confederate symbols

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It's not one side doing this. It's both. Both are guilty of saying "the other side is like this or that" and their base believes it.

They need to spend more time talking about the progress they want to make and the change they want to see that will take this country in a better direction.

Constant finger pointing at the opposing side is a HUGE part of this issue, or almost any issue.

carlthess40

carlthess40

Audioholic
Many racists in the Democratic party moved over to G.O.P. as part of Nixon's Southern Strategy, and G.O.P. is running on the slogan "God, guns and patriotism white supremacy". This is not a long term winning solution for a democratic party.
That’s such BS about saying that the gop is running on the ( white supremacy) crap
How about all the crazy ass BLM and Antifa ?
They are some of the most racist people in the US . And doing more harm then good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
That’s such BS about saying that the gop is running on the ( white supremacy) crap
It's becoming more and more difficult to separate Trump's attitudes from the GOP. And Trump certainly does not condemn the white supremacists or shoo them away. Is it a party-level strategy? With Trumpism it feel like that sometimes. Though there certainly Republicans who have level heads.

They are some of the most racist people in the US . And doing more harm then good
Antifa is definitely crazy. In an interview with an Antifa protester in the Oregonian (Portland's major newspaper), he said their objectives were something like "No nations, no borders, no police, no prisons." That's crazy. They obviously just want to watch the world burn.

BLM... I don't think they're crazy. Their objectives regarding eliminating police misconduct and the imbalance in use of force against Black people are noble. The violence, looting, and vandalism that accompany many of their protests are IMO unacceptable. I've read several explanations for the violence. I was just reading one:

They are not persuasive. Destroying the property of innocent people, regardless of skin color, is not furthering their objectives. And it is protesting the unfair with unfair behavior. That is illogical to me. Great leaders role model best behavior.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's crazy about BLM? Antifa is a state of mind, not an organization as the numbnuts on the right think and simply means anti-fascist so if your anti-antifa you're pro-fascist I suppose.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Antifa is a state of mind, not an organization as the numbnuts on the right think and simply means anti-fascist so if your anti-antifa you're pro-fascist I suppose.
Violence is a great way to show fascists a thing or two. What a great state of mind. Not.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Violence is a great way to show fascists a thing or two. What a great state of mind. Not.
It's still dumb to think of antifa as an actual organization. Is it like guns, it's the person not the idea? We're a violent country, we've been at war most of our history.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It's still dumb to think of antifa as an actual organization. Is it like guns, it's the person not the idea? We're a violent country, we've been at war most of our history.
I thought Trump and Faux did a superb job of presenting antifa(scists) as a terrorist "organization." It wasn't true, but it was great misdirection. Even an FBI person had a hard time saying they were. The DOH named the alt-right as the #1 domestic terrorist threat because there are more deaths involved and have organizational roots. Antifa was disappointing because they had a real cause against the alt-right but chose violence/vandalism. I think the reason MLK is held in high esteem is because his protests were not violent. Trump's decision to pepper spray some protestors to take a walk to a church the director said he wasn't welcome to for a photo-op while holding a bible upside down is a particular low point.

Another thing, as I've said before, is how some of today's conservatives will defend confederate monuments in the name of preserving history yet happily remind you it was the Democrats of the past who made up the KKK. While both sides have been complacent, recently it appears it's the Democrats are pushing for more removal of confederate statues. Likely because they get a majority of the black vote.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's becoming more and more difficult to separate Trump's attitudes from the GOP. And Trump certainly does not condemn the white supremacists or shoo them away. Is it a party-level strategy? With Trumpism it feel likes that sometimes. Though there certainly Republicans who have level heads.

Antifa is definitely crazy. In an interview with an Antifa protester in the Oregonian (Portland's major newspaper), he said their objectives were something like "No nations, no borders, no police, no prisons." That's crazy. They obviously just want to watch the world burn.

BLM... I don't think they're crazy. Their objectives regarding eliminating police misconduct and the imbalance in use of force against Black people are noble. The violence, looting, and vandalism that accompany many of their protests are IMO unacceptable. I've read several explanations for the violence. I was just reading one:

They are not persuasive. Destroying the property of innocent people, regardless of skin color, is not furthering their objectives. And it is protesting the unfair with unfair behavior. That is illogical to me. Great leaders role model best behavior.
The disproportional attention paid by news media to BLM protests that turn violent has given the impression that the violent ones are far more common than the stats would tell us.
93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful: Report | Time
And, that 7% that turned violent? That includes violence instigated by law enforcement, attacks on protesters by far-right groups and tearing down statues of colonial figures, slave owners and Confederate leaders. Watching the news, one is lead to believe that violent protests are as common as peaceful ones.

That said, I read the "The Nation" article you linked. I have to agree with your assessment. That isn't pro-BLM, it's a far-left agenda masquerading as support for BLM.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
People can tear down statues, and destroy books buit you can't erase whats in the human mind, its history.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trump owns the GOP and sets the party's agenda. He is a bigot, a white supremacist and a fascist.

Neither BLM nor Antifa is part of the Democrats, and the Democrats strongly and publicly condemned the riots and the violence.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
What's crazy about BLM? Antifa is a state of mind, not an organization as the numbnuts on the right think and simply means anti-fascist so if your anti-antifa you're pro-fascist I suppose.
Antifa as an idea is fine- the way it's being carried out is where it goes wrong.

BLM isn't crazy, but by focusing on killings by Police, it completely ignores the daily loss of Black lives in a large number of cities- the majority die at the hands of other Black people and in a large percentage of these, the shooter(s) and people hit by their gunfire knew each other. Also, interracial shooting stats show that less than 9% of Blacks murdered were killed by Whites in 2017 and 2018- Whites killed by Blacks came in around 16% in both years but most in both weren't random/strangers.

If they want an audience, let them address that. Police killing Blacks is terrible, but it doesn't happen as often as they want us to believe, it doesn't happen every day and it generally doesn't happen without some kind of provocation by the victim- read the news and look at the number of cases where the person who was shot fought with officers, shot at them and didn't pull over or tried to run over officers who were in patrol cars or on foot. In domestic violence cases, the situation escalates incredibly quickly. However, it's never OK for officers to lie to cover their butts and the Floyd case should have never happened- the other officers should have stopped Chauvin.

What should a cop do if someone wants to fight or shoot them?

Bad cops need to go, Police departments need to do a better job of weeding out the ones who need to go after violent confrontations and if an officer kills someone, is shot or involved in an event where someone was shot, they need to be checked for PTSD to make sure they won't be overreacting the next time. The cop in the MKE area who has killed three in five years- I can't think of a reason he should be in a law enforcement role that involves being armed. He may have been found to be justified, but that had to have affected him- if he wasn't affected, he's unfit for duty and if he was a citizen filling out the application for buying a gun, he should be denied.

highfigh

highfigh

Where did non-native people come from? Somewhere else, where violence and war had existed for centuries. The history of America is about 400 years, the history of Europe is far older and filled with far more violence and war. You can't ignore the fact that the thinking and actions at the time were directly tied to the history of the World as they knew it, violence and slavery included. Violence and war didn't start when the Europeans came to this continent- it had existed for hundreds of years between the native people. The last part of your post should be "People are violent". Some have lost the will to be violent, but I would bet that if the situation calls for it, they could be. Anyone can claim that they're against violence, but under threat, that goes out the window because nobody wants to be a victim.

The stupid thing about wars- it's the governments and people in charge causing them, not the people.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Antifa as an idea is fine- the way it's being carried out is where it goes wrong.

BLM isn't crazy, but by focusing on killings by Police, it completely ignores the daily loss of Black lives in a large number of cities- the majority die at the hands of other Black people and in a large percentage of these, the shooter(s) and people hit by their gunfire knew each other. Also, interracial shooting stats show that less than 9% of Blacks murdered were killed by Whites in 2017 and 2018- Whites killed by Blacks came in around 16% in both years but most in both weren't random/strangers.

If they want an audience, let them address that. Police killing Blacks is terrible, but it doesn't happen as often as they want us to believe, it doesn't happen every day and it generally doesn't happen without some kind of provocation by the victim- read the news and look at the number of cases where the person who was shot fought with officers, shot at them and didn't pull over or tried to run over officers who were in patrol cars or on foot. In domestic violence cases, the situation escalates incredibly quickly. However, it's never OK for officers to lie to cover their butts and the Floyd case should have never happened- the other officers should have stopped Chauvin.

What should a cop do if someone wants to fight or shoot them?

Bad cops need to go, Police departments need to do a better job of weeding out the ones who need to go after violent confrontations and if an officer kills someone, is shot or involved in an event where someone was shot, they need to be checked for PTSD to make sure they won't be overreacting the next time. The cop in the MKE area who has killed three in five years- I can't think of a reason he should be in a law enforcement role that involves being armed. He may have been found to be justified, but that had to have affected him- if he wasn't affected, he's unfit for duty and if he was a citizen filling out the application for buying a gun, he should be denied.
I think the driving force behind BLM was probably racial profiling and being at the bottom of the totem poll.

highfigh

highfigh

Trell- explain where I'm wrong. It's easy to think the way you do, from a distance, having never lived here and with your experiences. All you can do is interpret what you read and see on the news and online.

highfigh

highfigh

I think the driving force behind BLM was probably racial profiling and being at the bottom of the totem poll.
If profiling is 'part of the job' as in, cops are recruited or trained to do it, that needs to stop.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trell- explain where I'm wrong. It's easy to think the way you do, from a distance, having never lived here and with your experiences. All you can do is interpret what you read and see on the news and online.
Your reply is why I just marked your post with "disagree".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis