China now a Clear and Present Danger

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And the US-China meeting in Alaska ended with bickering about human rights and trade.

Let's see how this shakes out......
The Biden administration strongly objecting to putting over a million Muslims in concentration camps is "bickering", along with other very offensive human rights abuses?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The Biden administration strongly objecting to putting over a million Muslims in concentration camps is "bickering", along with other very offensive human rights abuses?
My point wasn't to dump on Biden, it was to show an example of China's unwillingness to toe the line and add to the idea that they fit the description of the thread's title.

They have been doing that to the Uyghurs for years- why have the UN and other agencies not done anything about it? I'm not referring to a strongly-worded letter of outrage, either.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
My point wasn't to dump on Biden, it was to show an example of China's unwillingness to toe the line and add to the idea that they fit the description of the thread's title.

They have been doing that for years- why have the UN and other agencies not done anything about it? I'm not referring to a strongly-worded letter of outrage, either.
I misunderstood you, sorry.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

They have been doing that to the Uyghurs for years- why have the UN and other agencies not done anything about it? I'm not referring to a strongly-worded letter of outrage, either.
Probably because China is a permanent member of the UN Security Council and can veto pretty much anything they don't like.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Probably because China is a permanent member of the UN Security Council and can veto pretty much anything they don't like.
That needs to change. No country should be able to continue their terrible treatment of anyone and just blow it off because 'they're a member of the club'.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That needs to change. No country should be able to continue their terrible treatment of anyone and just blow it off because 'they're a member of the club'.
Agreed. But, they can veto any change.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This news report is consistent with the title of this thread.

>>>WASHINGTON, April 14 (Reuters) - U.S. spy agency leaders warned on Wednesday of the "unparalleled threat" posted by China, citing Beijing's regional aggression, cyber capabilities and economic clout as they testified at a public congressional "Worldwide Threats" hearing for the first time in more than two years.

"China increasingly is a near-peer competitor challenging the United States in multiple arenas, while pushing to revise global norms in ways that favor the authoritarian Chinese system," Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines told the Senate Intelligence Committee.

"(China) also has substantial cyber capabilities that if deployed, at a minimum, can cause localized, temporary disruptions to critical infrastructure inside the United States," Haines said.

Haines' opening statement also cited Russian efforts to undermine U.S. influence, Iran's contribution to instability in the Middle East, global terrorism and potential North Korean efforts to "drive wedges" between Washington and its allies as significant threats.

The appearance by Haines and the other intelligence agency directors was the first public "Worldwide Threats" hearing on global threats to the United States since January 2019. They were not held during the last two years of the administration of former President Donald Trump, who often clashed with the nation's security agencies. <<<

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This has been a very good thread

One take away I feel is that it's pretty obvious if we don't get our act together China will surpass us in every way possible within 20 to 30 years. And as many have said none of us trust them so can we really trust that they would only be content with economic superiority?

That's a gamble I don't think I want to take

I don't think the answer is to engage in conflict with them unless we have no choice.

Rather we need to reassert our own excellence in the areas China is starting to pull ahead. We have to not beat them per say but rather beat them at they're own game.

I'm tired of our attempts at policing the entire world. Right now we need to fix our own problems which are a lot to deal with

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
This has been a very good thread

One take away I feel is that it's pretty obvious if we don't get our act together China will surpass us in every way possible within 20 to 30 years. And as many have said none of us trust them so can we really trust that they would only be content with economic superiority?

That's a gamble I don't think I want to take

I don't think the answer is to engage in conflict with them unless we have no choice.

Rather we need to reassert our own excellence in the areas China is starting to pull ahead. We have to not beat them per say but rather beat them at they're own game.

I'm tired of our attempts at policing the entire world. Right now we need to fix our own problems which are a lot to deal with
If we (the West) do nothing, China will become the preeminent world power. And, it will be because we were simply too feckless to act. The regime is single-minded in this goal. Western businesses see China as a huge market that we'd be foolish to not deal with, but blind to the fact that they are being used to further an agenda.

I don't think China has any desire to form a physical empire, in the classical sense. But, they certainly want economic and cultural dominance - their "place in the sun", so to speak. That said, there is no doubt that they want Hong Kong returned to fold, completely, while trying not to kill that golden egg-laying goose and eventually, when they feel confident enough, Taiwan.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hard to compete with a country like China. Let alone dominate them with our different systems. We gave them way too much too soon IMHO in our rush for short term profit. Giving them MFN status for the convenience of those offshoring manufacturing there....not a great move.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis