confederate symbols

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Couldn't care either way, but the full history needs to be taught and not forgotten. That includes the good and the bad. Attempting to erase history and not teaching history is a dangerous path. It is amazing how many people today seem to think the civil war was only about slavery.
If we're going to take down statues, then people should take a good look at all the statues around the country not just those from the civil war or colonial era. I think you may be surprised by what you find. Do some research, it is very enlightening.

But this offended culture we now live in is completely out of control. What you may find appropriate will always offend someone else and vice a versa. This is why comedy has turned to sh.... The only thing your allowed to bag on today is America and Christianity. The really good comedians of old, would be strung up and run out of the country today. SMH

We should join together and get congress to pass a law. Those SJW's running around screaming and crying that this or that offended them. We should be allowed to Slap the sh... out of them till they come to their senses. ;)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
So, how high is your camp in the Adirondacks ? Mt Marcy ??
Ha. No. All of that area called the High Peaks Wilderness is forever wild. I live next to Whiteface Mtn and 10 miles from Lake Placid. Very lucky to live and work here.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Couldn't care either way, but the full history needs to be taught and not forgotten. That includes the good and the bad. Attempting to erase history and not teaching history is a dangerous path. It is amazing how many people today seem to think the civil war was only about slavery.
If we're going to take down statues, then people should take a good look at all the statues around the country not just those from the civil war or colonial era. I think you may be surprised by what you find. Do some research, it is very enlightening.

But this offended culture we now live in is completely out of control. What you may find appropriate will always offend someone else and vice a versa. This is why comedy has turned to sh.... The only thing your allowed to bag on today is America and Christianity. The really good comedians of old, would be strung up and run out of the country today. SMH

We should join together and get congress to pass a law. Those SJW's running around screaming and crying that this or that offended them. We should be allowed to Slap the sh... out of them till they come to their senses. ;)
You must have missed my links above to the same article, but the third time is the charm or something?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

After thinking about it I can see why it was taken down. The optics are not real good. SMH:confused:
My feeling is some Republicans want to uphold a few of these monuments under the assumption doing a little digging will show America was founded on a Republic. But it also can occasionally come across as stupid. If you wanna defend the Robert Lee statue, by all means. But he opposed and fought in a war over abolition. I LOL when they say America is being erased with some conspiracy. White guys are marching with torches. A plane is flying a confederate flag over a NASCAR race to oppose the flag ruling. A confederate flag used over an American one. Not hard to figure what it's about.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
oh for crying out loud, this crap was brought up months back when all the civil unrest was going nuts. My comment, to which adk apparently didn't understand was 'lets erect statues for the important figures that changed this country in a positive light' as we hopefully can take another step forward.
What do you mean, by 'was'? It's still happening in Milwaukee.

highfigh

highfigh

A plane is flying a confederate flag over a NASCAR race to oppose the flag ruling. A confederate flag used over an American one. Not hard to figure what it's about.
I went to a scrap yard yesterday, to get rid of some copper, brass and scrap cable- as I was leaving, I saw a fat, pasty White guy in a jacket & hat with the pattern of the Confederate flag. Surrounded by Hispanic and Black people working at this place and he chose to wear that. In Milwaukee.

More guts than brains.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Ha. No. All of that area called the High Peaks Wilderness is forever wild. I live next to Whiteface Mtn and 10 miles from Lake Placid. Very lucky to live and work here.
oh for sure, I remember back in '80 the railroad operated to Placid for the Winter Games and now it's in the process of being torn up between Tupper Lake and Lake Placid.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
its called censorship. but yeah All of those should've never been put up in the first place. Put that in a say umm history museum.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I went to a scrap yard yesterday, to get rid of some copper, brass and scrap cable- as I was leaving, I saw a fat, pasty White guy in a jacket & hat with the pattern of the Confederate flag. Surrounded by Hispanic and Black people working at this place and he chose to wear that. In Milwaukee.

More guts than brains.
It's one person. I'm talking about the more polarizing examples that make national news. I'd hope the minority are hurting the majority.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
its called censorship. but yeah All of those should've never been put up in the first place. Put that in a say umm history museum.
Not censorship but stupid. It is state rights, so if they wanna keep hoisted a confederate symbol they have that right to stupid. Lovely example being led. I think some of it comes down to being caucasian vs black. Or simply having experienced it.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Not censorship but stupid. It is state rights, so if they wanna keep hoisted a confederate symbol they have that right to stupid. Lovely example being led. I think some of it comes down to being caucasian vs black. Or simply having experienced it.
Guess it would be like putting up Nazi symbols in Germany, or statues of Adolf Hitler all over Europe. I for one feel those death camps should be torn down but they are still standing. Just like the use of the famous "N" word anyone else uses it and get chastise. But yet it's used by music artist and in movies. I was walking in Walmart the other day and 3 African Americans where using the N-Word like it was their second nature. There is a double standard in this country for sure and all over the world. Black, white green or purple racism is embedded in humans since the dawn of man.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

It's one person. I'm talking about the more polarizing examples that make national news. I'd hope the minority are hurting the majority.
I think that if he had acted like a total knob and pushed in front of others as he did his business at the yard, it could have made the news- there's no way to be subtle in a jacket & hat like that one. All he really needed was a big jacked up pickup truck that has the Confederate flag on his doors and back window, a roll cage on the bed, a light bar & brush guard with some kind of WestboroBaptist Church speech blasting from the stereo (8-Track, of course). The fact that this happened in Milwaukee, often referred to as 'the most segregated city in America', makes it a potentially very polarizing act. People are shooting others for no apparent reason here- this could have gone sideways very quickly.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
If you read the article, son, you'll know that I did not. Or perhaps your reading comprehension is not up to par.
I asked you, my little friend.
Perhaps your reading comprehension is not up to par.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis