Clash of the Titans Remake - Warner Bros

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I watched the making of on HBO last night. Didn't look that good.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
i predict that it will be better than hurt locker

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
i predict that it will be better than hurt locker
Maybe in terms of visual effects.:D

I just don't see how they can screw up the movie!:eek:

Just make the story exactly like the original, except make everyone look good, and make all the actresses really hot. Then make sure the sound quality is the OPPOSITE of "Transformers". Recipe for success. Just keep the story exactly like the original. Is that too much to ask for?:eek:

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Maybe in terms of visual effects.:D

I just don't see how they can screw up the movie!:eek:

Just make the story exactly like the original, except make everyone look good, and make all the actresses really hot. Then make sure the sound quality is the OPPOSITE of "Transformers". Recipe for success. Just keep the story exactly like the original. Is that too much to ask for?:eek:
no kidding, it was a great movie back in the day.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
do you mean transformer? i think it is magan fox that make it worth to watch but not the story line,dont you agree? Clash of the titan 3D is awesome! i like it so much! what will be next? Son of Hades? :p
i was meaning the original clash of the titans

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I still have not seen it due to the common cold (upper respiratory infection), but my sister and her husband have seen it. They both loved the original CLASH movie as well.

They both thought this 2010 remake of CLASH was better than the original in every single way.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Seen this film is 2-D this morning. To be honest, my feelings are mixed. On the one hand, some of the F/X were done well whereas at other times they were mediocre at best. The acting certainly is not going to win any big time awards either. The audio F/X were decent. Over all, I liked the film. That is, it was better than the original. Would easily give this film a solid "C".

Cheers,

Phil

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Seen this film is 2-D this morning. To be honest, my feelings are mixed. On the one hand, some of the F/X were done well whereas at other times they were mediocre at best. The acting certainly is not going to win any big time awards either. The audio F/X were decent. Over all, I liked the film. That is, it was better than the original. Would easily give this film a solid "C".

Cheers,

Phil
It's funny how a lot of people think the original was a masterpiece or something.:eek:

It was neat to see the Greek gods and all that stuff. But I didn't think the original movie was close to being great.

I still have not seen CLASH yet, but I will. And I plan on getting the Director's Extended Edition too because the studio probably made him cut out about an hour of film.:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It's funny how a lot of people think the original was a masterpiece or something.:eek:

It was neat to see the Greek gods and all that stuff. But I didn't think the original movie was close to being great.

I still have not seen CLASH yet, but I will. And I plan on getting the Director's Extended Edition too because the studio probably made him cut out about an hour of film.:D
Exactly! Great point. The remake was better in most aspects imho. However, as you eluded to the original had some great moments. ;):eek:;)

Cheers,

Phil

astrodon

astrodon

Audioholic
I just saw it in 3D and thought it was pretty good. I actually liked it better than Avatar. There was an acknowledgement to Ray Harryhaussen through the brief appearance of one of the props from his 1981 movie. The only disappointing thing was the slight rewrite of the Perseus-Andromeda story by introducing Hades as the villian instead of the goddess Thetis who ordered Andromeda to be sacrificed in addition to one or two other changes which I won't reveal at this time. One plus with this movie was the fact that unlike Harryhausen's film, the king Cepheus was mentioned. Any amateur and professional astronomer can describe this story due to the prominent northern constellations (Cassiopeia, Cepheus, Perseus, Andromeda, and Pegasus). I will likely go see it again sometime during the next few weeks.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw CLASH.

I loved it.

I thought it was much, much better than the original in every way.

I thought the story was awesome and made a lot more sense than the original.

Who cares if BuBo the owl was only in there for a few seconds?

This movie was FAST and to the point.

I will definitely buy this movie on blu-ray!!!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I just saw it in 3D and thought it was pretty good. I actually liked it better than Avatar. There was an acknowledgement to Ray Harryhaussen through the brief appearance of one of the props from his 1981 movie. The only disappointing thing was the slight rewrite of the Perseus-Andromeda story by introducing Hades as the villian instead of the goddess Thetis who ordered Andromeda to be sacrificed in addition to one or two other changes which I won't reveal at this time. One plus with this movie was the fact that unlike Harryhausen's film, the king Cepheus was mentioned. Any amateur and professional astronomer can describe this story due to the prominent northern constellations (Cassiopeia, Cepheus, Perseus, Andromeda, and Pegasus). I will likely go see it again sometime during the next few weeks.
I saw in it 3D yesterday and this movie in 3D looks like upscaled DVD to HD. Like 3D was slapped on after shooting, quick and dirty. Not impressive at all, effects&visuals wise Clash is A FAR CRY from Imax Avatar.
Story wise, it wasn't to write home ether, just all very average with few random sparks of talent, especially from villains.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
I saw in it 3D yesterday and this movie in 3D looks like upscaled DVD to HD. Like 3D was slapped on after shooting, quick and dirty. Not impressive at all, effects&visuals wise Clash is A FAR CRY from Imax Avatar.
Story wise, it wasn't to write home ether, just all very average with few random sparks of talent, especially from villains.
I'm fairly certain the movie wasn't shot natively in 3D, at least from what I've heard anyways.

I saw it in 2D, it was a good movie, worth the 9 bucks.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm fairly certain the movie wasn't shot natively in 3D, at least from what I've heard anyways.

I saw it in 2D, it was a good movie, worth the 9 bucks.
yea, maybe worth 9, but not $16.5 I paid

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This movie was filmed in 2D.

So anyone who watches this movie in 3D got ripped-off.

I think that is one of the biggest reasons for all the negative reviews.

People felt CHEATED. So, of course, they are upset and cannot enjoy this movie.

I saw it in 2D, of course.

It looked great. Sounded great. I loved the story. Loved the acting from the major actors and actresses. Awesome special effects. Loved the story.:D

One of those cool movies I want to see over and over again.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So in the original, Perseus risks his life many times to rescue Andrometa because why?

...she was sooooooooooooooo beautiful or what?:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis