political points, while ignoring the Constitution as well as ignoring the lethal consequences of the pandemic.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

A group of prominent UK scientists, led by Sir Andrew Pollard head of the Oxford vaccine team, addressed an all party parliamentary group today.

Their report was sobering, and not what people want to hear.

They made these statements.

Herd immunity is no longer possible from Covid-19, because the Delta strain is so infectious.

Everyone is going to get exposed to this variant.

They have recommended that all contact tracing and mitigation measures, other than vaccinations cease. That only testing of sick people be tested, to make a diagnosis.

(Interestingly Germany has ceased routine testing.)

Professor Paul Hunter an infectious disease expert at the University of East Anglia stated that current data showed that the current vaccines only confer 50% protection from symptomatic infection, but good protection from serious disease. Time will tell how long this protection lasts.

This is not the news that people want to hear at all. However pending further scientific progress this infection is now endemic. The biggest threat is a mutation that evades the vaccine. In the opinion of this panel that is more likely than not.

In event of the latter scenario, this will require better treatment of symptomatic infections. This is more likely than not to require the construction of more medical facilities and the training of larger numbers of medical personnel. If not, then there will not be the capacity to treat other medical conditions. This will result in health care requiring and even larger percentage of GDP, further worsening the economic outlook.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
In event of the latter scenario, this will require better treatment of symptomatic infections. This is more likely than not to require the construction of more medical facilities and the training of larger numbers of medical personnel. If not, then there will not be the capacity to treat other medical conditions. This will result in health care requiring and even larger percentage of GDP, further worsening the economic outlook.
Medical professionals are already burned the f/uck out. Some doctors and nurses I've heard from in various places have looked at their finances and decided they can afford to not work anymore. Hospitals are not just turning away elective surgery like last year; some in the worst hit states are turning away emergency calls because there's nowhere to put new intakes.

Our species' post-mortem won't read that COVID killed the human race. Stupid killed the human race.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Medical professionals are already burned the f/uck out. Some doctors and nurses I've heard from in various places have looked at their finances and decided they can afford to not work anymore. Hospitals are not just turning away elective surgery like last year; some in the worst hit states are turning away emergency calls because there's nowhere to put new intakes.

Our species' post-mortem won't read that COVID killed the human race. Stupid killed the human race.
Some other goings on about the hospital staff. for ex: ""
Miami’s Jackson Memorial Health System, Florida’s largest medical provider, has been losing nurses to staffing agencies, other hospitals and pandemic burnout, Executive Vice President Julie Staub said. The hospital’s CEO says nurses are being lured away to jobs in other states at double and triple the salary.
Staub said system hospitals have started paying retention bonuses to nurses who agree to stay for a set period. To cover shortages, nurses who agree to work extra are getting the typical time-and-a-half for overtime plus $500 per additional 12-hour shift. Even with that, the hospital sometimes still has to turn to agencies to fill openings.""

highfigh

highfigh

Nice straw man there.
My point is, one person didn't cause the problems.

It's time for you to move on from your childish claims of "But, you like Trump!" and look for the real causes of the problem, which is: multiple failures, in many places, by many governments. This started in China and it appears that it was intentional, but you seem to have forgotten that.

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
This is overlooking a vital piece of information about how we did something smart/stupid which was (for the most part) we only allowed Covid patients into select hospitals to attempt to slow the spread. Many hospitals emergency and critical care units were/are swamped while other hospitals were/are empty. The hospitals selected for receiving Covid patients also received almost all emergency patients as we didn’t know who was infected while other hospitals in the area were almost ghost towns. It was a smart policy at the time but needs to change now that we know a lot more about Covid and how its spread and also to stop these ludicrous wages that only a few are actually getting.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis