confederate symbols

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I asked you, my little friend.
Perhaps your reading comprehension is not up to par.
Did I unintentionally insult you Confederate sensibilities? Do you support the Confederates fight for slavery? Though I do not compare the Confederates to Nazis they do have something in common: White supremacy, oppression and slavery of others.

Perhaps you should try reading the article I linked once again, though it's not Fox News sound bites style.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Guess it would be like putting up Nazi symbols in Germany, or statues of Adolf Hitler all over Europe. I for one feel those death camps should be torn down but they are still standing. Just like the use of the famous "N" word anyone else uses it and get chastise. But yet it's used by music artist and in movies. I was walking in Walmart the other day and 3 African Americans where using the N-Word like it was their second nature. There is a double standard in this country for sure and all over the world. Black, white green or purple racism is embedded in humans since the dawn of man.
The comments I have heard about the death camps is that the people who had seen them during tours were extremely shocked & disturbed by what they saw and heard from guides- this is exactly what the camps need to do- show people that this should never be allowed to happen again.

And to think the people living nearby didn't believe what they were told during WWII, only realizing it was true after the people in the camps were liberated......

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Did I unintentionally insult you Confederate sensibilities? Do you support the Confederates fight for slavery? Though I do not compare the Confederates to Nazis they do have something in common: White supremacy, oppression and slavery of others.

Perhaps you should try reading the article I linked once again, though it's not Fox News sound bites style.
You read your link.

Thanks though.

highfigh

highfigh

OK, this amazes me- South Carolina has a place called 'Lake Secession'.

That's not going to change on its own and the people nearby are unlikely to change it, either- not sure it would be a good idea to go in and force them to do it- might end up with someone playing Banjo on a porch. And other events.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

That's not going to change on its own and the people nearby are unlikely to change it, either- not sure it would be a good idea to go in and force them to do it- might end up with someone playing Banjo on a porch. And other events.
Wait till you hear about White Settlement, TX.

2021-01-05 13_45_15-White Settlement, TX - Google Search.png

Hilarious. That's just what came up when I googled the name of the city. Wow.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
When I hear the name of White Settlement, it brings to mind this legend of a man:
Jack Wilson.jpg

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

All in the name of preserving history.:rolleyes: (Yes they have a right to keep it, but stupid is stupid.) My experience is usually there's an uncomfortable truth behind why they want to preserve these historical things.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It didn't occur to me for a while but realized many of the advocates for preserving these confederate statues don't actually live in said areas. I think they'd just drive thru the towns of White Settlement or Lake Secession LOL. And if they did live in those two towns, I doubt they'd be sending to many letters in the mail with their address on it. It concerns me the people who want to preserve history with these tacky statues don't have a better opinion of homo sapiens who have learned and grown from the experience. Using their argument, the distinct difference was with the founders slavery was a part of the time and common place. It isn't taboo and polarizing like the Civil War because civilization had moved away from it. People remember the founders for the Constitution and slavery is the afterthought. There isn't the stigma attached to them as is the confederacy.

Edit: my comment is based on those who live outside those areas and geared more toward conservative commentators who want to preserve esp. a Republican history but also say things like .....but they're trying to erase our history!

carlthess40

carlthess40

Audioholic
About people just mind their own business, if you don’t live there don’t bitch about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
It didn't occur to me for a while but realized many of the advocates for preserving these confederate statues don't actually live in said areas. I think they'd just drive thru the towns of White Settlement or Lake Secession LOL. And if they did live in those two towns, I doubt they'd be sending to many letters in the mail with their address on it. It concerns me the people who want to preserve history with these tacky statues don't have a better opinion of homo sapiens who have learned and grown from the experience. Using their argument, the distinct difference was with the founders slavery was a part of the time and common place. It isn't taboo and polarizing like the Civil War because civilization had moved away from it. People remember the founders for the Constitution and slavery is the afterthought. There isn't the stigma attached to them as is the confederacy.

Edit: my comment is based on those who live outside those areas and geared more toward conservative commentators who want to preserve esp. a Republican history but also say things like .....but they're trying to erase our history!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ……………………… lets all have some more cancel culture BS !

highfigh

highfigh

Are you saying that the Confederacy was Republican? If so, you might want to study history.

WRT not approaching people to give them food or water- why can't they use a system where the people in line get a number (like in a deli) and food trucks come in to feed people? That way, the voter goes to the food and pays for it, so nobody is exchanging food or water for a vote. When they return, the number gets them in their original place in line. If the lines are so long that people have to wait for hours, they're (the state/local government) doing it wrong. Get 'em in, get 'em out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis