Clash of the Titans Remake - Warner Bros

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm excited about the trailer. I fear that the movie won't live up to it, though.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm excited about the trailer. I fear that the movie won't live up to it, though.
Yeah, there's always a possibility of a let-down.

But I sure hope "Clash of the Titans" will be much better than "Troy"!:D

Did you like the 2008 "Incredible Hulk"?

That same director will be doing "Clash of the Titans".

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I liked Troy. I'm not as big a fan of the 08 Hulk, but I don't know that the director was my issue with it. I'm glad it's someone with a better track record than the German guy who keeps adapting video games.

How fast cut the trailer is worries me (and how much it's focused on 3 scenes). It almost makes me feel the trailer makers is trying to "polish the turd"

Exciting trailer though. Solid looking effects. Interesting cast.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't seen that, yet. I'll have to add it to my Netflix queue.
Oh my goodness. I cannot believe you have not seen "The Incredible Hulk" 2008!

I thought it was so much better than the Ang Lee "HULK"!:D

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I'm looking at the description on apple and the've sold out the plot. Now an evil Hades (Hades is not evil in Greek myth) is trying to overthrow a banevolent Zeus (a complete *** in mythology: there's a reason "tyrant" is a Greek word), and only our hero Perseus can save the world.

One of the cool things about CotT is the deific politics: it's a major component of most greek writing (read Homer sometime). To impose a zoroastrian "god vs the devil" is, well, sacrelige. I'm disappointed in advance :(

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm not sure what to make of the trailer. Part of me liked it, part of me thought it looked like a bad Hong Kong cinema mix of The 300 & Chronicles of Riddick with a soundtrack borrowed from the newer Batman movies. All great on their own but maybe not so good together.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I've learned to not get too excited about remakes.

Particularly after War of the Worlds, both Invasion of the Body Snatchers (three if you count The Invasion, which was the best of the three) and, heaven forbid, The Day the Earth Stood Still, the taste of which I still can't get out of my mouth.

Maybe it's like comfort food but I like the original with Harry Hamlin, Burgess Meredith and Ray Harryhausen's (last) stop-motion animation.

I'm sure the effects will be state-of-the-art but it takes more than SFX to make a good movie.

Oh The 2003 Hulk sucked. The 2008 was much, much better. I particularly like how they tied it into the "Iron Man" mythos. Then again, I generally like anything Ed Norton does.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not too sure about this one. I saw the trailer last week and it left me cold. Other than the Medusa, I didn't really see anything I recognized from the original. Where was the Kraken? Where was the mechanical owl? The blind witches did look cool though.

I LOVED the original as a kid. This one just looks like a different version of 300.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Heck yes-this looks stellar! Thanks, I did not even know it was being made. Certainly looks better than the original FX wise. ;):);) Personally, I am really looking forward to seeing Avatar myself.

Cheers,

Phil

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Heck yes-this looks stellar! Thanks, I did not even know it was being made. Certainly looks better than the original FX wise. ;):);) Personally, I am really looking forward to seeing Avatar myself.

Cheers,

Phil
Yeah, me too.

My wife doesn't seem very interested in AVATAR, but I sure am.:D

And if possible, I would like to see it in IMAX.:D

My thoughts on CLASH OF THE TITANS - great casts, decent director, special effects, based on classic story - can't be that bad.:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Exactly-how bad could it be with all of those ingredients. Right now, I am really stoked about Avatar. Seeing it in IMAX-3D should be an awesome experience. Perhaps, I need to stay home more as opposed to always going to my local theater! ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Saw the trailer for this about a month ago. Not sure yet if it looks good or not :)

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
I'm not too sure about this one. I saw the trailer last week and it left me cold. Other than the Medusa, I didn't really see anything I recognized from the original. Where was the Kraken? Where was the mechanical owl? The blind witches did look cool though.

I LOVED the original as a kid. This one just looks like a different version of 300.
This was one of my all time favorite movies as a kid also and I agree with you. Without the Kraken and some of the other original monsters it will fall flat. I hope they are in there and just were not shown in the trailer. This might be a blind buy for me....:cool:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
hmmm. troy with 300. (hate troy, love 300)

i'll watch it to see what sam worthington can do in a full movie (i don't consider terminator salvation a full movie of his)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Without the Kraken and some of the other original monsters it will fall flat. I hope they are in there and just were not shown in the trailer. This might be a blind buy for me....:cool:
Did you guys see the latest trailer where Zeus says, "Release the Kraken!" and we see Perseus on his Pegasus flying around the Kraken?:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Has anyone seen this yet?

Most reviews (critics & users) said it SUCKED big time!:eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis